Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Six

After breakfast with Zack, we cleaned up my little kitchen and went to sit in the living room. I sat on the couch cross legged and Zack sat beside me with his arms behind his head. We were both quiet and content to just sit there in silence. It was nice being around Zack. He was a good guy who didn't push me to talk if I didn't want to. We were both completely fine sitting in a companionable silence each lost in our separate thoughts. Being around Zack made me forget my pain and sadness for a while. I still missed them like crazy but while I was with Zack I was happy.

" What's on your mind Ellie?" Zack asked as he looked over at me.

"I was just thinking about how being around you makes me happy. I forget for a while that I'm so sad all I want to do is cry. With you I can laugh and have a good time without feeling guilty that I survived and they didn't. "I replied quietly with a small shrug.

"I feel the same way about you Ellie. I'm not sad around you and I smile and want to spend as much time with you as I can. I don't like being at home. I spend too much time thinking but with you I can just have fun and feel good. “Zack finished with a shrug.

"So I guess in a way we are good for each other." I said smiling over at him.

"I guess we are." he smiled, his green eyes sparkling. He reached over and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his middle and buried my face in his chest. He smelt good. Like a mixture of cologne, cigarettes, and underneath that the intoxicating scent of his skin. It was nice being held in Zack’s arms. It felt like forever since I was held. His arms tightened around me and he buried his face in my neck. His breath on my skin tickled and I let out a small giggle. He chuckled and loosened his arms around my middle enough to look me in the eyes. His eyes sparkled as he leaned forward and lightly kissed me on the cheek. I blushed a little and smiled shyly at him.

"What was that for?" I asked shocked.

"For just being you Ellie." He said quietly as he let me go.

"Thank you Zack. That means more than you can imagine.” I said sincerely.

"No problem Ellie."It was quiet for a moment as we let go of each other and settled back on the couch. "So what are we going to do for the rest of the day?" Zack asked as he looked over at me his head resting on the back of the couch.

"I have no idea. I do know that I need to shower and change beforehand. I slept in these clothes and I want fresh ones. "I replied.

"Well how about you go shower and I will figure out what we'll do." Zack said.

"Alright. Make yourself at home. I'll be quick. "I said as I sprinted to my bedroom. I grabbed a towel, clean underwear and ran to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stepped into the warm water. I showered as quickly as possible and stepped out of the shower drying off. I pulled my underwear on and wrapped my towel around myself before stepping out of the bathroom and running to my room before Zack could see me... hopefully. I closed the door and went to my closet to search for some clothes. I found a pair of distressed jeans, a white long sleeved shirt and an Avenged Sevenfold shirt to go over it. I got dressed quickly and found some socks slipping them on before finger brushing my wet hair and walking into the living room. Zack was lying upside down on my couch playing with his iPhone. I walked to the couch and sat beside him.

"Figure something out yet Misfit?" I asked as I pulled one side of my hair into a pigtail braid.

"No." he groaned as he put his phone in his pocket. “I was just texting Brian. The guys want to stop over at my place and hang out for a bit."

“Ok then. I'll just see you some other time. "I said with a shrug as I put the other side of my hair in a pigtail braid.

"You're coming with me." he said as he got up of the couch and looked down at me.

"Huh?" I asked shocked as I looked up at him my unfinished braid forgotten.

"You're coming with me." he repeated as I finished the braid and tied it. "So get your shit and let's go."

"Why do you want me to go with you? Their your friends not mine and they want to spend time with you not me. "I said as he grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet.

"Doesn't matter. I want to spend time with you and it's my house so you’re coming. " he said dragging me to the door and handing me my red chucks. I shook my head and slipped them on and grabbed a fox hoodie and put it on and zipped it up as Zack slid his shoes and sweater on. Once we were ready we walked out my door locking it behind me before taking the elevator down to the lobby. We walked out and got in Zack's car and headed to his house.

As we drove we played eye spy but it was mostly a fail as we soon passed whatever we spied so it wasn't that good of a game. Mostly we just laughed and joked around until we pulled into Zack's driveway. His house was big and nice. We parked and he told me to follow him. We went in the front door and I heard a big and little bark and soon heard loud paws on the floor.

"Ah it's a moose.” I squealed with a laugh as a Great Dane came running into the entrance. "And a puffball." I laughed spotting the little black dog behind it.

"She's not a moose and he's not a puffball." Zack huffed from beside me.

