Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Thirty

It had been a few weeks since Zacky had left back to the states to finish up recording and start organizing the tour. In that time I was able to find a full time job with great pay and even greater tips at a high society lounge. The type that frequented it were lawyers and the like enjoying a few drinks and some food after a days work. It was a little to high society for my tastes but the money was good and it was really close to my apartment. It took awhile to get used to another new city but after a short adjustment I was fine and confident enough to get around in my immediate area. Of course with this job came the need to have appropriate work attire. The first few days showing up to work in pencils skirts, heels and nice tops with my hair and makeup done felt extremely awkward but I adjusted quick enough. I made a few friends with people I worked with but even so my free time consisted of keeping in contact with Joe and Sam as well as Zacky and the guys. It was hard not to see them everyday and I felt incredibly lonely without them but I put on a brave face for them to make the separation easier. The only one who knew I was having a hard time was Brian. He could always tell if I was having a bad day and would talk with me till I felt better. He really was my best friend. I had just gotten off work and into my apartment when the land line started to ring. I swore under my breath and dropped my bag and ran across the floor to the kitchen counter and grabbed the phone, quickly answering it.

“Hello?” I questioned with a small grunt as I banged my knee into the counter and swore under my breath.

“Elle?” I heard Zacky question from the other end of the line. “You ok?”

“Yeah fine. I just banged my knee trying to get to the phone in time. How are you? I wasn’t expecting your call till later tonight.” I stated as I looked in the fridge for some food. Would have to go shopping if I wanted something good to eat.

“Yeah I was going to but we’re all going out tonight so I thought I’d phone now while I was still sober.” he chuckled a little and I could hear muffled talking in the background.

“Ok baby. Glad I made your call in time. I just stepped through the door.” I informed as I made my way up the stairs and into my closet. I took off my skirt and hung it up while I talked with him.

“Yeah sorry. It’s just we were going to dinner before we went out so I wanted to call in enough time. I thought you only worked till 4pm today?” I heard a distant clatter and a few yells before there was quiet again.

“I was supposed to yeah but my manager asked me to stay till 6 as it got really busy and one girl called in sick last minute.” I filled in as I slipped on some yoga pants and traded my blouse for a black tank top.

“Got some over time then?”

“Yes Sir. Now I can go and get some more work stuff and some new clothes. A lot of my stuff is old and ratty and I’m in some desperate need for new clothes and underwear. To bad you couldn’t come shopping with me.” I teased lightly.

“Aww don’t tease me baby. That’s just cruel.” He playfully pouted.

“Sorry love. I really wish you were here with me right now.” I admitted sadly.

“I know baby I wish it to.” He sighed as I vaguely heard someone call his name in the background. “Hey babe I’m sorry to cut this short, but the guys are calling. I’ll call you tomorrow after work?”

“For sure babes. I love you, have a good night.”

“Bye Elle, Love you.” he breathed as small sigh before hanging up.

Taking a deep breath I grabbed a jacket since i was now back in Canada with cold and wet March weather and headed down the stairs. I put on my boots grabbed my bag and locked up before heading for the elevator. I was in need of a distraction in the form of shopping. I walked to the nearest bus stop and took the short ride to the nearest mall. The complex was huge and just the distraction I needed. I spent a few hours shopping and buying some new work things, some everyday clothes and some updated underwear before having a quick bite to eat in the food court before the mall closed. After that I took the bus back to my apartment and decided to wash all the clothes so I could wear one of the new outfits to work the next day. While the clothes were washing I took out my laptop and decided to skype Sammy and Joe. Hearing from the two of them was always needed.

“Aunty Ellie!” Sammy yelled upon accepting the skype call.

“Hey Sammy! I missed you.”

“I missed you to Aunty Ellie. When are you coming home?” he asked as he sat really close to the screen trying to see me better.

“Not for awhile yet Sammy. It’ll still be a few months before I’m back home again.”

“That’s not fair. This is your home? Why did you have to leave?” he asked with his big soulful blue eyes.

“I know Sammy. I wish I could have stayed with you but I’ll be home soon enough.” I promised him as I blew him a kiss. I talked with him and Joe for a bit before it was time for him to go to bed so I said my goodbyes and promised to call them again tomorrow before Sammy’s bedtime.

My days passed much in the same way for quite awhile before I realized I had already lived there for 3 months and I hadn’t heard from Zacky the past week. Thinking something was wrong I called his cell only for it to go straight to voicemail. Feeling slightly worried I called Brian and he answered on the second ring.

“Hey there sweetheart. How are you?” he asked as he answered.

“Hey Bri. I’m good, I’ve been crazy busy with work lately. I’ve been getting more shifts and spending time with some work friends outside of work. How are you and the guys.” I asked, smiling at the sound of his voice.

