Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Seventeen

“Guys is this really necessary?” I whined from the back seat of Brian’s vehicle, the blindfold itching my eyes.

“Yes it is. Now put the earphones in and turn it up loud.” Zacky stated putting an iPod in my hands. I fumbled with it and grumbled about being blind and kidnapped while I put the head phones in. I could hear them chuckling and I had a sneaky idea. I decided not to put the iPod on so that I could possibly listen to what they would talk about and see if they said anything about where we were going. Sure I felt a little bad about eavesdropping but I really wanted to know where they were taking me.

“ Ellie? Ellie?! Ellie!” Brian asked, his voice getting louder each time. I tried no to laugh and instead bobbed my head to no existent music. “Good. I’m stoked about today. She’ll love it….I hope.” Brian said with nervousness in his tone.

“I’m sure she will. It’ll be a day to remember.” Zack murmured lightly. It was quiet in the car before Brian spoke again.

“I saw your face when Ell said she wasn’t ready to move on. You looked sad and relieved at the same time. Why?” he asked quietly.

Zack sighed heavily before answering. “I was relieved because I don’t like that Ty guy. He’s not good enough for Ellie. Hell I don’t think anyone is. She’s perfect. She’s- I don’t know it’s hard to explain. I care for her a lot. More than I should and that terrifies me. She’s still hurting over Ethan and she’s not ready to move on but everyday my feelings for her get stronger and I have no idea what to do about it. I care for her a lot but I ignore my feelings so I can be the friend she needs, but sometimes it’s too much and all I want to do is take her in my arms and kiss her with everything I have in me. But she’s said over and over again that I’m a friend, while I’m happy about that it hurts a little. I don’t know what to do about it Brian. I have no idea what to do.” Zack said with a loaded sigh.

I was shocked beyond words. My heart was beating a million beats per minute and I felt like hyperventilating. Zacky liked me! He really actually liked me. Me. A nobody. A small town girl who lost everything. How could he possibly have feelings for me. Hell what do I do now?! I had no idea how I felt about him. I mean I loved his hugs and every time I saw him I smiled and my stomach would go crazy with butterflies but I just thought that was because he was my friend and I loved spending time with him. Was Joe right? Did I really like him as more than a friend? if I was being completely honest with myself I did like Zack as more than a friend, but I felt like I was betraying Ethan by liking Zack and that hurt me. I know Ethan would want me to move on and fall in love again but it felt way too soon. But I couldn’t deny it any longer; I did like Zack as more than a friend. Now that I know how in the hell do I act around him. I’m going to be blushing and awkward and he really will know some things up. For now I’m going to pretend like I didn’t hear anything. Like that’s a wonderful idea, I though sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

“I’ve know how you felt about her from the beginning man. I seen it as soon as I saw you interact with her, the way you looked at her and how affectionate you were with her. That’s why I was so against it. I didn’t think she felt the same and you were dating Gena. But the more you spoke of her and the more I talked to her and now that were such good friends I know she feels the same way about you. She doesn’t want to right now because she lost Ethan. She feels like she would be betraying him so that’s why she draws the friends’ line. She feels like it’s wrong of her to fall for you right now, even though she has. She’s a wonderful girl and she’s perfect for you Zack. She deserves someone good like you. You’d love her like no other and I have no doubt you two would be perfect for each other. She’s just not ready to admit her feelings for you. Give her time and when she’s ready tell her how you feel. But as the best friend, if you hurt her I’ll kick your ass.” Brian said with a chuckle as he finished his little speech.

I snorted out a laugh but quickly covered it with a cough so they wouldn’t think I was eavesdropping. Damn Brian for being so smart and knowing everything. He knew exactly how I’m feeling about all this. He really is a great best friend. Deciding not to eaves drop anymore I turned the iPod on and let The Misfits fill my ears. I lost myself to the music and quietly sang the lyrics to the songs so the guys couldn’t hear me. I didn’t think about what I had overheard I just let the music capture me and sang the lyrics quietly. I felt the car stop and I became nervous once again, not sure what to expect from the two crazy guitarists. I turned off the iPod and heard my door open. I pulled out the earphones and felt someone grab both my hands. They were calloused and big and they gave me butterflies.

“Will you tell me where we are now Z?” I asked as he helped me out of the vehicle.

“How’d you know it was me?” he asked surprised.

“I have my ways.” I said with a smile causing him to chuckle.

“Well come on Sweetheart. Time for part one of the surprise.” Brian said picking me up bridal style causing me to squeal and fling my arms around his neck.

“Do not drop me Haner.” I scolded as I clung to him.

“Would I do such a thing?” He asked innocently as his hold on me loosened causing me to almost fall. I squealed and clung to him harder with my hands. He just laughed before tightening his hold.

