Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Ten

"Ha! Paper beats rock. I win." I said covering his fist with my hand and smirking up at Ty.

"That is the most ridiculous rule in the entire world. How in the hell can paper beat rock." he scoffed as he flopped onto the counter beside me.

"Ah no gripping just cause you lost." I said smiling at him from my laying down spot on the counter.

"I see the two of you are being very productive." Jake said as he walked out of the back room to see me lying down on the counter and Ty sitting on the one across from me.

"I showed her how to close and it's dead so we were just killing time till we can leave." Ty explained shrugging his shoulders and lifting his long legs onto the counter I was lying on.

"Yeah and he was whining because he lost at rock paper scissors." I said scoffing as I pushed his legs off the counter.

"Sounds like him alright." Jake said chuckling.

"Hey. I am not a whiner. You two are just jealous of my mad awesomeness." he said as he wiped his nails on his shoulder and smirked at the two of us.

"Mad being the key work in that sentence." I said as I sat up.

"I like you. You’re funny. You'll fit in just fine here." Jake said nodding in approval at me.

“You two are free to go. Here's your schedule Elliot. See you two tomorrow." he handed me a piece of paper before heading to the back room.

"Let me check it." Ty said grabbing the paper from my hands and skimming it before handing it to me. "We have all the same shifts. He must know we make a good team." he said with a suggestive eye wiggle.

"Oh we do, do we?" I said laughing.

"Of course we do. You can't deny this attraction." he said huskily as he walked towards me smirking. He stopped once he was standing between my legs.

"Really now?" I whispered as I stared at him waiting to see what he would do next.

"Really." he whispered huskily before leaning right close to face. He smirked evilly before he leaned in and licked my cheek before jumping back and laughing his ass off.

"Ugh! Ty you sicko!" I said scrubbing his spit from my cheek.

"Sorry I couldn't resist. You looked scared, like I was going to ravish you right on the spot so I figured a lick on the cheek would cheer you up." he said smiling over at me.

"Oh yeah because I just love to be licked." I huffed as I hopped off the counter and stood in front of him.

He grinned like the Cheshire cat and stepped towards me until he was standing over me. "I can do it again if you'd like?" he said cockily as he leaned down towards me.

I smirked and stood up on tiptoe till my lips were a breath away from his. "Or we can do something else." I offered with a seductive smile. I leaned forward until our lips were almost touching and then I reach up and grabbed his chin and turned his head and licked across his cheek.

"Oh you are such a tease." he laughed as he stepped back and whipped off his cheek.

"Yet you like me anyway." I said with a laugh as I grabbed my jacket from under the counter and slipped it on.

"Well this is true." he said grabbing his sweater from beside him and slipping it on before slinging his arm over my shoulder and walking out the door beside me. "So I guess I will see you tomorrow love. Enjoy your dinner. Later love." he said leaning down and kissing the top of my head before he turned and walked down the street.

I laughed and shook my head at Ty. He was a strange guy but I was glad we were friends. I liked that he was affectionate and flirty. It made me more comfortable around him. I got in car smiling at my good fortune for the day and made the short drive to my apartment. I grabbed my bag and the bag of clothes and made my way into the building. I took the elevator to my apartment and unlocked the door and closed it behind me. I dropped my purse on the bench and stepped into the living and screamed. Zack, Joe and Sam were sitting in my living room all looking at me sternly.

"Jesus Christ you guys. Give me a heart attack why don't you." I said dropping my bag of clothes and facing them.

"Where were you today?" Joe asked standing up and placing her hands on her hips.

"I was out doing laundry and then I went and got another job. Jeeze moms chill out." I said scoffing as I took off my jacket and flopped in my chair.

"You got another job?" Joe asked shocked.

"Yes. I still will work at the diner but since I can't with my wrist and I need the money now so I was lucky enough to find a wicked job." I said shrugging.

"Where?"