“Oh we’ve been good. Just about to head out on tour soon. We leave the day after tomorrow for our first show.” he explained as I heard him take a sip of some beverage, probably alcoholic.

“That’s so awesome. I hope to catch a few of your shows, as many as I can obviously.” I smile.

“Of course sweetheart. We’d have you at every one if we could. You know that.”

“I know. Hey do you know where Zacky is? I tried his cell but it went straight to voicemail.” I said quietly, not wanting him to think I was worried or concerned of something.

“Yeah actually he just walked in. Hold on a sec.” he said as I could hear some muffled conversation before Zacks voice came over the line. “Elle?

“Hey Z.” I smiled as I heard him say my name and felt so much better.

“Hey love. I’m sorry it’s been a few days since we talked, Matt’s just had us on a crazy schedule trying to get ready for this tour. It’s the first one without Jimmy and we all feel out of sorts about it. It’s a lot of stress and pressure on us right now.” he sighed and just with that one action I could hear the amount of stress in his voice.

“It’s ok baby. I understand, and I want you to talk to me whenever you’re feeling this way. I’m here for you.”

“I know babe, I know. I just needed some time to process this whole thing. How are you, how’s work?”

“Works been good. Very busy. Someone quit and they haven’t filled her position yet so I’ve been working most of those shifts. The money is good but I’m exhausted.” I admit.

“Sorry Love. I wish I could be there with you, I really do babe. It’s not the same without you here.” Zack sighed and I could hear him light a smoke.

“I know baby. I wish I was there with you, I really miss you.” I admitted as I looked at the time on the wall. “Shit, I’m sorry Z but I have to head back to work. Will you call me tonight? I’ll be home after 10.”

“For sure babe. Stay safe and I will call you tonight. Love you.” Zack said before hanging up. I sighed, put my phone back in my purse in my locker and headed back to work. It was busy so as soon as I stepped out of the break room I was handed a tray and directed to a table. Thankfully it was so busy I didn’t have time to dwell on my feelings. I threw myself into work and thankfully the time passed quickly and it was 10pm before I knew it and in the break room stowing my work apron and packing up my purse.

“Hey Elliot. Done for the night?” Jay, a coworker asked as he came into the room and headed for his locker stuffing his apron inside of it.

“Yeah I was asked to stay longer tonight since it was so busy.” I say with a smile as I take off my heels, putting them in my purse.

“Any plans now?” he asked, pulling his work shirt off and standing there in just his work pants and shoes. I chuckled as he playfully winked and wiggled his eyebrows at me. He was good looking, that was for sure. He had sandy brown hair, hazel green eyes, some facial scruff and some tattoos on his muscular arms and chest.
“Not really no. I was just going to head home and relax, maybe make a very late supper. My life is so glamorous isn’t it?” I chuckle as I slip my jeans on under my skirt. I shimmy the skirt off and stuff it into my bag. Jay snorts as I do up my jeans and take off my blouse to my tank top underneath.

“So classy Elliot.” Jay snorts as I slip on my A7X sweater. “God food sounds good. Ironic that we work in a restaurant and we haven't even eaten yet.” He muses as he puts on a shirt then strips down to his boxer briefs and quickly slips on his jeans.

“It’s ridiculous is what it is. I’m starving and I need to eat or I will waste away.” I laugh as I slip on my shoes and shoulder my bag. I watch Jay for a second, putting on his boots and have a sudden idea. “Hey you want to come over? I usually make enough food to feed like 10 people.”

“You sure? I don’t want to intrude.” He says with a raised brow as he grabs his coat and bag.

“Yeah I could use a friend. I’ve lived here 3 months and I really miss my family and friends back home.” I say as we start walking towards the exit.

“Then yes I will be your friend and family here. And I mean that platonically. I noticed your ring as soon as you started and I myself have a boyfriend.” He informs me as we walk to his car.

“Thank god. I felt funny asking because I wasn’t sure what you’d make of it. The last guy friend I had wasn’t that cool.” I say with a chuckle as I get into his car.

“Well I’m fantastic if I do say so myself. Where’s back home?” he asks starting up the car and inching out of the parking lot.

“Well technically here, but I moved to California after I lost my family in a car accident but before my application for citizenship was approved my work visa expired so I had to move back here and work and live here for at least a year before I can go back and start the process again.” I explain and he gets onto the road and I direct him where to go.

“California, nice. Where abouts did you live there?”

“Huntington Beach, in a little one bedroom apartment and I worked at a Diner and a music store. It was awesome and I miss my family there and I can not wait to go back.”

