Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Twenty-Two

Standing in front of Zack's door was a big deal all of a sudden. Tonight it meant things were changing and it was something we both wanted. I was excited, nervous and even more excited. I took a deep breath, swept the bangs from my face and knocked on the door. Inside I could hear Icky and Majesty barking loudly and excitedly.

Zack opened the door and looked me up and down smiling, his green eyes sparkling happily. His hair was styled messily and he was wearing a a simple white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and nice dark jeans. He smiled at me and reached for my hand, lacing our fingers together and pulling me inside, closing the door behind me.

"Hey beautiful. How was your day?" He asked as he gave me a small kiss on my cheek and rubbed his thumb along the back of my hand.

"It wasn't to bad. A little awkward with Ty but that can't be helped anymore." I said, my cheeks flushed in a small blush from the kiss.

"He still trying for something with you?" He asked with a frown as he brought me into the kitchen which smelt amazing and poured me a glass of wine.

"Not after today he won't. Called me a bitch for supposedly leading him on. Even though I kept telling him I just wanted to be friends." I said shrugging before taking a sip of the wine. " but how was your day? How's being in the studio again?"

"It's.....different this time around. We miss Jimmy of course but we keep going and we're doing this record for him and all our fans. This is what we love to do and we're going to continue to do it for as long as we can." He said with a small sigh before dishing out two plates of pasta and homemade garlic bread.

He looked at me a little sheepishly as we sat down to eat. "Sorry it's just spaghetti. It's kinda the best dish I can make."

"It's ok I love spaghetti. It's my favourite food." Smile at him and dig into the food and close my eyes groaning happily. "My god Z. It's so good."

He chuckled and shook his head at me, smiling. "You're a bit of an oddity Ell. I love it." I blushed a noticeable shade of pink and he took my hand and brought my knuckles to his lips for a small kiss.

Yup things were definitely changing with us. But I was more than happy about that. We finished our meal with lots of conversation and laughs. It was effortless to be around Zack. He made me feel safe and at home with him. It was very easy to be myself around him and he made me feel happy.

"That was a good dinner Z. You're a really good cook." I said with a smile as I laid on the floor, Ichabod and Majesty laying with me.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was really hoping tonight would be a good night." He replied smiling down at me as he laid down on the couch.

I just smiled at him happily and got up off the floor and laid on top of him and nuzzled into his strong chest. His arms wrapped around me and he cuddled me tight and kissed the top of my head. I loved his arms around me. It had been a long time since I've been cuddled and I missed it so much. Zacky made me crave his arms, his touch. Just being on top of him cuddling him like this made my stomach go crazy with butterflies.

I looked up at him my cheeks flushed pink. He looked at me and smiled lightly, his thumb tracing over my cheek before brushing the bangs away from my face and moving to cup the side of my face. His eyes were sparkling and darker than usual. His heart was racing just as fast as mine was and my breathing was a little more ragged. I lifted myself up slightly so my face was closer to his, and his arm tightened around my waist, holding me tighter to him.

I let out the breath I had been holding and tilted my face closer to Zacky's and tentatively touched my lips to his. I kissed him softly, his lips moving against mine lightly until the kiss heated up. My skin felt hot and tingly as he kissed me, his hands skimming across my frame and gripping me tightly to him. I was breathless and lightheaded as we kissed, both of us lost to the tether of time as we made out on his couch.

By the time we came up for air it was dark outside. My face was flushed and my lips were swollen from kissing so much. Zack looked at me and smiled a happy goofy smile and I let out a giggle as I smiled at him. He laughed and together we picked out a movie and snuggled into the couch with some drinks and snacks, stealing kisses every now and again.

Waking up I was a little disoriented and wasn't sure if last night was just a dream of what I had wished would have happened. I was proved wrong however when I opened my eyes and saw Majesty panting and looking at me. I looked a little stunned but gave her a pat and sat up looking around. I was still on Zack's couch and so was he. He was holding onto my hips and sleeping peacefully. I smiled and brushed his hair away from his face and gave his lips a sweet kiss. He stirred and blinked his sleepy green eyes open. Upon seeing me he smiled happily and grabbed my face between his hands and kissed me deeply.

