Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Sixteen

“I guess cross-dressing pigs do fly and become presidents.” I mused as I huddled in the blanket trying to get warm. I was sitting on a bench squished between Zacky and Brian who each had an arm over my shoulders to give me extra body heat. I was dried and dressed and huddled in a blanket but I was still shivering. I guess it was from the shock of being thrown into a pool by a psychotic bitch.

“Didn’t you hear? Thomas Oinkten just got elected.” Brian said with a chuckle as he squeezed my shoulders.

I snorted out a laugh as Joe stood up with a sleeping Sam in her arms. It was getting dark now and after the pool incident everyone just relaxed. All the parents left after making sure I was ok and giving Sammy kisses and affection. He loved the attention and it helped him calm down. Soon after he fell asleep on Joe and now it’s just the Avenged guys and their significant others and me Joe and Sam.

“I think we should head home Hun. I need to put my little man to bed. He’s got daycare in the morning.” Joe said shifting Sam in her arms. He was getting too big to carry.

“Sounds good. I have work in the morning anyway.” I said standing up out of their arms and leaving the blanket on the bench. Once the air touched my bear arms I shivered harder till I felt a warm sweater being placed over me. I turned to see Zack draping his hoody over my shoulders.

“Wear it. You’re cold. I’ll just come get it from you tomorrow.” He said with a small smile as he helped me into it and zipped it up for me.

“Ok. Thank you Zack. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said holding him tight in a hug and burying my head in the crook of his neck. His arms wrapped around me and held me close in a comforting hug. I was definitely addicted to Zacky’s hugs.

“No problem Ell. See you tomorrow.” He murmured as he pulled out of the hug and kissed my cheek lightly before letting me go.

I quickly made my rounds and hugged everyone and thanked them for inviting the three of us over. They all waved it away and said we were welcome anytime. I stopped in front of Brian and looked at him with a question in my eyes. He just smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Night Sweetheart. I’m glad you’re safe.” He murmured quietly in my ear before kissing the skin in front of it lightly.

“Thanks to you and Z. Night Brian.” I murmured back before pulling out of the hug and calling out a last goodbye as I followed Joe to my car. I got in as she placed Sammy in the back, buckling him up before she got in the front with me. I started the car and turned the radio down low and made the drive home.

“You ok Ellie?” Joe asked quietly as she stared out the window.

“I’m fine Joe, honest. I’m just a little shook up but it’s nothing some sleep won’t fix. They guys saved me and now every things ok. I’m just really tired.” I said stifling a yawn as I stopped at a red light.

“I’ve never seen anyone move that fast in my life. Brian just dived in so fast with Zack right behind him. Everyone was so worried. They all love you as much as me and Sammy do.” She smiled lightly at me as I pulled onto the street of the apartment building.

“There good people. I’m glad I got to know them and that they have accepted me.” I said smiling happily as I parked my car and shut it off, letting the evening silence fill the car.

“Zacky really cares for you.” she stated looking over at me.

“Joe.” I warned.

“He does Ell, and it’s more than just a friend how he looks at you. Neither of you will admit it but we all see it.”

“It doesn’t matter if there are those feelings. He has a girlfriend and I just lost my fiancé. Neither one of us are ready to be in a relationship with someone else. I like Zack, a lot but as my friend.” I said keeping eye contact with her until she nodded lightly, willing to drop the subject. I nodded once and opened my door and slid out of it before closing the door behind me. I waited for Joe as she got Sam from the back seat. Once she had him in her arms we walked into the building at took the elevator to our floor. At our doors we said our goodnights before going into our respective apartments. Once the door was closed and locked behind me I made my way to my room and stripped out of my cloths, putting on clean underwear and a large A7X shirt. I turned off all the lights and climbed into my covers. I sighed happily before quickly falling asleep with Zack’s sent still in my nose.

Over the next few days, things were almost perfect. I spent my days with Brian, Zack or Ty. I spent time with the others but that’s who I saw most often. I loved spending time with the guys and their girls. They were a lot of fun and they helped me get over my sadness. Of course I was still sad and so were they but they knew that slowly things were getting better. I spent a lot of time with Brian and he really was becoming my best friend. There was so much of him that reminded me of Ethan. They both played at being assholes but secretly had a heart of gold and would do anything for those they loved. He knew how to make me laugh and love life. Brian and I pulled all-nighters all the time talking about our lives. We shared so much with each other that it felt like we have known each other our whole lives. The age difference didn’t bother us; we just affectionately picked on each other. Not all was going so well though. Ty was making his feelings more prominent for me. He was always kissing my check and giving me hugs, and while I liked Ty I wasn’t ready for any of that. I just wanted a friend. And poor Zack was going through hell with Gena. Every time I saw him he was angry and after spending some time with me he would calm down and actually smile and laugh. It hurt me to see Zacky so miserable but I didn’t know what to do.

