Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Twelve

I made the short drive home blasting A7x in the car. Just because I was mad at Brian didn’t mean I was going to deny myself the pleasure of listening to the greatest band in the world. They couldn’t help it that their guitar player was a dick. I was signing along to Dear God when I pulled into the apartment buildings parking lot. I turned off my car, got out and closed the door behind me. I was amazed with the colors in the sky. The sun was setting and the sky was full of purples, pinks and oranges. It looked beautiful. I sat on the hood of my car and leaned back against the windshield setting my purse beside me. It was starting to get cool, it had the makings of a really good night.

I was sitting there for a while when I heard a car pull up beside me. It shut off and Ty got out of the car with a back pack in his hands. “What are you doing?” he asked closing his car door and coming to stand by my car.

“Watching the sky. It looks beautiful.” I answered.

“You can see it better from the beach.” He said looking up at the sky with me.

“I know. Ready to go in?” I asked climbing off my car and grabbing my purse. He nodded and followed me into the lobby. We got in the elevator and waited.

“Lucky. My apartment building doesn’t have an elevator.” Ty grumbled with a small pout.

“Aww muffin.” I teased with a laugh.

“Muffin? Sorry but I don’t have one of those, you do.” He responded with a cocky grin.

“You pervert.” I scoffed as I walked out the elevator backwards so I was still facing him. “Can you even go a whole day without saying any sexual innuendoes?”

“I probably could, but what would be the fun in that. I like seeing you blush when I say something sexual towards you.” he teased smirking at my embarrassment.

“Your just mean that’s why. Don’t even know why I like hanging out with you.” I huffed playfully.

“It’s cause your attracted to me.” He smirked before glancing over my shoulder and looking back at me. “There’s a confused and shocked looking rhythm guitarist standing in front of what I’m guessing is your front door.” He informed.

I was so shocked I stumbled over my own feet and fell backwards. I closed my eyes expecting impact and instead I felt arms around me, holding me up. I peeked open one eye and saw Ty looking at me with a raised eyebrow. “Dude, I totally saw my life flash before my eyes.”

“You’re a dork Ellie.” He laughed smiling down at me.

“You can let me up now.” I mused as I stared into his blue eyes.

“I quite like it like this though.” He smirked playfully, leaning closer to my face.

“Let me up Tylan.” I said very seriously.

“Sure thing Love.” He replied lifting me till I was standing on my own two feet. I straightened out my clothes before turning around to find Zack standing by my door. From the look on his face I’m betting he heard our entire conversation.

“You avoided me this morning Ellie. I know you heard me knocking on your door and I know you got Joe to invite me in so you sneak past.” He said slightly hurt.

“It’s for the best Zack. I told you from the beginning I’d only stick around if I wasn’t causing trouble, but since the incident last night I know it’s the right thing.” I said moving past him so I could unlock my door. I opened it and walked in knowing the two of them would fallow. I took off my coat and dropped my bag on the bench. “Make yourself at home Ty.” I said hanging up my coat.

“What incident last night? Ellie look at me.” Zack demanded as I kept looking away from him.

My eyes snapped back to him to see him staring at me with a confused expression on his face. Ty stood behind him for a few seconds before moving around him and coming to stand with me in the living room. Zack’s eyes followed him before looking back at me and frowning at me.

“You’re moving on quickly.” He stated with a small scoff.

I sighed and shook my head feeling slightly angry. “Ty’s just a friend, even though it’s none of your business if I were to move on or not.”

“It didn’t look or sound like you were just friends.” He stated staring at me.

“It doesn’t look or sound like were just friends to your girlfriend and Brian but that’s all we are right.” I said with a humorless smile on my lips.

He looked shocked at my response before frowning. “What incident were you talking about?” he asked staring at me.

“Uh. She didn’t tell you. Figures. If you want to know what happened phone and ask Johnny. He’ll tell you the truth.” I said scoffing at the fact that Gena kept it from him. I turned away and took off my fedora and pulled my curly hair up into a messy bun.

“I want to hear it from you.” he retorted as he grabbed my arm and gently turned me to face him. “Please Ellie just talk to me.” He pleaded as he stepped forward and leant his forehead on mine, both of his hands on my upper arms holding me in place.

“Zack. Go home.” I said breathlessly, fighting very hard not to give in to his touch and hug him and ask him to stay. “Talk to Johnny, he’ll tell you what happened. You need to leave Zack.” I said leaning my face close to his and kissing his cheek before stepping out of his reach.

