Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter One

It was early afternoon on a Wednesday. Hudson’s Diner was very quiet with only a few customers, mostly people who came in seeking shelter from the storm. Outside the rain was pouring from the sky in buckets, the wind was relentless and it was overcast making the day gray and miserable. The Diner was warm and quiet as we went about our work. It was owned by an older man named John and his wife Anna. They were really kind people. They made excellent food and made everyone that came into the Diner feel welcome and like family.

I had been working here for the last three months, ever since I came to Huntington Beach California. I had no idea why I came here really; I just packed up and drove till I was out of gas money. With the last bit of my money I came into the Diner and bought a cup of coffee. Anna, being the intuitive women that she is, placed a slice of pie in front of me and struck up conversation. I told her I just left home and was looking for work and a place to stay. She offered me a job at the Diner as a waitress and told me about a small apartment building she and her husband owned. She told me I could have one of the apartments for half the rent until I was able to afford the full rent. I was completely grateful for what she and John did for me.

“Hey Ellie, table three is here.” Joe a fellow waitress informed as she walked past, her hands full of dirty dishes to take to the kitchen.

“Thanks Joe.” I said taking a coffee cup and a coffee pot off the counter. I made my way to the back booth that was in front of a big window. The man in the booth was fairly tall with muscular arms and shoulders that were covered in colourful tattoos. He had black hair that was messy like he ran his fingers through it often, pale skin, and full lips with snake bites, and shockingly bright and beautiful green eyes. He wore blue jeans and a Misfits sweater today.

When I got to his table I placed the coffee cup down and filled it with coffee. He looked up at me and nodded in acknowledgement before turning back to the window and looking at the grey wet world outside.

“Let me know if you’d like anything else.” I said with a smile as he nodded at me, already knowing that he wouldn’t ask for anything besides a refill on his coffee.

I went back to the counter where Joe was standing, waiting for me. Joe was a slim woman with a big attitude. She had bright red hair and a temper to match. She was 28 and my only friend in Huntington besides John and Anna, though they were more like parental figures to me.

“Still not saying anything other than asking for a cup of coffee?” Joe asked as she strung up a customer’s bill.

“Nope. He’s been coming in everyday at the same time for the last three weeks and only ever says a total of 10 words.” I said as I wiped down the front counter. “He looks so sad.” I mused as I glanced over at him.

“Then go cheer him up. You’re oddly good at that.” Joe said as she gave me a little push towards his table.

“But that would be weird and a little pushy to just go and talk to him.” I replied as I side stepped her.

“You’re the one who said he was sad. I have to agree with you on that. He looks destroyed. He looks like he needs someone to talk to. And you’re a nice person, who’s empathetic and a good listener so you go talk to him.” She ordered as she gave me a strong push from behind the counter.

I stumbled a little before gaining my balance; I turned to glare at her playfully at Joe before making my way to his table. I stopped at the front counter and grabbed a slice of Anna’s homemade berry pie. I grabbed a fork before heading to the table he occupied. When I got in front of him I placed the slice of pie in front of him and slid into the booth across from him. He glanced up at me in surprise before frowning a little.

“You look like you needed something to eat and there’s no way you can pass up Anna’s homemade pie. It’s delicious.” I said with a small smile.

“Thanks, but I’m not really hungry.” He replied in a husky voice.

“You’re lying.” I stated.

“What?” he asked shocked.

“I can tell you’re hungry. You’re pale and it looks like you’ve barely eaten anything in weeks.” I said with a small shrug.

“How-” he started.

“I’m an observant person. You look like you need someone to talk to. I’m sorry if I seem like a pushy creepy person, but you look like you need it.” I shrugged sheepishly. “You don’t have to talk to me, but I’d feel better if you ate something and I bet you would too”

I stared into his green eyes, waiting to see what he would do. His eyes looked so sad and broken, like they used to sparkle but now they can’t he sighed and lowered his gaze, before picking up the fork and taking a small bite of pie. His eyes widened in surprise before looking back up at me.

“Told you, you couldn’t pass up Anna’s homemade pie.” I said with a smile. “I’ll leave you be now. If you need anything else just let me know.” I said as I slid out of the booth.

“Uh…thanks…Ellie?” he asked as he stared at my name tag on my old Metallica shirt. The Diner didn’t have uniforms, which I was thankful for.

“It’s short for Elliot.” I said with a smile. “Since you never gave me your name I’ll call you Misfit until you decide to give it. No rush. Later Misfit.” I smiled at him. He flashed a small barely there smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Bye Ellie.” He said softly as I left the table. I smiled as I walked back to the front of the Diner.

“So?” Joe asked as I stood by her.

“Well I got him to eat a piece of pie but I didn’t pry much. Just told him he looked sad and that he could use some company and some food.” I shrugged.

“It’s a start.” Joe said as she bumped her hip into mine.

“Hmm. Well I’m off Joe. I’ll see you later. I’ll pick up Sam from Daycare on my way home.” I told her as I moved to the back of the diner.

“Alright. See you Hun. I’ll bring super by tonight for us. See you.”

“Bye Joe.” I called as I walked into the office to see John and Anna sharing a sweet kiss.

“Ahh! My eyes!” I squealed as I stood in the doorway peeking between my fingers.

“Oh enough of that sass Miss Elliot.” Anna playfully scolded me from her spot behind the desk. Anna was a lovely woman. She was in her mid-50’s with long light brown and grey hair she wore in a bun. She was always smiling and he brown eyes always sparkled. John had salt and pepper hair, mischievous blue eyes and a loud laugh. They were the nicest people I had ever met besides Joe.

“Sorry Ms. Anna. I couldn’t resist.” I smiled as I walked to my little cubby and put my apron in it and grabbed my sweater and back pack.