It had been about a week since the barbeque and I had the weekend off and I was currently dancing around my apartment. I had the music up loud and I was dancing and singing into a wooden spoon and I stirred the spaghetti noodles on the stove. I was completely oblivious to the fact that my door opened and some people were standing in my kitchen behind me. I was dancing around and shaking my hips as I stirred the sauce and tasted it. I didn’t hear the amused snickers or the camera click on, I was too busy belting out the lyrics to Heat Of the Moment by Asia. I was in the middle of belting out the lyrics to the chorus when I turned around and screamed to see Zacky and Brian standing behind me, both with their phones in their hands as they recorded me dancing and singing.

“You guys are assholes. Delete those videos.” I said trying to glare at them but it didn’t work to well as I kept smiling.

“No I think we might keep theses for future black mail purposes.” Brian said snickering as he stuffed his phone back in his pocket. “Sweetheart.” He said as he pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head.

I smiled and hugged him back before throwing my arms around Zack’s middle and squeezing him tight before letting go and going back to the stove to check on my food. “How come you guys are here?” I asked turning down the stereo and getting ready to drain the spaghetti noodles.

“Bored. Didn’t want to be in my home alone and I asked Brian what he was doing and he said he was going to come see you so I came along.” Zack said with a shrug as he sat himself on the counter beside me.

“Why would you have been alone?” I asked as I drained the noodles then put them back in the pot, tacking it off the element and putting the lid on so the noodles stayed hot.

“I broke up with Gena. She’s packing up all her stuff and leaving today. I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t be with someone I no longer loved, someone who no longer cared. All we did was fight and neither of us was happy. After the way she treated you and everything she said I couldn’t forgive her. I tried but she’s not the women I fell in love with anymore.” Zack explained with a sigh and a shrug.

I went to him and stood between his legs and wrapped my arms around his waist and held him tight, my head nuzzled in his chest. “I’m sorry Z. You deserve someone better. Someone who will love you for everything you are.” I said as he buried is face in the crook of my neck, his breath and cool lip rings tickling my skin.

“Thanks Ell.” He murmured squeezing me once before letting me go. I smiled up at him before kissing his cheek then moved back to the stove. I turned off the sauce and took it off the element. I moved to the cupboard and grabbed three bowls and got three forks from the drawer. I placed them on the counter and dished out portions before handing them to the guys. We all sat at my table and dug into the food.

“So what have you been up to lately Bri?” I asked after finishing a bite of food.

“I’ve been working on a song actually. For Jimmy. It’s tough but it’s helping.” He said with a small sigh before flashing me a small smile.

“I’m sure it’s perfect. Does that mean you guys are going to continue with the band?” I asked quietly.

“We want to yeah. It’s going to be difficult, but Jimmy would have wanted us too. We started working on another album before he died and we’re just going to continue with it. Jimmy laid out a lot of the ground work for it so we just have to continue it. It won’t be for a while but this album is for him.” Brian answered.

“Your fans will be happy to hear that. They all felt it when he left this world but he’s still here, watching over you guys and teaching the big man upstairs wicked drum skills.” I said with a small smile causing Zack and Brian to chuckle.

“Knowing him he’s been causing havoc for everyone but he’d be the life of the party.” Zack said with a chuckle.

“He would be too. Jimmy jumped into life with both feet and never hit bottom. He was the life to every gathering and he made everyone laugh and love him. He demanded affection and he’d treat you like you were the only person in the room. It didn’t matter if it had only been a day since the last time he saw you, he’d still greet you with a hug like it’s been ages. You just had to love Jimmy. You couldn’t help it.” Brian said with a laugh and a sad smile.

“He sounds like an amazing person. You guys obviously loved him so much.”

“Jimmy was the greatest person we knew. He’s our best friend and brother and things aren’t the same without him here with us. But for him we will continue to do what we all love. It’s all for Jimmy from here on out.” Zack said, running his hands through his dark hair.

“He would have done the same for you guys I’m sure.” I said with a sad smile.

“He would have. Jimmy loved with everything he was. And anyone who met him loved him just as much.” Brian smiled as he ate, his eyes shining with a happy memory.

We sat and ate our food sharing stories of our lives. I especially loved the stories of Jimmy as he was a man many people looked up to, myself included. Once we were finished and the kitchen was cleaned up, we went to my small living room and decided to play rockband. Now I am not sure why I agreed seeing as I was getting my ass handed to me by two very skilled guitarists, but they though it was fun. Jerks. I was in the middle of versing Brian when there was a knock on my door. I was about to pause it when Brian yelled for Zack to get it. His excuse for not letting me pause the game was that he was having too much beating me. Real nice guy. Zack answered the door and when he came back he had Ty with him.