"At a record store. It's called The Crave. It's so awesome and I fricken love the guy I work with. He's a lot of fun." I said smiling thinking of goofy Ty.

"What time did you leave this morning." She asked frowning.

"Around noon. Why?" I asked as I looked at Joe trying very hard not to look at Zack.

"You ignored me this morning?" Zack asked sounding hurt.

"We shouldn't be spending so much time together Zack. It's just causing problems." I said sighing and not looking him in the eye.

"Stop listening to fucking Brian! It's not his fucking business so he needs to just back off and leave us alone." Zack yelled as he stood up and stood over me looking angry. I stared up at him shocked. His eyes were blazing he was so angry and his hands were balled in tight fists.

"Zack I'm sorry but I'm causing trouble and I don't want to. I do still want to be your friend but not at the expense of you friends and relationships." I said sighing as I stood up and moved away from Zack. "I'd love to stay and chat but I'm gonna be late for dinner. Bye guys."

"Dinner. Where and with who?" Joe asked confused.

"Johnny and Lacey invited me over for dinner. I don't want to be late." I explained grabbing my jacket and putting it back on.

"So you will still hang out with Johnny but you're just going to push me to the side and forget me." Zack accused angrily.

"I'm sorry Zack. I really am. I care for you a lot but I can’t be around you. I'm sorry." I said as I walked to him and wrapped my arms tightly around his middle burying my face in his chest. "Don't hate me Zacky. Please I really am sorry." I said as I pulled away and stood on tiptoe to kiss his cheek before pulling away and wiping my eyes. "I have to go. Lock the door behind you Joe. Love you all. Bye." I said quickly as I rushed out of the door and to the elevator.

God did that ever hurt. I care too much for Zack and it’s only causing trouble for him. As much as it hurts me to let go and distance myself from him it's for the better. I quickly made my way to my car and dug out the piece of paper with Johnny's address out of my purse. I put it in my lap and turned my car on and drove out of the parking lot. I drove with the music blasting. I was playing a mixed CD so when the song changed to critical acclaim I snarled and changed the song quickly. Brian was making me so angry that I couldn't even stand to listen to my favorite band. I blasted Walk by Pantera and drove to Johnny's. By the time I found the place it was five minutes to 7:30. I parked my car in his drive way and got out of the car. I walked to the front door and knocked. I had a bad feeling about tonight.

"Hello Elliot." Lacey greeted as she opened the front door. "Come on in." she said waving me inside. "Did you find the place ok?"

"Yeah it wasn't a problem. You have a nice place." I said looking around at everything as she led me into the living room.

"Thank you. You can just throw your coat on the couch." she said as she led me to a couch. I took of my coat and placed it on the arm of the couch and looked at the pictures on the walls and wall-unit. There was lots of all the guys and their girls. They all looked so happy in the pictures.

"Ellie!" I heard Johnny yell. I turned just in time for him to wrap me in a big bear hug.

"Oh. Christ I can't breathe." I squeaked out as he hugged me.

"Did you just call me Christ?" he asked loosening his arms and looking at me weirdly.

"No I meant it as Jesus Christ not Johnny Christ." I said as I hugged him back.

"Ah I see. Well welcome. Glad you came. For a while I was worried you wouldn't show." he said letting me go and sitting on the couch beside Lacey. I sat on the couch so was facing the two of them.

"Truthfully I thought about not coming because I don't want to cause trouble, but Brian told me to stay away from Zack not you."

"Brian should just mind his own business. Don't listen to him. You free to be friends with whoever you want to be." Lacey said heatedly as Johnny nodded in agreement.

"He's just being as ass, so don't pay any attention to him. He's worried over nothing. You’re a super sweet person and you genuinely care for Zack and he cares for you. Brian just has to accept that. Plus you like my little sister already and I want you around." Johnny said in a tone that had no room for argument.

"Well I like being around Johnny. If I don't cause major problems I won't be going anywhere." I said with a smile.