“I swear to God Haner if you drop me I will make sure you are never able to perform in the bedroom again.” I threatened causing Zack to laugh loudly.

“You are so evil. You never threaten a man’s manhood. That’s just cruel.” Brian huffed as he tightened his hold so I was able to relax in his arms.

“Well don’t threaten to drop me and we will be just fine.” I grumbled as I heard a door open and we entered a building. “Where are we? Can I take of my blindfold yet?”

“No you can’t and I’m not telling you.” Brian taunted as we kept walking. It was really frustrating not being able to see where I was going.

“You two fight like brother and sister.” I heard Johnny’s voice say as we entered a room.

“Johnny! Can you tell me where we are and what we’re doing?” I asked sweetly.

“No can do love. I’m under strict orders.” Johnny replied patting my back, at least I think it was him.

“This isn’t fair.” I whined.

“It is too fair. What kind of surprise would it be if we let you know what it was?” Matt’s voice commented from somewhere in the room.

“A good one?” I huffed mindlessly playing with Brian’s hair on the back of his neck.

“You know, you two look cute like that?” a new voice commented from in the room.

“Who two?” I asked turning my head trying to see.

“He means us Sweetheart.” Brian said with a laugh as he kissed my forehead.

“Oh yuck. He’s like my brother. Wrong on so many levels.” I said as I shivered in disgust causing the new person and the others in the room to laugh.

“Oh I feel so loved.” Brian said sarcastically as he shifted me in his arms.

“Hey your good looking and all, I’d be blind if I didn’t think so but now I only see you as my big brother and my best friend. You can put me down now.” I said as I tugged his hair once more and wiggled my legs. He laughed and set me on my feet, keeping his arm around my waist.

“Ready for surprise Number One Elliot?” Matt asked as I felt his big hand being placed on my shoulder.

“No I’m slightly scared. These two made me nervous.” I explained as I hit Brian in the chest lightly and gestured to Zack who was standing on Brian’s other side, at least I still think he was.

“Don’t worry. You’ll love it.” Johnny reassured me.

“OK let’s get down to it.” The new voice said.

I felt someone grab my hair and pull it up into a messy ponytail, making sure it was all off my neck. They actually did a good job from what I can tell. Next I was pushed into a chair my side facing the new person. I felt the new person but some sort of paper over the shoulder of my shirt and I felt something wet rub the skin behind my left ear.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I heard the buzz of a tattoo gun. “Am I getting a tattoo?!” I asked shocked as I felt a stencil being placed behind my right ear.

“Yes you are. I promise you will love it and you will not be disappointed.

“But what if I don’t? Getting a tattoo blind is the same as getting one drunk. What if I don’t like it?” I asked as I sat in the chair, the buzz of the gun making me nervous.

“Then we’ll pay to have it removed and grovel for your forgiveness for the foreseeable future.” Matt commented in a serious tone.

I snorted a laugh and shivered in anticipation as the tattoo gun buzzed by my ear. I felt him draw a line and I smiled. I love tattoos.

“So where are we?” I asked as the guy did the tattoo.

“We’re not telling you so stop asking.” Brian said as he sat beside me and took my hand, absentmindedly playing with my fingers.

“Please please please please please please tell me.” I whined.

“You’re such a child.” Johnny laughed.

“I hate being blindfolded. I just want to know where we are.” I huffed, making a pained face as he did the part of the outline closest to my ear.

“Suck it up Buttercup.” Matt chuckled at my expense. I grumbled and ignored the guys when they tried to talk to me, this worked until they cracked a few jokes at Brian’s expense casuing me to laugh with them. After that I just sat back and enjoyed the feeling of getting a new tattoo, even if I was nervous about not liking it. After an hour the guy was completely done and had me cleaned off.

“Alright. Now you can take the blind fold off.” Zack said as he helped me take it off.

“Oh thank Christ.” I said as eye blinked my eyes a million times so they would get used to the light. I looked around the room to see we were in some type of kitchen lounge thingy. The room was small but cozy. The guys were all sitting around and I glanced over at the guy who did the tattoo.

“My names Cam.” He said with a smile, taking off his glove and giving me a handshake.

“Nice to meet you.” I said with a smile. “I’d say I love the tattoo but I haven’t seen it yet.”
He chuckled and handed me a mirror. I lifted it up and looked behind my left ear to see a deathbat tattooed on my skin. Around the tattoo was each of the guy’s initials along with a J.S for Jimmy. I smiled at the tattoo and turned to the guy. The closest was Johnny so I put down the mirror and threw my arms around his neck in a tight hug.

“I take it you like it?” he said laughing as he hugged me back.

“I love it.” I smiled big as I moved to hug Matt then Brian and finally Zack. Once his arms were around me I melted into his arms and never wanted to move. Reluctantly I pulled away and hugged Cam which caught him by surprise. He just chuckled and hugged me back.