"Morning babe."

I mewled into his kiss quietly and my face flushed warm. I pulled away to catch my breath and hid my face in his neck, breathing in his scent.

"Morning Z." I nuzzled into him and sighed in content as he warped his arms around me and pulled me close to him, heat radiating from his body and comforting me. He took a deep breath and ran his hand over my hair in a soothing calm motion.

"Did you have a good time last night Ell?" He asked quietly as he wrapped a strand of my hair around his finger.

"I had a great time Z. It was a comfy sleep over too." Small giggle and hug him tight.

"Good. I'm glad. Breakfast?" He asked as Icky and Majesty started wining to go outside.

"That would be wonderful." Smile and follow him into the kitchen, letting the dogs out into the back yard as I do. Zack started to grab things from the fridge to make breakfast as I turned on the radio, sing along quietly and dancing as I helped him make pancakes and bacon. More batter ended up on us than the pan but we had fun none the less. Just as Zack was flipping the pancakes and bacon there was a knock on the door.

"Wanna get that babe?" Zack asked looking at me with a smile as he went back to flipping the food.

I chuckled and walked to the door with majesty right beside me. I opened the door to see Brian, Matt and Johnny standing on the other side of the door. At first they looked confused then all three broke into shit eating grins.

"Z you sly dog you. We came to see how the date went last night and well, this is pretty telling." Brian smirked as he motioned to me up and down.

"Don't be a perv. We fell asleep watching movies on the couch. Nothing more nothing less." I rolled my eyes as I smirked at him and stole his skull beanie out of his back pocket as he walked into the house passed me. He playfully growled at me and I just stuck my tongue out at him as I put it on my head, pushing my hair into it messily so a few loosely curled strands stuck out here and there.

"Sure that's all that happened." Matt smirked as him and Johnny came inside closing the door behind them. I just shook my head an padded barefoot back to the kitchen.

"Oh pancakes." Johnny said happily as he walked in and snaked a hot one off the plate. Zack saw and smacked the back of his knuckles with the spoon causing Johnny to yell out in surprise.

"Hey what was that for?!" He asked indignantly.

"It's not for you. It's for me and Ell. What are you guys doing here anyway?" He asked as heads the two of us a plate.

"We came to see how your date was. But judging by the fact that she answered the door we'd say it was pretty great." Brian said as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"You guys are just a bunch of girls." I laughed as I shook my head and ate my pancake, saving my pancake for last.

"I take offence Madame. I am all male thank you very much." Brian said with a scoff.

"Uh huh sure you are." I rolled My eyes teasingly And then almost choked on my piece of bacon when I saw the time. It was 10:30 and I had to be at work for 11. "Oh shit. I have to go. I had a great time last night Z I really did. I call you later after work." I said as I smiled at him and kissed him before running to grab my phone and blazer, racing to the door as I put on my heels. "Bye guys see you later!" I called to the 3 guys still in the kitchen as Zack steadied my so I could put on my shoes.

"What time do you work till tonight?" He asked as I stood up.

"Till 7 give or take. Why?"

"Well I was thinking we could hang out again tonight." He said with a shrug as he rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"I'd love to Z. Come to my place tonight? I can make us a later supper." I offered with a little smile as I nuzzled into his hand.

"It's a date love." He said making me blush at the new pet name. I smiles and kissed him one last time before running out the door and to my car. I made it into the parking lot at work just at 11. I got out of the car and kicked off my heels, finding a pair or studded black flats on the back an slipping them on. Shoes I had long since forgot about. I locked my doors and ran inside to sign in just as Ty came out of the office. He gave me one look and rolled his eyes before heading off to the register. I sighed heavily and straightens out Brian's beanie. Today was gonna be a long shift.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally another chapter!! I do apologize for the long wait if anyone even reads this storey anymore. I'm not happy at all with this chapter but I needed to get it out. Let me know what you think please.