Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Twenty-One

"Yo Elliot. You in there?" Ty asked as he stood in front of me on the other side of the counter.

"Huh? Oh sorry Ty. I was a little spaced. What's up?" I asked as I looked up at him with a small smile.

He just looked at me and dumped a box of CDs on the counter for me "these need to be stocked on the shelves. I'll take the counter, I've got a few things I need to do over here." He said barely looking at me.

I nodded and grabbed the box heading to the shelves of CDs. Things with Ty and me were incredibly awkward. He still wanted more but ever since I turned him down he's been really short with me. He's been mad at me and so far I haven't been able to make things right. I just sighed and started working.

I was pulled from my thoughts when my phone rang in my back pocket. I smiles once I saw it was zacky and I answered it happily.

"Hey Z. What's up?"

"Hey babe how are you?" He asked with a smile in his voice. I could hear the guys laughing and talking in the back ground.

"Not much just stocking the shelves at work. How's recording going?" I asked as put CDs on the shelf.

"Slow going. It's a little difficult but we're managing to hold it together and push through. It's just....hard not having him here." Zack replied with a tired sigh. I could hear the sadness in his voice and it made my heart ache.

"I'm sorry Zack. But he's there with you. Every song you play, every time you laugh, every memory. He's there with you every step of the way. He will always be with you." I said softly.

"Thank you babe. I need to hear that. Well I did have another reason for calling."

"Oh yeah and what is that?"

"Well...I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with me tonight? It wouldn't be anything fancy. I just....I was hoping that we could have some alone time. We haven't seen each other much since...well since the last time you were at the studio with us." I could hear the nervousness in Zack's voice as he asked.

I dropped the CD box in shock and held my breath, trying not to squeal in excitement and shock. I took a deep breath and picked up the box quickly.

"Ell? You ok?"

"Yeah I'm- I'm fine I just dropped a box of CDs. Are you serious? You wanna make me dinner?" I asked biting my lip.

"Yeah I mean that is if you'd like that." He replied sounding a little nervous. I no longer heard the guys in the background so he must of moved into a different room.

"....I'd love that Zack. I know you make excellent pancakes so now I have to see if your supper making is just as good." I said with a small giggle as I hear his relieved sigh.

"Ok perfect. Can you make it to my place for 5? Is that a good time for you?"

"Yeah that'll be perfect. I'm only working a short shift today, just came into help stock shelves. I'll be done in an hour so I'll have plenty of time to get ready and he at your place." I replied happily with a big dorky smile on my face.

"Ok perfect baby. I'll see you at 5 then. Bye" he said before hanging up the phone, but not before I heard a loud crash and Brian yelling at Johnny. I giggled and stuffed my phone back in my pocket.

"I thought you weren't ready to date? Or did you just mean you weren't ready or willing to date me?" I turned around to see Ty looking at me with and angry and hurt look on his face.

"Ty please don't start. We've been through this already." I said exasperatedly.

"Oh come on Elliot you're being pathetic. Just tell me the real reason you turned me down. Grow some ball for crying out loud." He replied heatedly.

"Fine. You wanna know the real reason? I'm not attracted to you in that way! Yes you're good lolling and you are a really great guy. But I have no romantic feelings towards you Ty. I thought I did but I see you as a friends that's all." The moment I said it I felt bad. I could see the anger leave and the hurt mor prominently but then as soon as it happens the hurt was gone and all that was there was anger.

"Fuck you Elliot. You led me on, let me believe that there could be something between us and all this time you never wanted anything between us." He scoffed at me.

"I never led you on. I kept trying to tell you that I didn't want anything between us but you wouldn't listen. I only ever wanted you as a friend. That's all I wanted from you." I exclaimed tiredly.

"Yeah what ever Elliot." He scoffed and walked over to the counter and effectively ignored me for the rest of our shift.

Once it hit 3 I cleaned up and clocked out before heading home. I was a bundle of excited nerves. I was excited and nervous about the dinner with Zack. It would be the first time since we kissed that we would be alone. I was so busy thinking of all the what ifs that I was home before I knew it. Once I got into my apartment I hopped into the shower and scrubbed myself clean along with shaving my legs and....other places.

I stepped out of the shower and air dried before putting on a pair of green lace panties and a black bra. I dried my hair and put product in it so that my waves would look like they came from a salon. I put on eyeliner and mascara before putting on deodorant and perfume then I stood in front of my closet wondering what to wear.

It was just dinner at his place but I didn't want to go in just plain jeans and a T-shirt which was kind of my standard. And I didn't want to go to fancy and wear a dress incase he wasn't dressed up. So I decided to put on boyfriend jeans and a simple white V-neck shirt with a black blazer over top. I put on some nude heels and grabbed my purse. I paced back and forth in my living room for a bit before I had to head to Zack's. The entire ride there my stomach was full of butterflies and I was so excited and nervous I thought I was going to puke. Things were defiantly changing between us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. Hope it's good. It's short, but it's mostly a filler to get us into the next chapter.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7b/27/4c/7b274c9b13c0b1b856fd83bfb03c6aef.jpg