"Well dinner should be done. It's nothing special but I'm hoping you like it." Lacey said standing up and motioning for the two of us to follow her into the kitchen/dining room. The table had pots and bowls on it filled with the food and had three table setting. It all looked so delicious.

"It's smells delicious Lace." I said inhaling the scent of delicious food.

"It's not much. It's just steak with a summer pecan salad and a pasta dish." she said with a shrug.

"Sounds absolutely delicious. My mouth is watering already." I said honestly as I sat at the table with Johnny.

"Mine to. You want a beer Ellie? Wait, you are legal right." he asked as he got up from the table and turned back to look at me.

"Yes I am and sure I'd like a beer." I said with a chuckle.

"Alright I'll grab the beers." he said heading into the kitchen.

"Alright you can dig in. I hope you like it." Lacey said as she started dish food onto her plate.

"Here's your beers ladies." Johnny said coming back to the table and handing one to each of us. He took his seat at the table and dished himself some food along with me and Lacey. We dug in and my mouth was in heaven.

"My god Lace this is so good." I moaned is satisfaction as I took a bite of steak.

"Damn babe you did good." Johnny said in agreement as he chowed down on his food. She just smiled at the both of us before turning to look at me.

"So what were you up to today Elliot?" she asked eating a bit of salad.

“Well I did laundry obviously. When that was finished I thought it would be a good idea to look for another job. I was lucky enough to find one at this record store called The Crave. It’s wicked awesome and I like my boss so far. He’s laid back and chill and I love the guy I work with from now on. He’s a major flirt and a goofball but already we’re good friends.” I said smiling.

“You’re not working at the diner anymore?” Johnny asked frowning.

“No I’m still going to work at the diner but until my wrist is healed more I’m pretty much useless there so I figured in the meantime it would be good to have money coming in and at the record store I’m only a cashier. Once my wrist if better I’ll work at both places.” I explained.

“Wait. The Crave? The owner is an older guy named Jake right?” Johnny asked frowning.

“Yes.” I said with a nod.

“Shit. Brian orders a lot of stuff from there. You’ll have another run in with him eventually.”

“Too late. He came in today to pick up guitar strings. He had Michelle with him and she disapproves of me like Gena and Brian do. Only she’s not so rude about it…yet anyway.” I said with a sigh.

“God, that guy needs to leave you alone. You’re not doing anything wrong.” Johnny growled exasperatedly.

“I get where he’s coming from. He’s just trying to look out for his friends. He feels lost and vulnerable without…Jimmy around and now he’s trying harder than ever to look after the friends he has left.” I said in his defense. Not sure why I did it, but I didn’t want his friends to be mad at him. Johnny was frowning and he looked sad when I said Jimmy’s name.

“Ok I understand now why he’s doing it, but you’re not hurting anyone and me, Zack and Lacey care for you. I’m not sure about Matt and Val but even I know Jimmy and Leana would have loved you,” Johnny said.

I smiled big and felt very flattered. To find out that the late great Rev would have loved me was an amazing compliment. “That means a lot.”

“It’s the truth. You’re just that awesome. I kind of wish we would have met you when you first came out here.” Johnny replied as he took a sip of his beer.

“You didn’t need to know me then. Everything happens for a reason so you met me when you were supposed to.” I said with a shrug.

“You really believe that?” Johnny asked raising an eyebrow.

“Honestly? I have no fricken clue what to believe anymore.” I said sighing.

“I hear ya there.” Johnny agreed as he lifted his beer in a cheers gesture, smiling a little I did the same and we took a long sip of cool beer.

We sat and shared stories and laughter for the remainder of the diner. Johnny and Lacey were great people and I felt completely comfortable with them. They were relaxed and were very funny. Johnny teased me like an older brother would and me and Lacey teased Johnny right back. I can honestly say that I was very fortunate to have people like them accept me into their life. We were sitting in the living room just talking and relaxing after an amazing diner. I was going to get up and get Johnny another beer and myself a glass of water when I tripped over my own feet and fell face first in the carpet. I rolled over onto my back killing myself laughing along with Johnny. Lacey rushed over looking concerned.