“I told you I wasn’t willing to let you go. I still stand by that.” He argued.

“Go home Zack. Go home to your girlfriend and your friends. I don’t want you here.” I said trying very hard not to have my voice break on the lie of not wanting him here.

“You’re lying.” He challenged.

“Go home.” I said forcefully as I turned my back on him, and let a few tears fall.

It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard him sigh. “I’m not giving up on you Elliot Yale Winslow. I care far too much to just let you walk out of my life.” With that he turned and left my apartment.

It was quiet for a while as I tried to calm down and stop the tears that were falling. It shouldn’t de so hard to push someone you barely know away. I stood with my hands over my face and managed to calm down. When I straightened up I swiped my hands under my eyes and wiped away the tears. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara.

“And here I thought I had it bad when it came to you.” Ty commented with a low whistle.

“What are you talking about?” I asked confused as I turned to stare at him.

“Oh come one. You really don’t see it?” he asked shocked.

“See what?”

“Zack likes you, as in more than a friend. He wants you bad.” He stated shaking his head and smirking a little. “I’m surprised he didn’t kiss you when he held you like that.”

“You’re crazy. He cares for me a as friend, nothing more.” I said shaking my head and taking off my boots and kicking them to my doorway.

“Oh he cares for you more alright. If he didn’t he wouldn’t be so broken up about you telling him to leave or so upset that I’m here. He wants you all to himself and he doesn’t like that fact that we flirt and are close. He’s jealous that I’m here and he isn’t.” he stated as he stared over at me as I took off my fingerless gloves.

“There’s nothing between us or between me and Zack so there should be no issue. Both of you are just friends.” I said forcefully as I took off my suspenders and my belt.

“You can lie to yourself all you want but I know how you feel about me. You may not realize you have those feelings for Zack yet but they’re there alright.” He retorted walking towards me.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about. I may find you attractive and I may flirt but that doesn’t mean I’m ever going to act on them. You’re just a friend. You agreed to just be my friend so stop pushing this matter.” I said heatedly as I took off my vest and placed it all on the armchair.

“Then please stop undressing in front of me.” He said huskily from behind me. Instantly I froze feeling shocked at the sound of his voice. Slowly I turned to see him staring at me, his eyes a darker shade of blue than before.

“I’m still fully clothed.” I said gesturing to my tank top and jeans.

“I’m a guy. You took off your vest and your white tank top is sort of see through so I can see your purple bra and those jeans look amazing on your legs and ass. I’m sorry but I’m just a guy who finds you amazingly attractive.” he explained as he took a few steps back and shrugged sheepishly.

“Behave yourself or I will kick you out.” I threatened as I hit him with a couch pillow.

“I can behave myself. I flirt and I act all aggressive but really I respect you enough to be patient. I won’t do anything unless it’s what you want. Like I said I’m just your friends right now. I’ll be on my best behavior.” He said placing his on his heart and shooting me a boyish grin.

I narrowed my eyes at him before shaking my head and smiling. “I’m going to put on pjs. Make your self comfortable.” I said turning around and walking to my room. I closed my door behind me and rummaged in the pile of clothes on my bed for pajamas. I found an oversized Vengeance University shirt and slipped it on along with a pair of short. I went to the bathroom and washed the make up off my face before going to the hall closet and grabbing some blankets and a pillow for Ty.

“Here’s some blankets and a pillow.” I said placing them on the coffee table.

“Seriously? A VU shirt?” he asked skeptically as he saw my pajama shirt.

“So what. It’s comfortable.” I said in my defense as I made him a bed on the couch.

“Hmmhmm.” He said as he sat on the couch and pulled on my arm till I was sitting beside him. “Thanks for letting me crash here for the night Ell. I really appreciate it. If I had to of stayed home I would have killed my roommate.” He said chuckling.

“No worries. It’s what friends are for.” I said with a shrug as I brought my knees up to my chest. “I’m starving. Want anything to eat?” I asked as I got up and headed to the kitchen.

“Dear god yes. I’m so hungry I could eat an antelope.” He exclaimed following me in.

“Sorry were fresh out.” I said as I rummaged in the fridge.

“Any wildabeast?” he asked playfully.

“Sorry Simba, but there isn’t much here. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow.” I sighed closing the fridge and searching in the cupboard. “How bout some KD?” I asked taking out the box and shaking it.

“I would love some. And it’s white cheddar Kraft dinner. My favorite.”