“Glad you like it.” He said letting me go and beginning to pack up his things.

“I fricken love it. It’s awesome.” I said looking at it again in the mirror before handing it to him so he could pack up his stuff.

“Told you you’d love it.” Zack said with a smirk. I just stuck my tongue out at him and bounced on my feet with a big smile on my face. They guys just laughed at me before we all said goodbye to Cam as he left the room.

“Ok, now on to surprise Number Two.” Matt said picking up the blindfold and making his way toward me.

“Seriously?” I whined as it was tied securely over my eyes. “How many surprises are there anyway?” I asked as Matt grabbed my shoulders and steered me from the room.

“I’m not sure. We’re making it up as we go along.” Matt said as we made a turn in a hallway.

“You guys plan so well.” I said sarcastically as we turned once again.

“Don’t we though.” He chuckled as he led me a few paces forward and turned me till I was facing him then telling me to sit. Hesitantly I sat until I felt the cushion of a couch under me. I sat and got comfortable, feeling the cushions on either side sink as people sat beside me.

“OK so now we just have to wait a few minutes till he gets here. He said he’d-” Matt was cut off from a person who just entered the room.

“Sorry I’m late guys. Got held up.” A new male voice said as they entered the room and closed the door behind them.

“It’s no problem. It’s amusing to watch these guys lead around their friend in a blind fold.” A different voice said, one I didn’t recognize.

“Why is she blindfolded?” the first voice asked.

“Because bringing her here today is her second surprise. Her first one was a tattoo.” Johnny explained.

“You’re surprising her why?” the second voice asked.

“Because it’s her Welcome to the Family surprise I guess.” Brian said from my right.

“I’m seriously rethinking the need to be in this family.” I said deadpanned causing the two new people to chuckle.

“Oh please you love us and you can’t deny it.” Zack said from my left as he kissed my cheek causing me to shiver lightly.

“I have no idea why. I must be insane.” I grumbled as I picked at the blindfold. “Can I take it off now? It smells like hair and sweat.”

“That’s because it’s mine. I wear it when I wear my fedora sometimes.” Brian said with a chuckle as he undid it and pulled it off my eyes.

“Oh yuck. Brian sweat. Now I have cooties.” I grumbled as I rubbed at my face.

“I’ll give you cooties all right.” Brian teased as he grabbed my face and kissed me all over making me squeal and laugh as I tried to push him off.

“Gross. I don’t want your lips on me.” I huffed pushing him off.

“Don’t lie.” He smirked winking at me.

I just glared at him playfully sticking out my tongue before I looked around the room. I was surprised to find that we were in the recording studio. I looked and caught sight of the two new men. One was Larry their manager and the other was Mike Portney the drummer from Dream Theater. My eyes got hue in shock and I looked at the guys for explanation.

“We’re starting to record another album. The one we started to work on before Jimmy passed. Mike agreed to lay down the drum tracks for us. We thought it was fitting since Mike was one of Jimmy’s favorite drummers. We wanted you to be here because you’re a big part of the family now. Zack said you always wanted to see us play and now you can, but like no other fan has ever before. Your family and we wanted you here.” Matt explained smiling at me and dazzling me with those dimples.

“I don’t even know what to say.” I said, my voice a little choked up. “This is amazing guys and I’m so honored that I’m here and that you want me here. This means the world to me. Thank you.” I said a little misty eyed as I hugged Zack and Brian before hugging Johnny and Matt.

“You’re welcome Ellie. Right introductions. This is our Manager Larry and Mike Portney. Guys this is our friend Elliot.”

“Nice to meet you Elliot.” Larry said smiling and shaking my hand as Mike did the same.

“Nice to meet you both as well.” I said shyly.

“So shall we get started?” Larry asked looking at the guys.

“Yes. We were thinking of starting on guitar first. Zacky, not Brian since he’s too much of a perfectionist.” Matt informed causing Brian to scoff. I laughed and sat back on the couch with Brian, completely excited to see how it all works and comes together.

“Well then let’s get to work.” Larry said clapping his hands and spinning in his chair to face the sound bored. I could not stop the smile from taking over as I watched the guys move about the room and get everything set up for recording. I felt so special to be witness to all this. This was every fan’s dream come true. I was so fortunate that Zack had been the Misfit to sit in my section of the dinner. Fate was kind to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zack admitted his feeling and now Ellie knows!
But putting them together right now would be just to simple.
And i don't really like simple :)
I like this chapter. It's cute.
It just sorta happened this way, it wasnt planned out at all but I like how it turned out.
I love the way ellie and Brian interact, there so much fun to write.
I hope you all liked it and I'll try to have the next one out soon.