Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Nineteen

“Ellie wake up. Babe wake up.” A soothing voice invaded my dreams. I snuggled closer to the warmth and made a small humming noise as I tried to stay asleep. “Ellie Babe wake up. It’s late and we’re leaving.”

“I don’t want to. I’m to comfy.” I murmured as I snuggled closer to his warmth.

“Fine.” He chuckled as he scooped me up into his arms and stood up. “Brian, grab her clothes.” He said as he started to walk towards the vehicles.

“Yes Sir.” Brian grumbled mockingly causing me to chuckle sleepily. I snuggled into Zacky’s warm arms as he held me tighter. I was content and comfortable. I felt him get into the back of Brian’s vehicle and shift me in his arms till we were both comfortable. I was sleepy but awake I just didn’t want to leave his arms. We drove to my apartment, the only sounds coming from the radio. Brian parked outside the building and Zacky opened the door ready to carry me inside. I pulled out of his arms and crawled from his lap till I was standing outside the vehicle facing the two of them. I smiled at Brain through the opened window and leant up to kiss his cheek and give him a hug.

“Thank you for today. It was amazing.” I said pulling out of the hug. “Tell the others for me?”

“Of course sweetheart. Have a goodnight and see you tomorrow.” He said giving me a hug back and kissing my forehead.

I smiled and turned to Zack just in time for him to wrap me in his arms in a tight embrace. I hummed in happiness as I snuggled into his chest and held him back tightly. “Thank you so much for today Zack. It meant the world to me.” I murmured quietly as I kissed his neck causing him to shiver. I pulled out of the hug enough to kiss him lightly on the lips before pulling away completely. I saw the shocked look on his face and I blushed before smiling at Brian and running to the apartment buildings door. I went inside and skipped the elevator and run up the flights of stairs, trying to get my racing heartbeat under control. When I got to my door, my face was flushed, my heart was thudding in my ribcage and my lips were tingling. I smiled like a goof as I unlocked my door and made my way inside to the bathroom for a shower. I stripped and stepped under the warm spray, feeling the sand and salt wash from my skin. I cleaned the tattoo before stepping out and wrapping myself in a towel and making my way to my room. I dried off and found some underwear, slipping them on before grabbing an old oversized sleep shirt. I went around my small apartment locking the door and shutting off the lights before falling into my bed and snuggling under the covers. Today was an amazingly awesome day. Falling asleep with a smile on my face seemed to become a habit these past few weeks.

I woke up the next morning feeling inexplicably sad. I glanced at the calendar on my wall and my heart sank as I realized why. It was January 31st. It was Ethan’s birthday. He would have been 22 today. The last few weeks I had been thinking of Ethan less and less and it made me feel guilty that I could forget him like I did. I loved the guys but spending so much time with them was making me forget Ethan and my mom. They were all I had, I lost them and all I had were my memories. I lay in bed and pulled the covers over my head. Today I was just going to hide away from the world and those in it. I stayed under the covers and ignored when the phone rang, I ignored when there was a knock on the door, and I ignored it all. I cried for Ethan and my mom, I cried because I could never see them again, I cried because I couldn’t even visit their graves. I just wanted to be held and told everything was going to be ok, even if it felt like it was all ending. I felt the bed dip and a body lay on either side of me, I felt myself being held between two people and my breathing hitched as I recognized the scent of Marlboro cigarettes and two different types of cologne.

“It’s ok sweetheart. You’re not alone, everything will be ok.” Brian murmured from behind me as he kissed my head, which was still covered by the blanket.

I cried harder and snuggled into his arms more, knowing that it was Zacky in front of me. Realizing my feelings for Zacky scared me and after last night when I kissed him I wasn’t sure I could face him right now.

“Babe will you tell us what’s wrong?” Zacky asked in concern as he tried to pull the blanket down. I held onto it tighter and turned around so my back was to Zack instead.

“It’s Ethan’s birthday today. I forgot. How could I forget?” I said trough my tears.

“Shh sweetheart. It’s ok, with the excitement from last night it’s ok to forget. You have a new life here and it’s crazy and hectic and you’re adjusting as best you can. It’s ok to forget from time to time. As long as you still love them and remember them in your heart, its ok not to think of them all the time.” Brian soothed as he held onto me tighter.

“I just feel so guilty. Ethan was my everything, my world and I forgot. It’s been four months and I forgot.” I argued.

“You didn’t forget him, you forgot a day. It’s ok to forget days as long as you remember him. You will always remember him, his love for you, and the life you shared together. No one can take that from you.”

