The Boy and His Guitar

Chapter 2: Living Life by Default

I could list off facts about Colton and Ryder; things girls would die to know. They had instantly hit it off with my brother and suddenly began appearing at my house more and more often. Even though they weren’t really my friends, I guess being the best friend’s sister made us friends indirectly. Fox was around too, but he was just as mysterious as the moment I met him.

I’d witness the four of them hang out. Fox seemed to be the unspoken leader. While Cam and Ryder would just go with the flow, Colton was the plan maker. If anything, it was Colton’s lifelong goal to always keep everyone preoccupied, he on the other hand, also seemed to respect Fox immensely. Fox would strum carelessly refusing to pay attention to anything or anyone. If it were anyone else, Colton would be furious, but then again, everything was different when it came to Fox.

It was still a mystery to me how Cam had come across these boys, but then again, I met Fox in a tree. Besides, I wasn’t in any position to complain about cute boys.

“So Aurelie?” Someone ambushed me wrapping their arms around my body and pulling me in closer, “Are you excited for your first day off school?”

“Depends,” I shrugged in his arms, “Should I be excited?”

“Well…” Colton started smiling turning my body to face his, “They’ll all be there,” He motioned to the guys lounging around, “And you’ll be there, and most importantly, I’ll be there! Though I still don’t understand how we’re in the same grade…”

I must have explained this to him a million times, but I didn’t care, Colton confused was extremely adorable, “It’s just because my parents decided to wait a year before enrolling Cam into the school systems. He’s probably the oldest kid in the grade.”

“Oh yea, I forgot,” Colton smiled.

“Enough about school,” Fox said from the other side of the room. His head was slumped back against the couch and he stared up at the ceiling, “All it does it get people down. They decide that they have the authority to tell you what you can and can’t do because supposedly they know what’s best for everyone. They might as well tell you how to think.”

“Technically they do mate, it is an educational institution,” Ryder added.

“Touché,” Fox stood up, “Anyway, I’m going to get going. I’ve got to go do a few things before I get sucked into all the nothingness tomorrow.”

“I’d best be going with him,” Ryder stood up as well, “I told my mum I would be home for dinner, and you know my mum… well, you don’t, but I’m sure you will son… it’s inevitable. Anyway, cheers guys. I’ll see you blokes tomorrow at the hell hole.” He stopped to look at me and smiled faintly, “Aurelie.”

The two of them let themselves out. Then it was three… Cam and I… and an extremely strange boy named Colton.

“Well, I’ve got some stuff to do before dinner, I’m sure you two can find something to do,” Cam said rubbing is hand together, “So Colt, you’re staying, right?”

“Yea, that’d be great, thanks.”

“Awesome,” Cam smiled, “So I’ll be back in a little bit. I just need to straighten some stuff out in my room before mom rips my head off.”

We’d just moved here! How the hell was his room already so messy that mom felt the need to threaten him with decapitation? Besides, Colton is his friend! Why leave him with me? What am I supposed to do with him? I watched in horror as Cam left the room, his body was almost completely out of view when he took the last step and rounded the corner.

Colton is a boy. What do boys like to do? Play those stupid games on Xbox where you try to shoot people? Eat? Talk about girls?

“Let’s play 20 questions,” He said breaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded in agreement. “Alright, I’ll start… Aurelie Gallagher!” I slightly jumped in my seat at his outburst. This was going to be a long night, and tomorrow?

Tomorrow was going to be one hell of a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
BORING CHAPTER, I know. It'll get longer... and better the next one... I hope. Ahaha. Nahhhh... it shall.