"Oh I'm just kidding. I think they’re so cute. “I cooed as I knelt on the ground and pet the dogs. The Great Dane pushed me over and stood on my chest tying to lick my face while the little black one sniffed my hair and licked it. I was giggling and hiding my face with my arms so they licked my sweater instead.

"Majesty, Icky get off." Zack yelled pulling the Great Dane off me and helping me to stand up.

"Well that was quite an experience." I said with a laugh.

"Sorry about that. They're usually better behaved. They don’t usually jump on people." Zack apologized.

"It's ok. I love animals." I said as I pet the dogs again.

"Well this moose as you said is Majesty and the puffball is Ichabod, Icky for short." Zack said pointing to each dog as he said their name.

“They’re so cute.” I cooed as I knelt on my knees and petted both dogs, their tales waging like crazy.

“Who’s she Zachary?” a voice asked from in front of us.

Both Zack and I looked up to see a pretty blonde girl with short hair standing in the hallway with her arms crossed. She did not look impressed as she looked down her nose at me and glared at Zack. She may have been pretty but right now her personality seemed very ugly.

“Oh Gena this is Elliot. The friend I told you of.” Zacky said as he stepped towards her and reached out to hold her. She just glared at him and stepped out of his reach.

“You never said Elliot was a girl.” She said coldly.

“Well I didn’t think I needed to. Elliot is my friend and she’s been helping me out lately. I told you all this Gena, so I don’t understand why you’re so mad.” Zack said as he grabbed her upper arms to keep her from walking away from him.

“Because you never told me she was a girl, and a fan from the looks of things. She’s just using you. And you’ve been spending all your time with her so I have every reason to be mad. You took off this morning to go see her!” Gena yelled as she pulled out of Zack’s grip and pointed at me and glared at the both of us.

“She is not using me. Ellie is nothing but a good person. And yes I spend a lot of time with her and yes I went to see her this morning but that’s only because every time I want to spend time with you, you always say you’re busy and leave the house. You never want to spend time with me anymore. You’re pushing me away just as I pushed you away in the beginning.” Zack said frustrated with Gena.

“Whatever Zack. I’m not having this conversation with you and your groupie. I have to go to work.” She snarled as she hoisted her purse on her shoulder and walked past me, hitting her shoulder into mine with enough force to make me stumble backwards, before she walked out the door slamming it behind her.

It was quiet for a bit as I stood there shocked and Zack stood there angrily running his hands through his hair.

“Maybe I should just go home.” I said quietly as I moved towards the door.

“What? No stay here. I’m sorry about Gena. I didn’t think she would overreact like that. I did tell her about you so I don’t get why she’s so angry. And the fighting is not your fault. We’ve been fighting for a long time.” Zack explained as he came towards me and grabbed my hand leading me into the house.

“Zack, I don’t want to cause trouble between you and your girlfriend. She obviously doesn’t want me around you so I think it’s best if we just stay away from each other until you’ve sorted things out. Or at least not have house visits anymore.” I said shrugging as I pulled from Zack’s grip and backed away.

“No Ellie. Please don’t leave. I’m sorry about Gena but she can’t tell me I can and cannot be friends with. You’re my friend and I like spending time with you. She can’t take that from me. If she doesn’t like it well to fucking bad.” Zack said as he grabbed my hand and led me farther into the house.

We passed a couple of room until coming to a stop before a big door. He opened it up and pulled me in after him. The room was big and full of instruments. There were mostly guitars along with an old drum set and amps and cords everywhere. There were a few chairs and a couch in the room along with a coffee table littered with notebooks and pens. It had a very comfy feel about the room and instantly I loved it.

“Whoa. This place is cool.” I said in awe as I looked at all the guitars and a few bass guitars.

“Figured you would. I saw the guitar case in your apartment. You play?” he asked as he picked up his ZV guitar.

“No. I never learnt. The guitar was Ethan’s. I couldn’t leave it behind and let his sister pawn it. He loved that guitar.”

“Ah so you like musicians.” Zack joked as I looked over at him and he winked at me.

“I’m a sucker for guitarists. They have magic fingers.” I said with a smirk at Zack.

He looked shocked before bursting into laughter. “Well good to know. Just might have to hold you to that statement Elliot.”

“You can hold me to anything you want Z.” I said trying to keep a straight face. Harmlessly flirting with Zack was fun.