“Ty? What are you doing here?” I asked surprised before I glared playfully at Brian when he beat me. Brian just smirked and threw an arm around my shoulder before giving me a small nuggy.

“I wanted to come see you.” he said with a shrug as he pulled me from Brian’s arms and into a hug before placing a small kiss on the corner of my lips. I pulled away and frowned at him and could see both Brian and Zack glaring at him from the corner of my eye. “What are you frowning at me for?”

“You kissed me. You told me you would be just my friend nothing more but your pushing for more than I’m willing to give Tylan.” I said as I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up into his blue eyes.

“Sorry Ellie. I don’t mean to push and I’m sorry it comes across that way, but I find it difficult to be just your friend. You know how I feel about you and I know you have feelings for me too. Can’t we at least try?” He asked as he shrugged his shoulders before rubbing a hand on the back of his neck.

“I do like you Ty and I am attracted to you but I don’t want to be more than friends with you. Not now. I’m still in love with Ethan and I always will be. I’m not ready to move on. I need you to understand that. To be ok with that and not push for more, otherwise we can’t even be friends.” I said with a sigh.

“So you’re going to push me away?” Ty asked, his blue eyes reflecting his hurt.

“You’re not giving me much of a choice. You want something from me I’m not ready to give. I like you as a friend more than as a love interest. If that’s all you want you won’t get it from me. I’m not ready to be with another man. I’m sorry but if that’s all you want from me then I have no choice to push you away.” I said sadly, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

It was quiet for a awhile as Ty stared down at me, his blue eyes showing his hurt and anger. He sighed before walking to the door. “See you at work Elliot.” He sighed before leaving my apartment and slamming the door behind him. I sighed sadly before rubbing my face with my hand.

“Guys a dick.” Brian commented as he pulled me into a hug, causing me to snort out a laugh.

“That’s what he said about you.” I said putting my arm around his waist and burrowing into his chest. He tightened his arms around me in a tight hug.

“Why?” He asked confused. “When?”

“The day I started at the record store and you came in. You were being a dick and after you left Ty asked what was going on so I told him and he called you a dick. He still doesn’t like you. He thinks I shouldn’t have forgiven you for your assholeish behavior.” I said as I clung to him.

“What a dick. I apologized and I knew what I did was wrong. I was just trying to protect my friends. I’m glad you forgave me because now I have an amazingly awesome new best friend…You did forgive me right?” he asked a little unsure.

“Of course I did. You’re like the best friend and big brother I never had all in one. I’m glad we’re friends.” I said with a genuine laugh as I squeezed him once before pulling out of the hug. He smiled down at me as he let me go and kissed me lightly on the forehead before going to sit on the couch.

“It’s a little surreal actually.” I said lightly as I laid on my living room floor, starfish style.

“What is?” Zack asked from his position on the couch.

“I’m friends with Avenged Sevenfold. A band I have idolized since I heard Beast And The Harlot. It fricken amazingly awesome completely mind-blowingly wicked.” I said with a big smile causing the guys to chuckle.

“Come on Sweetheart.” Brian said standing up from the couch and coming to drag me to my feet. “We’re going out.”

“Where?” I asked straightening out my long sleeved shirt and jeans.

“It’s a surprise.” Brian said with a smirk as he dragged me to my door and handed me my leather jacket and boots. I put them on and followed the two men out of my apartment, both smirking at me with mischievous looks in their eyes.

“Should I be worried?” I asked skeptically as I locked my door and followed them to the elevator.

“Only a little.” Zack smirked before putting an arm around my shoulders and leading me into the elevator.

“Why do I get the feeling that today is going to be chaotic?” I asked as the doors closed.

“Because you’re a member of the Avenged family now Sweetheart. Chaos is part of the package.” Brian said as he snaked his arm around my waist.

“Bring it on.” I said with a small smirk of my own as I looked between the two men.

‘That’s the spirit Babe.” Zack said with a chuckle.

I smiled and felt excited for the day and completely ignored the way the word Babe made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy coming from Zack’s mouth
♠ ♠ ♠
So a pretty lame chapter in my opinion but it's a set up for the next one mostly.
Hope you enjoyed it and I hope it will tide you over until the next one.
Sorry i havent updated in ages but i got really sick for two weeks straight and my homeowrk load was unbelievable.
I hope to have a little more time to update in the next few weeks.
Let me know what you think.