“Are you ok?” she asked kneeling down beside me.

“I’m fine. I’m just really clumsy.” I said laughing and pulling myself into a sitting position.

“Or you just can’t hold your liquor. I think you’ve had enough.” Johnny laughed as he sat forward on the couch.

“Please. I’m Canadian. I can hold my liquor just fine thank you. Plus I only had one beer and it takes a lot more than that for me to get drunk.” I scoffed sticking my tongue out at him as I stood up with Lacey’s help.

“I keep forgetting your Canadian.” Johnny said as he followed me into the kitchen.

“It’s cause I don’t say eh all the time.” I replied honestly.

“Must be it.” He laughed as he went to the fridge and got another beer for himself and Lacey and handed me a bottle of water. “You sure you don’t want another beer?”

“I have to drive home after this.” I said as I turned down his offer.

He nodded and we walked back to the living room. Just as we were about to sit down ther was a knock on the door. Johnny looked confused and looked at Lacey who shrugged her shoulders showing that she didn’t know who it was either.

“It’s open!” Johnny called to the front door. We heard the door open and close and a few seconds later Brian, Michelle and Gena were standing in Johnny’s living room. Johnny and Lacey looked shocked for a few seconds before getting angry.

“If you’re just here to yell at Ellie and make her feel like a bad person some more than you can just leave.” Lacey demanded as she stood from the couch and came to stand beside me, putting her arm over my shoulder protectively.

“I don’t trust her. I’ve been saying this from the beginning. I don’t want her around. She’s just a selfish person who’s trying to push her way into our lives.” Brian said immediately.

"Oh fuck off Brian. If you would just pull you head out of your ass you would see that she’s nothing like that. Ellie is a good person.” Johnny defended me also putting his arm over my shoulder. I ducked my head and felt bad that lifelong friends were fighting because of me.

“She’s nothing but a home wrecking whore who is trying to steal Zacky away from me. He’s been spending all his time with her lately and he pushes me away. She’s nothing but a bitch. I don’t want her around.” Gena growled a she glared at me.

“Ellie is nothing like that Gena. Just because you’re insecure and you and Zack are having problems does not mean that you can take it out on poor Ellie. She doesn’t deserve that.”

“I am not insecure and Zack and I are not having problems. She is just manipulating him.” She yelled at Lacey.

“You’re going to trust the word of some strange girl over your best friends Johnny?” Michelle accused as she looked at the three of us.

“I should go.” I mumbled quietly as I shrugged Johnny’s and Lacey’s arms off my shoulder. “Thanks for having me over guys, I appreciate it. I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused.” I said grabbing my jacket and putting it on as I headed for the door.

“You’re not going anywhere you whore until you tell the truth and agree to stay away from my boyfriend.” Gena snarled as she grabbed my arm and turned me to face her.

“Let her go Gena. Ellie you don’t have to leave. You’re our guest not them. We want you here.” Johnny said as Lacey came towards me and grabbed my hand.

“I’m causing trouble. I don’t want that. Their your friends, pretty much your family. You’ve known them almost your whole life and you’ve known me five minutes. The choice is simple really. I’m sorry I caused trouble but I won’t anymore. I’m glad I got to spend at least a little bit of time with you all. Bye.” I said sadly as I pulled from both of their grips and walked to the door. They all called my name but only Gena stopped me. She grabbed me forcefully by the arm and turned me around with such force I stumbled once I straightened I looked at her in shock in time to see her hand come flying at my face. My check felt white hot as her hand made contact across it. She let me go so fast I stumbled again. I held my cheek and looked at her shocked.

“Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend you slut!” she growled as she glared down at me.