“I’m guessing that’s where the fiance is?” he asks as he turns into my buildings visitor parking area.

“Yeah, it’s hard but he’s got his work there and I’ll be with him as soon as I can.” Small shrug. “We make it work.”

“That’s all that matters.” Jay states as he parks, turns off the car and locks the doors as we get out, heading inside the building to the elevator.

“Agreed.” I chuckle as we ride the elevator and get off on my floor. I’ll admit I was slightly nervous about inviting a new person into my apartment as I had been alone in it for the last three months. Once inside Jay looked around and whistled in appreciation.

“Damn. Now this is an apartment.” Jay laughed as he looked around at everything. “This place is a palace compared to the two bedroom I live in with my boyfriend and roommate.”

“Hmm thanks. Fiance paid for it all to be honest. I could never afford a place like this on my own, I’d need a roommate or five.” I laughed as I put my bag down on the bench by the front door. “Make yourself at home.” I welcomed as I went to the kitchen and looked through the fridge. “What would you like?”

“You know I’d actually love some mushroom soup and crackers. I love that stuff but my boyfriend hates it.” He chucked as he came to sit on one of the stools at the kitchen island.

“Oh that sounds perfect. I haven’t had that in forever.” I smiled before taking out two cans of mushroom soup and started to make them. I took out two bowls and spoons as well as two cups and told him to look through the fridge for anything he’d like to drink. He returns to the island counter with two cold bottles of water. “So how long have you been with your boyfriend.” I ask as I stir the soup on the stove.

“It will be 10 years this November actually. We got together when we were 18.” He explains with a soft smile as he recalls some memory.

“That’s a long time. That’s amazing. My first relation ship was 5 years before I lost him, and I’ve only been with Zacky for almost a year actually. Not that long now that I think about it.” I muse as I turn off the element and dish the soup into two bowls before rinsing the empty pot in the sink and finding the crackers as I sit beside him at the counter.

“Not always about how long you’ve been together but about how well you’ve connected. Austin and I have been friends since grade school, we grew up together and were always a part of each others lives. We dated other people but it never felt right till we got together. It just feels right.” He smiled as he ate his soup, dunking a cracker into his bowl.

“That’s what it’s like with me and Zack. It feels right and natural to be together. I never feel like something is wrong or missing. He’s......he’s home.” I smile softly thinking about Zacky before shrugging at Jay with a smile.

“Now that's love.” He laughs softly and dunks another cracker in his soup. “So what’s it like dating a guy from Avenged Sevenfold?” he inquires with an eyebrow wiggle.

“How’d you know?” I ask curiously as we’ve mainly kept it quiet about our relationship.

“There’s quite a few articles about it up on some fan forums actually. I was reading one a few weeks ago looking for tour updates when I saw pictures of you and Zacky Vengance at the airport. At first I didn't realize it was you. Had to stare at the picture for a few minutes.”

“Yeah we weren’t planning on saying anything but figured it was better it came from us then rumours being spread. And no one is more surprised about all of this than I am. This is stuff you read in crazy fan fictions. This stuff never happens in real life.”

“Yeah you have as much likely hood of becoming a Disney Princess than marrying a member of a hugely famous band.” he agreed with a small snort.
“Then I guess I’m a mother fucking princess.” I remarked with a smug smile. He laughed and almost spit out a mouthful of soup causing me to laugh at his expense.

“That’s one hell of a way to say your a princess alright. That was hilarious.” he chuckles as he shakes his head, getting up and rinsing his empty bowl in the sink. I shrug with a laugh and do the same with mine before putting the crackers away in the cupboard before going and lounging on the corner part of the sectional couch, Jay flopping down opposite me. “Oh my god. This couch is Shangri La.”

“Right. I had old ratty furniture in my old apartment. This stuff is definitely an upgrade. Will be sad to leave it behind, that and my claw foot tub.

“Oh man, my boyfriend loves claw foot tubs. We had one in our apartment but it was so old it rusted a hole in it. Instead of throwing it out we turned it into a love seat. It’s his favourite spot.” Jay laughs as he gets comfy on the pillows.

“That sounds amazing. I want one.”

We spent the night talking and sharing stories of our lives and it felt so nice to just have a friend that was strictly platonic. I didn’t realize how lonely I actually was until I spent time with Jay. He was fun and expressive and very open with his relationship with his boyfriend Austin who sounded amazing and I couldn’t wait to meet him. Before either of us had realized what happened we’d fallen asleep on the couch. It was a much needed rest after a hectic day at work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally another update. OK even I know this is a shit chapter but I needed to get something out. The next one will be better I just find I'm in a slump with this story as it's become so different than my original concept for it. Any feed back is welcome.