“Done for the day dear?” Anna asked as I pulled on my old worn Avenged Sevenfold zip up hoodie.

“Yes ma’am. I just have to swing by the daycare on my way home and pick up Sam.” I explained carrying my back pack over one shoulder.

“Alright. Well have a good night dear. See you tomorrow.” Anna and John said from the desk.

I smiled and said goodbye before walking out the back door of the diner and into the staff parking lot. It was no longer raining as my apartment was close to the Diner so most days I just walked to work. I loved Huntington Beach. It was a nice place to live and a whole lot warmer than my Canadian blood was used to even if it was winter here.

I left home three months ago and for some reason I came here. I’m not even sure why. I just got in my car and drove till I couldn’t anymore and Hudson’s diner was where I stopped and it turned out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I missed home, but I had nothing left there anymore. The only family I did have died a week before I left home. I had nothing keeping me there so I packed up my car and I left.it turned out to be the best decision ever. John and Anna were so kind and nice to me and they were like family. Joe lived in the same apartment building as me across the street actually and we had become fast friends. She has a beautiful five year old son named Sam. He is so darn cute with his bright blue eyes and black hair. He’s a great kid and I love spending time with him and Joe.

The daycare was just a few blocks from the Diner and one from our apartment building. The moment I stepped into the building I could hear kids screaming and laughing. I walked into the play room and spotted Sam playing with a pretty brown haired girl.

“Hey Elliot. Here to pick up Sam?” Terri a daycare worker asked as she came out of the office.

“Yes I am. Joe doesn’t get off work for a few more hours.” I explained.

“Alright. Just sign him out and he’s all yours.” She said with a smile as she handed me a clipboard full of papers. I quickly filled it out and handed it back to her.

“Sam, Elliot is here to pick you up.” Terri called out to Sam.

Sam looked up upon hearing his name and smiled big when he saw me. He stood up and ran towards me, giving me a hug the moment he was in front of me.

“Aunty Ellie!” he yelled as his little arms wrapped around my waist.

“Hey little man. You ready to go?” I asked as I ruffled his hair affectionately.

“Uh-huh.” He replied as he let go and looked up at me smiling.

“Alright get your coat and shoes on.”

I helped him into his coat, hat and light up Batman shoes, which were his favourite possessions next to his batman belt. Once he was dressed we said by to everyone and left the building.

“So did you have fun today?” I asked holding his small hand as we walked down the street towards the apartment.

“Ya I did. We made crafts today and we got to bake cupcakes.” He said excitedly.

“You did? I bet you were awesome at making cupcakes.” I smiled.

“I was. Lanna even said so. She asked how come I was so good at it, and I told her its cause I make them with you all the time.”

“That you do. And you make the best cupcakes ever.” I praised making him grin up at me. “So who was the pretty girl you were playing with?”

“Her names Emma. She’s my best friend.” He smiled as he jumped over a small puddle.

“She is? She’s very pretty.” I teased lightly.

“She’s more than pretty. She’s beautiful. I’m gonna marry her one day.” He said smugly.

“Oh well now. Do I get to attend your wedding?”

“Of course! You can be the one that marries us.”

“You mean the minister.” I said chuckling.

“Ya that person.” He replied as he let go of my hand and run up the steps to the apartment buildings door. I dug out my key and let us in and we raced to the elevator laughing the entire way.

“I wanna press the button!” he yelled as he pressed the button for the fourth floor.

We rode the elevator up to my apartment and raced to my door. Sam bounced impatiently in front of my door as I unlocked it.

“Hurry Ellie. I don’t wanna miss Batman.” He urged just as I opened my door. He went racing inside, dropping his backpack by the door and racing to the living room. He grabbed the remote off the coffee table and had the TV turned onto Batman before I managed to kick off my boots.

“Do you want a snack little man?” I asked as I entered my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

“Do you have any cookies?” he asked, his eyes glued to the TV as he sat on my coffee table.

“I think I might have some Oreos left somewhere.” I said as I opened the cupboards and searched for the cookies. I found the cookies and put a few on a plate for him and poured him a glass of milk.

“Here Sammy.” I said placing the plate and glass beside him as I sat down on the couch.
As soon as the plate was in his reach he dug into the cookies and the milk. We sat in silence for a while, him intent on the TV screen and I lost in my thoughts of my home.

“Hey Aunty how come you don’t have a boyfriend?” Sam asked at a commercial break. I looked over at him in surprise before answering.

“Because boys have cooties Sammy.” I joked as I poked his side. He laughed and squirmed away.

“I heard you and mommy talking before and you said your boyfriend died in an accident. Do you miss him?” Sam asked his big blue eyes looking up at me.

“Every day. I miss him every day.” I said quietly, smiling sadly up at Sam.

“But he’s still with you. If you love him and remember him then he will always be with you Ellie.” Sam said as he hugged me. “That’s what Mommy always says about Daddy.”

“You’re a good little man Sammy. You will be an excellent husband for Emma one day.” I said trying to hold back my tears as I squeezed him in a bear hug. “Come on we have some time before your mom gets home. Let’s play some hide and seek.” I suggested as I got up from the couch.

“I get to hide first.” He squealed running from the room as I hid my eyes with a couch pillow.

We played hide and seek for a few hour until Joe came home. Sammy was an amazing kid and I told him every chance I got.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I started another Fan-Fiction. I probably shouldn't have seeing as my other one isn't even finished. But I'm gonna try and update them together when i have time between classes. Obvioulsy this is another Zacky Vengeance fan-fic. For some reason he's the easiest to write about. This is still a work in progress so I would appreciate feedback. Enjoy