I lowered my hand and went completely calm. I raised my walls and hid behind my shields. My eyes were empty and flat when I looked back up at her. She looked shocked and took a step back before glaring down at me. My eyes moved past her to see both Brian and Michelle looking shocked. I kept eye contact with Brian for a few second before looking beyond them to Lacey and Johnny who both looked angry and shocked. I gave them a small smile that didn’t reach my eye. “Bye Johnny and Lacey. I’m glad I got to know you a little.” I said before turning and walking out the door and closing it behind me.

I made my way to my car completely ignoring the calls for me to come back. By the time I got to my car and got in I could hear distant yelling coming from the house. I started my car and pulled out of the drive way and made my way home. It was silent in the car and I was holding onto my self-control for dear life. My eyes started to blur and as I stopped for a red light I broke down completely and cried.

How dare she hit me and call me a slut! How dare Brian accuse me of pushing my way into their life. I was not a home wrecker and I did not want to cause trouble. I was a nice person but they made me feel like a dirty no good for nothing slut. I hated them. I have never hated anyone but right now I hated them. I was brought back by a car honking from behind me. The light was green. Hastily whipping away my tears I began to drive. I wasn’t ready to go home and wallow in self-pity so instead I made my way to the beach and decided to watch the sunset. I parked and got out of the car and made my way onto the sand. I walked until I found a deserted spot on the beach and sat staring at the water. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my head on my knees. I began to cry silently and I felt so incredibly alone.
I missed my mom, she always knew what to say to make me feel better and she would be able to help me in this situation, Ethan would have held me and said their not worth the tears. And when that wouldn’t work he would offer to kick their ass which would have made me laugh. I felt angry, hurt, lonely, abused and alone. I wanted nothing more than to be in Ethan’s arms as he held me and kissed me and told me he loved me more that life. My mom would have squeezed me in a very special mom hug that only moms can give and then we would have sat eating junk food, gossiping and watching chick flicks and action movies till I felt better. Ethan and my mom were my best friends and I felt so lost without them.

“I’m not ready to be alone. Why did you have to take them from me?” I choked through my tears as I stared up at the setting sun. “I need them here with me. I can’t do this alone. I need them.” I cried harder into my knees trying very hard not to sob.

I have no idea how long I sat there crying but when I looked up again it was dark. The moon was full, the sky was full of stars and the beach was completely deserted. I was still crying and I felt even angrier then when I sat down on the sand. Now I wasn’t only angry at Brian, Gena and Michelle. I was also angry at the driver who took my mom and Ethan away from me. I was angry at my stepdad for telling me it was my fault. I was angry at Ethan’s sister for blaming me and telling me I wasn’t good enough for Ethan. I was angry at my real dad for committing suicide when I was 14. I was angry that I was alone and everyone I loved left or was taken from me. I stood up and clenched my hands into fists and screamed. I screamed out all my anger and sadness, I screamed out my loneliness, I screamed until it turned to sobs and screamed until my through was too sore to scream anymore. I collapsed onto my knees in the sand and lied my forehead down on the cool sand.

“You’re all so far away. I need you here with me but I have to let you go. There’s so much I didn’t say. I love you all and I will see you again one day.” I said quietly into the sand before I pulled myself and made my way to the car. I drove home and like a zombie I made my way into the building and to my apartment. Once the door was locked and closed behind me I started to strip out of my sandy clothes. I got to my bedroom in nothing but my underwear and set my alarm for 11:30. I worked tomorrow at 1 with Ty and I wanted time to shower and get ready. I collapsed my tired body onto my bed and the moment my head hit the pillow I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Ten! Whoot!
OK I really like this chapter, its got some laughter,a lot of sadness and a lot of drama.
I figured i should make it epic for double didgits.
So Biran's an ass and Gena's a bitch. Poor Ellie always getting picked on.
It seems she finally had enough.
The only reason this is out so fast is becasue everyone who comments and shows love for this story are the ones making me want to update all the time.
This chapter is for all of them <3
Im so glad people love this story and i hope you liked this chapter as much as i did.