“Mine to.” I said taking out a pot, filling it with water and setting it on to boil.

“Need help grocery shopping tomorrow? With your wrist in a cast it’ll be difficult to carry all your bags.” He offered as he gestured to my cast

“Sure, I’d love the help if you don’t mind tagging along.” I said stirring in the noodles.

“I wouldn’t have offered if I didn’t want to help.” He commented nudging my shoulder with his hand. I just stuck my tongue out at him as I stirred the noodles. We talked and poked fun at each other till the Kraft diner was done. I poured in into two bowl and we went and sat on the couch to watch some TV and eat.

“Whoo. Reruns of The Walking Dead. So awesome.” I said keeping on the channel and digging into my food.

“You like this show?” Ty asked as he ate beside me, his feet up on the coffee table.

“Yeah. It’s an awesome show. I love it.” I said as I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my bowl on them as I ate.

“Its about Zombies.” He scoffed from beside me.

“Yeah that’s what makes it awesome. I love Zombies. Now hush.” I said as a way of explanation.

“You just probably like one of the male characters. Though so far I don’t see anyone worth liking.” He said as he stared at the tv screen.

“Actually your right, that’s part of the reason I like the show. I like Daryl. He’s kinda hot for a redneck.” I said shrugging and laughing at Ty’s expression.

“You’re a weird girl Elliot.” He said with a mock sigh.

“This is true.” I said in agreement with a cheeky smile. We sat and watched the show as we ate all the while Ty was making fun of it. Once we were done eating and the episode was over Ty was hooked.

“Ok I have to admit, it’s an awesome show.” He said as we placed our bowls in the sink.

“I told you.” I said laughing as we walked back to the living room. “Alright I’m tired and I’m gonna go to bed. We’ll leave here by 10 to do some grocery shopping?” I asked looking up at him.

“Sound good to me. Night love.” He said pulling me into a quick hug.

“Night Ty.” I said as he let me go. I went to my room, set my alarm for 9 and crawled into my bed and cuddled under my covers. Almost instantly I was asleep.

I awoke at 9 with the sound of my alarm clock to hear Ty groan in the living room. “Shut it off. It’s the most annoying sound in the world.” He grumbled from the couch.

“Alright alright. Keep your boxers on.” I huffed shutting it off and grabbing some clothes and a towel and heading into the washroom. I took a quick shower and got out. I dried off and dressed in black skinnies and a red and black plaid shirt with half sleeves. I walked back into my room and found some socks and braided my hair into pigtails as I walked in the living room. Ty was already awake and dressed and had folded his blankets and placed them at the end of the couch.

“Bathrooms all yours if you need it.” I said as I tied the pigtails.

“Kay.” He said as he grabbed his backpack and headed to the bathroom. He was in there a few minutes before he opened the door and I could see him brushing his teeth. I walked in and grabbed my tooth brush and started to brush. It was completely quiet and we awkwardly stole glances at each other as we brushed. I was trying really hard not to laugh as we brushed and I could see him trying not to as well. I spit out the tooth paste and rinsed my brush as he did the same. We looked at each other and started to laugh as we walked back to the living room.

“All I could think of when we’re brushing our teeth was that Bring It On movie were there doing that as well. So weird.” I said laughing as I slipped on red chucks.

“At least I wasn’t the only one to think of the chick flick movie.” Ty said laughing as he slipped into his chucks and put on his sweater.

“Great minds think alike.” I said laughing and slipping into my leather jacket and opening the door. “Oh! Val?” I said shocked and confused to see the pretty blonde on the other side of my door.

“Elliot. Hi. I got your address from Johnny. I was hoping I could talk to you.” he said as she stood on the other side of the door.

“Uh sure. Come on in.” I said confused as to what she wanted. I moved away from the door and she walked in. As I closed the door I looked at Ty who was just a confused as I was. We shrugged and turned to face Val who was standing in the middle of my living room. “Are you also here to tell me to stay away from everyone?”