“I want him back Brian. I just want them back.” I cried as I held tighter to him. He wrapped his arms around me tighter and I felt Zack’s hand rub circles on my back.

“We want Jimmy back, and we always will. But he’s never gone if we remember and still love him. The same is true for your mom and Ethan.” Zack murmured.

“Right. The Reverend will Neverend.” I said with a sad sigh. “You guys have millions of people loving and remembering Jimmy. It’s only me for my mom and Ethan.”

“But you love them more than anyone else could. That’s all that matters sweetheart.” Brian said as he moved the blanket down and kissed the top of my head. I pulled the blanket down till it was at my waist and I snuggled into the bed and Brian. What do you want to do today sweetheart?”

“Lay in bed all day.” I mumbled against his shirt.

“You can’t. We came to bring you to the studio again today. So get dressed and we will go. Birthdays are meant to be celebrated, so today celebrate his life instead of being sad about his death.” Brian said as he got off the bed and pulled my arms until I was standing.

“Fine. Give me a couple minutes to get dressed.” I said as I pushed the hair out of my face. I closed the door after they left my room and I rummaged in drawers and in my closet till I found a pair of old blue skinny jeans and an older VU shirt that was a bit big on me. I found mismatched socks and slipped them on before grabbing a hair tie and leaving my room. I found Brian and Zack sitting on my couch both staring up at the ceiling deep in thought. I giggled at the look of pure concentration on each of their faces, they looked cute. As I giggled their eyes snapped to me and they both smiled at me.

“Ready to go sweetheart?” Brian asked as he stood up and came towards me so he could wrap his arm around my shoulders.

“Yup. I just need my shoes.” I said as we walked to the door so I could slip my feet into my DC shoes. I grabbed my keys of the hall table and we walked out the door, closing it and locking it behind us. I followed them to the elevator and out through the lobby. We got into Zacky’s care and made our way to the studio. I was lost in thought and stayed quiet for the drive and again once we got into the studio. I greeted the guys with a hello but I didn’t say much else. I walked around the studio just checking everything out as the guys got to work. I was standing in the kitchen and a few water guns hidden in the corner caught my eye. I picked the two of them up and made my way to the sink. I was debating on whether to fill them or not when Johnny came into the room.

“Hey Ellie. What are you doing?” he asked as he stood beside me at the sink.

“I saw these in the corner and I was thinking of filling them up, after that I really didn’t think of anything.” I said with a shrug and a sheepish smile.

“These are Jimmy’s. He would fill them up and use them on us as we were working. He always said it was because we needed more fun when recording. We’re all perfectionists in our own ways so Jimmy always knew how to bring in the fun and let go of the serious stuff. What do you say, we go get the guys.” Johnny said with a laugh as he filled up one of the super soakers.

“I say, Yes Sir Sargent Seward.” I said giving a mock salute and filling up my super soaker. “Wait wait we need something more.” I said as I scanned the room for something. I smiled as I spotted two ties and the table in the small kitchen. I grabbed them both and tied a red one on Johnny’s head and put a purple one on mine. “Now we’re ready Sarg.” I said with a laugh.

“Lets go Lieutenant Winslow.” Jonny smirked as he ran out of the room with me right behind him. We snuck to the recording room and did ninja rolls past the door, trying not to laugh and give away our position.

“Targets spotted. Three in the chairs around the controls, fourth on the couch. How are we doing this?” Johnny asked as he leant against the wall.

“Lets take those cocky guitarists down a peg or two.” I said with a smirk I said from my crouching position. “I got low, you get high.”

“Sure thing Lieutenant. Let’s get ‘em. Count of three. One, two three.” As soon as he said three we both moved into the door way and let loose on Zack and Brian as they sat in rolly chairs. They yelled as the water hit them and tried to move out of the way. Johnny and I didn’t give up until out guns were out of water. Once we were done we stood up and high fived as we laughed at Zack and Brian. Their clothes were sticking to them and Brian’s once styled hair was soaking wet and dripping. Neither one looked impressed but me and Johnny were grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

“What the fuck guys?” Brian asked with a little bit of anger coloring his tone.

“What?” we both asked innocently as we held the guns loosely in our hands.

“Where did you get those?” Zack asked as he pointed to the guns.

“In the kitchen. Figured it would be a good idea at the time.” I said with a shrug as Johnny and I slowly walked backwards.

“You did, did you. And what did you plan on doing once you were out of water?” Brian asked in a low voice as him and Zack advanced on us.