“Are we interrupting Zack?” A voice asked from the door way. We both turned to see Matt, Brian and Johnny standing in the door way. Matt looked at both me and Zack with his eyebrow raised while Brian and Johnny looked confused.

“Not at all. We were just joking around.” Zack said as he sat down on the couch patting the seat beside him for me.

I looked up at Matt and smiled shyly. “Hey Matt.” I said making my way to sit by Zack.

“Hey Elliot. I didn’t know you were going to be here.” He said coming into the room and sitting in an arm chair across from us leaving Johnny and Brian to sit on the other couch.

“Zack kidnapped me. I told him I should just stay home but he literally dragged me out of my apartment.” I said with a sheepish shrug.

“You were at Elliot’s place?” Matt asked frowning turning to look at Zack.

“Yeah. I went over this morning to hang out. I was waiting for her to get out of the shower when Brian texted telling me you guys were coming over. When she was done we came here.” Zack said with a shrug as if it were nothing before putting his arm over the back of the couch behind my head and slightly angling his body toward my own.

Matt frowned at Zack before turning that disapproving stare to me. I felt sorry for Johnny and Brian who looked utterly confused about the whole exchange. I shifted uncomfortable and moved on the couch till Zack’s arms wasn’t directly behind my shoulders. Zack looked over at me with an eyebrow raised and Matt was still frowning.

“I should go. You guys obviously need to talk about things and I’m just in the way. I can show myself out. See you around Zack.” I said getting up from the couch. Before I could make a step away, Zack grabbed my arm and dragged me back down the couch till I was sitting in his lap. I squealed shocked and froze.

“Stay Ellie. I told you I want you here. You’re my friend and the guys and Gena will just have to accept that. We are doing nothing wrong and no one has any reason to be mad with either of us.” Zack said all the while looking at Matt as if daring him to argue.

“I have no problem with the two of you being friends but it doesn’t seem as if that is all that’s going on here.” Matt said reading more into the situation than there was. Upon here this I squirmed out of Zack’s grip and sat on the couch beside him with some space between us.

“No Matt. I’m being completely honest when I say there is nothing like that between me and Zack. I couldn’t- I mean I can’t- I can’t even begin to imagine being with someone else when Eth-“ I had to stop before I broke down crying. The thought of being with anyone other than Ethan filled me with such sadness I thought my chest would break open. I closed my eyes and clutched my chest. I took deep breaths to calm down.

“Shit Ellie. I’m sorry, I just assumed the worst. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to be an ass.” Matt said as he leaned forward and frowned at me.

Zack put his arm around me and pulled me into his side, giving me a side hug and kissing the top of my head. “It’s ok Ellie. I know that’s not what this is about.”

“I’m fine. It’s ok.” I said quietly pulling away from Zack and sitting up straight. I looked straight at Matt and gave him a watery smile. “I understand why you would just assume that. There are enough assholes out there to do just what you thought I was doing. But I’m not like that. Zack’s just a friend and in a weird way we help each other cope. Besides, he’s too old.” I joked, shooting Zack a smile.

“Hey!” Zack said indignantly as Matt chuckled.

“Still I am sorry Ellie. I didn’t mean to offend or hurt you.” Matt said sincerely.

“It ok. Honestly. You didn’t hurt me or offend me. The thought of being with anyone other than Ethan just caught me off guard. It hurts me to even think of it.” I said with a shrug.

“Will someone please explain what’s going on here?” Brian interjected as Johnny nodded agreeing with him.

“Oh shit. Sorry guys. This is Ellie or Elliot. I met her at the Diner and we got to talking and she’ an incredible girl who’s going through the same thing we are kind of and like she said we help each other cope. She moved here three months ago from Canada after an accident. She met Matt when he bumped into her walking down the street. Ellie this is Brian and Johnny.” Zacky explained and introduced us.

“Hi. It’s nice to meet you. Sorry it was under such awkward terms.” I said with a small smile and a wave at the two of them.

“Oh this is the girl you talked about bumping into.” Johnny said as he turned to Matt who nodded his head. “Hello Ellie. Welcome.” He said with a small smile and reaching across the table to shake my hand. I smiled and gladly shook his out stretched hand.

“Hello Elliot.” Brian said with a nod of his head in my direction and a barely there smile.

I nodded back and returned the barely there smile before settling back into the couch and pulling my legs up to sit cross legged.

“You alright?” Zack asked concerned as he looked over at me.

“I’m fine.” I nodded and smiled absentmindedly playing with the ripped hem of my jeans.