“No actually I’m here to apologize for how they treated you. I listened to what Johnny and Lacey thought of you and they both love you like a little sister. I talked to Matt and he only had good things to say about the time you two talked on the sidewalk. I also talked to Zack. He truly cares for you and it hurts him that you’re pushing him away. He’s happier when he’s with you than he has been in a long time. You got him to smile and laugh again. I am doing that for Matt, Michelle is doing that for Brian, and Lacey is doing that for Johnny. Gena isn’t there for Zack, you are. Gena feels threatened by you. Her and Zack have been falling apart even before Jimmy’s passing and I honestly believe the only reason he’s keeping her around is because he doesn’t want to be alone. He cares for you, and from what everyone has been saying you care for him to. Matt, Johnny, Lacey and I accept you just as you are because Zack does. Brian is just worried about losing another friend. He said he has nothing against you as a person he just doesn’t like the fact that you came out of nowhere and have Zack hooked as he said. He doesn’t mean to be an asshole to you but he’s just looking out for his friend, his brother. Michelle acted the way she did because she trusted Brian’s judgment, but when Lacey and Johnny told her what was going on she asked them to pass on an apology from her to you. She’s fine with you being around as long as that’s what Zack wants. The only problems you face now are Gena and Brian. Brian will come around once he sees how good you are for Zack. Gena, well she will never accept you but the rest of us do so she will just have to deal with it. We’re having a barbeque at our house the day after tomorrow. It’s just family and close friends. I would like for you to come. The invitation is also extended to your friend Joe and her son Sam. Johnny and Zack really like him. I hope you’ll come. Here’s our address and the time of the barbeque. I hope I see you there.” Val said handing me a piece of paper.

I took it shocked and floored by what she said and more than a little flattered. “Th-thank you.” I stuttered.

“You’re welcome. See you there Elliot.” She said with a smile, giving my hands a squeeze before walking out of my apartment and closing the door behind her.

“Wow.” Ty whistled.

“No kidding.” I said breathlessly looking at the paper in my hand.

“ M. Shadows has a hot wife.” Ty mused as he looked away from the door and to me.

“Seriously? From that whole big speech all you could focus on was the fact that Val is hot.” I scoffed shaking my head and heading out of my apartment, purse in hand.

“No. I heard what she said but it meant more to you than me so I could afford to focus on her instead of what she said.” Ty said following me out of the apartment and closing the door behind him. I locked and we got in the elevator.

“I can’t believe it. My life used to be so simple and now it’s completely hectic and complicated.” I said sighing as we rode to the lobby in the elevator.

“Your life may be hectic, but you’re friends with members of Avenged Fucking sevenfold. I’d say you’re pretty damn lucky.” Ty said as we left the building and got in my car.

“OK I might be a little lucky,” I said getting in the car. Ty shot me a pointed looked as I started the car and backed out of the parking lot. “Ok a lot lucky but my life is still complicated.”

“So simplify it. Tell Gena to shove it at the barbeque, tell Brian to suck it up and enjoy the company of the ones that are your friends. You deserve that much.”

“I don’t know if I’m going to go.” I said honestly.

“For the love of Christ. You’re going to that damn barbeque and you are going to have a great fricken time.” Ty said forcefully as he pinned me with an intense stare.

“Ok sheesh. I’ll go.” I caved under his gaze.

“Good. Now drive woman.” He said as the light turned green.

I scoffed and drove till we came to a grocery store. We parked and went inside and got a cart. Ty being the goofball that he is got in the cart and made me push him. I laughed and did just that, putting the things I needed in his lap.

“If you put tampons in here I am so jumping out.” Ty commented as we went down the personal hygiene isle and picked up shampoo and conditioner.

“Ugh. You’re such a guy. I’m sure you bought them for your girlfriend once upon a time.” I commented as I placed some razors in the cart.

“Yeah. But she was my girlfriend, and I knew that once her time of the month was over we would have hot animalistic sex.” Ty answered a little loudly causing an older woman to look at us weirdly.

“Well you won’t be getting that with me, so you might as well hop out of the cart now.” I said throwing a box of tampons in the cart.

“I would…but I’m kind of stuck.” He said honestly looking back at me. I just laughed and affectionately pulled on his hair before kissing him on the forehead.

“Then you shouldn’t have got in the cart.” I said as we moved on to the food isles.

“Well I thought I could fit better. I didn’t think my legs were this long. He said as he tried to wiggle around so he had more room.

“My god your suck a dork.” I laughed as I put various food items in my cart.

“But I’m your dork.” He said with a boyish grin that made him look very cute.

“If you say so.” I said nonchalantly with a shrug.

“I know so.” He said in a sing song voice.

I just laughed and we continued to get everything I would need. When we were done I pushed the cart to the front and started to unload on the groceries at a register. The people in the store were looking at us weirdly as Ty was still sitting in the art.

“Oh thank god. Don’t ever let me do that again.” Ty said as he climbed out of the cart and stretched his legs.