I looked sideways at Johnny to see him looking at me as well. We nodded in understanding before looking back at the guys. “Run!” we yelled at the same time as we turned and booked it out of the room. We laughed and split up as we heard the guys come after us. I ran into a random room and quickly hid behind all the equipment in the room and stayed quiet. In the distance I could hear Johnny and Brian yelling and swearing at each other so that mean Zack came after me. I couldn’t hear anyone close so I snuck out behind the equipment and made my way to the door.

“Boo.” His voice whispered right behind me causing me to scream and try to run. I screamed as his arms wound around my middle and brought me back until my back hit his chest. I squirmed trying to get away and managed to turn in his arms, but as I did I tripped over our feet and fell bringing Zack with me. We landed on the ground, me on my back with him on top of me. I gasped as I looked up into his green eyes as they sparkled down at me. His hair was dripping water onto me as he smirked down at me.

“Hey Z.” I said innocently as I tried to squirm out from under him. He just smirked and put more of his weight on me, effectively trapping me under his body.

“Hmm Hello Elliot.” He smirked as he gazed down at me. He was making me nervous smirking down at me like that and being on top of me. This is the first time I have looked at him since I kissed him. Just the thought made me blush.

“Your dripping water on me Zack.” I grumbled as he chuckled at me.

“You soaked me Elliot, I think it’s ok if I drip water on you.”

“It wasn’t only me.” I whined from under him.

“I know, and Brain already took care of Short Shit. So that leaves me you.” he said with a mischievous smirk.

“What are you going to do to me?’ I asked cautiously.

He smirked and leant closer to my face, “Something I’ve wanted to do for a while.” He said quietly as his lips gently touched mine. I gasped at the touch and tentatively kissed him back. My lips exploded with tingles and I was left breathless from a simple kiss. When he pulled away I looked up at him shocked and my cheeks flushed with red. He opened his mouth to say something when we could hear the shouts of the others getting closer. He smiled down at me and smirked a little. I was about to question him when his fingers met my sides and started tickling me. I shrieked and laughed as I tried to get out of his grip.

“Zack! Oh god. Stop.” I said through my laughter and squirming.

“Zacky quit raping the poor girl.” Matt said from the doorway as he laughed down at us.

“You can’t rape the willing.” He countered as he stopped tickling me and sat up so he was straddling my waist.

I huffed and hit him in the stomach with my hand causing him to let out a ‘omf’ as he laughed down at me. I smiled and pushed on his chest so I could wiggle out from under him. I sat up beside him and smiled at the other guys. I snickered once I saw Brian.

“Nice hair Bri.” I laughed as I saw his hair all over the place, and not in the hot way he usually had it.

“Oh ha ha. Laugh it up Sweetheart.” He scoffed as he crossed his arms as we all laughed at him.

“Oh I will, don’t worry.” I said with a laugh as I stood up and hugged him around his middle. “Sorry Bri, we just couldn’t resist. You were way too serious in there.” I said as I pulled out of the hug and grinned up at him.

“It’s ok Sweetheart, I’m not mad. We just needed to get you back. I half expected it to be Jimmy standing with Johnny. The two of them always did that to us.” Brian said chuckling as he hugged me back. “But I still have to get you back.” He said as he scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder causing me to squeal.

“Put me down.” I demanded as I smacked him on the butt.

“Not a chance sweetheart.” He chuckled as he walked out of the room and to the main recording room.

“Brian please don’t drop me, or hurt me.” I pleaded as he dropped me on the couch.

“I’m not going to hurt you sweetheart. Just sit back and relax.” He said with a smirk as he grabbed his guitar and sat down beside me.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he handed me his guitar.

“Teaching you to play so you can get some use out of the guitar in your living room.” He said as he scooted forward and turned so he was facing me more.

“It’ll be kind of difficult with a cast Bri.” I said as I waved my right wrist at him.

“Difficult yes but not impossible. By the time your cast is off we’ll have you shredding like a pro.” He said with a smirk as he placed my fingers on the fret board.

For the next few hours we sat on the couch and he taught me cords and notes. It was a lot of fun and I couldn’t wait till I could play a full song without mistakes. Brian was the best, best friend anyone could ask for. He knew without asking that learning guitar would be a way for me to have Ethan close again. He knew me so well and he hadn’t even known me for long. All of these guys were like that. They were the best group of friends anyone could ask for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter.
It's long overdue i know and i'm sorry.
But i hope the kisses make up for it.
Things are heating up between Ellie and Zack but is she willing to let it happen quite so fast?
So let me know what you guys think.
Any predictions for the chapters to come?