“You’re the moron who thought you could fit.” I said shaking my head and paying for my groceries.

“Don’t be so hard with your words Love.” Ty said in mock hurt as he took most of the bags and left me with one. I just rolled my eyes and laughed as we walked to the car and placed them in my trunk. Once they were in we drove back to my apartment blasting the radio and singing along with the songs we knew. We parked grabbed the groceries and made my way back up to my apartment, all the while still singing along to the last song we hear on the radio. We got up to apartment laughing and making fun of each other. I unlocked my door and we carried the groceries and set them on the table. I turned my stereo on and Avenged started to play from the speakers. I shrugged and sang along with Brompton Cocktail.

“This has to be one of my favorites by them.” Ty commented as we started to unload the groceries.

“It’s a good one for sure. My favourite is either M.I.A or Critical Aclaim.” I said putting my groceries away.

“I like Critical Aclaim. Jimmy’s vocals in there are sick.”

“Same with A Little Piece of Heaven. He sounds amazing in that song. That one is also an all-time favorite.”

“No kidding. I wonder what they’re going to do now. If they’re just going to quit or continue with a different drummer.” Ty mused putting the bags in the garbage.

“I don’t know. I hope they don’t quit. There the greatest band there is, but I’d understand if they did. I mean no one can replace The Rev.” I commented putting the last of the groceries away in the fridge just as my apartment door opened and Joe walked in. She stopped in the kitchen hands on her hips and gave me a very stern mom look. “Hey Joe.” I said cautiously.

“Don’t hey Joe me Elliot. You better start explaining what happened yesterday morning.” She said sternly.

“I needed you to distract Zack so I could sneak off to work because I didn’t want to see him.” I explained meekly.

“Why didn’t you want to see him?” she asked with narrowed eyes.

“Because his psychotic girlfriend hit me across the face at Johnny’s last night and I didn’t want him seeing the bruise.” I said angrily as I thought of wringing Gena’s neck. Now I’m not usually and angry or violent person but for her id make an exception.

“Why did she hit you?” she asked shocked as she dropped her arms to her sides.

“Because she thinks I’m trying to steal Zack from her. She called me a slut and a home wrecking whore.” I explained.

“That’s it. Where does Zack live? I’m going to go kick his girlfriend’s ass. No one touches my friends and gets away with it.” Joe said angrily.

“Remind me to never piss her off.” Ty commented with a whistles from his spot behind me. Upon hearing his voice Joe looked up at him confused.

“Who’s he?”

“This is Tylan. I work with him and the record store. Ty this is Joe.” I explained and introduced them.

“Hello.” Ty said with a charming smile.

“Hi. Yup I’m officially jealous. He may be young but he’s cute. You manage to catch the attention of some very good looking men without even trying. Lucky bitch.” Joe smirked while shaking her head. “Alright I have to get to work. Stay out of trouble. Later Ellie.” She said as she turned and left my apartment, closing the door behind her.

“I like her.” Ty smirked at me as I turned to face him.

“You’re only saying that because she called you good looking. She has a five year old son you perv.” I said scoffing at him.

“Then she is most definitely a MILF.” he said smirking at my expression.

“Your gross.” I said as I toasted a bagel and poured myself some juice. “Help yourself to breakfast.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Ty said taking out a bowl and some cereal and fixing himself a bowl. As he sat and ate his cereal I made my bagel and smeared it with cream cheese. Once it was done I sat with him at my table.

“I hardly ever sit at my table.” I said biting my bagel.

“I never sit at mine. It’s mostly just for show, or storing things on.” Ty said before he took a bite of cereal.

“That’s what mines for to.” I said as we ate. We finished are food and cleaned up our small mess. “Off to work?” I asked turning to him.

“Yes ma’am.” He said grabbing his bag and following me out the door. I locked it after us and walked to the elevator. “Come along short stack.” He said flinging his arm over my shoulders and leading me inside.

“I am not short I am fun sized you giant.” I huffed in annoyance.

“You are fun sized, I just like bugging you.” he said in agreement as the doors opened and we got off at the lobby.

“Well I’m not too fond of it.” I said shrugging off his arm and walking out the door in front of him.

“You are so. See you at work love.” He said lifting his foot and kicking me on the butt as he walked by.

“Hey!” I yelled indignantly after him as he just laughed and climbed into his car, starting it and pulling out of the parking lot. I scoffed and got into my car, starting it and following him to work. Please let today just be a simple normal, no drama filled day, I prayed as I drove. If only I should be so lucky.