“Liar.” Zack stated as he narrowed his eyes at me.

“You’re not supposed to be able to tell. You don’t know me well enough for that.” I said shocked as I stared wide eyed at him

“Well I can tell, and I do know you well enough for that. We may not have known each other long but I can read you just like you can read me. You’re eyes aren’t sparkling anymore.” Zack said as he reached out with his hand and grabbed my chin lightly, tilting it up so he could see my eyes better.

I frowned and pulled out of his grasp. “I’m fine, as fine as I can be.” I said quickly before Zack could interrupt me for lying. “I just think I’m imposing and I don’t want to do that.” I said shrugging as I maintained eye contact.

Zack narrowed his eyes at me before grabbing me in a head lock and giving me a nuggy. “For the last time, you are not imposing. I want you here so that means you are allowed here. My house my rules.” Zack said as I squealed and tried to get out of his grip.

“Zachary let go of me. Don’t make me beat you with my cast.” I growled, my voice slightly muffled from his side.

“You wouldn’t dare.” Zack said confidently before letting me go suddenly casuing me to go flying across the couch.

“You suck Zachary.” I huffed as I sat up and straightened my hair.

“Uh, no my dear that’s your job.” Zack teased.

“Well I never. I am a lady sir and a lady does no such thing.” I said haughtily turning my nose up at Zack.

“Right. If you’re a lady I’m a cross dresser named Candy.” Zack said with a snort as he rolled his eyes.

“Well Zack I never knew you had it in you. I’m sure you look quiet lovely in a dress.” I said with a laugh.

Before Zack could retort with a comeback, Brian interjected. “Hate to break up the moment but we have some things to discuss Zack. In private.” He stressed as he looked at me before shooting Zack a look.

“Oh. Sorry if I’m being a nuisance.” I said standing up from the couch. “I’ll go and let you guys talk business.” I said making my way to the door.

“Elliot whatever your middle and last names are. You are not leaving this house. Just give us a few minutes of privacy and then we can hang out. Stay, chill, make yourself at home. It will only be a little while.” Zack said standing up and looking at me.

“But-“ I started.

“No buts. Stay please. We’ll hang out. I’m not ready to let you go just yet. Wait for me in the living room and I’ll be out as soon as I can. Please.” Zack said as his green eyes bored into my purple ones.

“Fine. I’ll chill with Majesty and Icky.” I said with a smile before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me. I made my way back to the living room and found both dogs sprawled out on the floor. They lifted their heads when they saw me and stated to wag their tails, too lazy to get up and greet me. I smiled before lying down in the middle of the living room carpet. Majesty came and laid beside me, her head on my chest and Icky settled himself on my stomach. I smiled and petted both dogs before becoming lost in my own thought.

What only felt like minuets, but turned out to be almost a half hour later a snide voice interrupted the quiet from the entrance of the living room. “What are you still doing here?”
I lifted up my head startled at the interruption to see Gena standing there with her hands on her hips and her eyes narrowed down at me.

“I was just waiting for Zack to finish talking to the guys. He asked me to wait out here for him.” I said as I picked up Icky and cradled him in my arms as I moved into a sitting position. Majesty quickly followed and sat up placing her head on my shoulder. These dogs were just to cute!

“Well I don’t want you here so please remove yourself from my house.” She said with abvious hatred as she glared down at me.

Inwardly I snarled at her but I kept my mask of politeness on as I stood up. I petted both dogs and gave each a kiss on the head before making my way to the music room.

“Excuse me. Where do you think you are going?” Gena asked obviously angry with me for not talking back to her.

“I’m just going to say goodbye to Zacky then I will leave you alone.” I said turning back to the hallway and making my way to the music room. I knocked on the door and entered when a voice called me in. When the door opened all the guys turned to look at me.

“Hey Ellie. Whats up?” Zack asked.

“I just came to say goodbye. I should be getting back home.” I said by way of explanation.

"You don’t have to leave Ellie.” Zack said as he stood from the couch.

“Yeah I do Zack. I’ll just see you at the diner whenever your in next. It was nice meeting you guys and seeing you again Matt. Bye Zacky.” I said smiling at everyone before looking back at Zack.

“Well at least let me give you a ride Ell. It’s a far walk.” Zack said as he walked towards me.

“No it’s ok. I don’t want to interrupt and really I’m fine with walking.” I said as I waved away his offer.

“I’ll give you a ride.” Brian said as he stood from the couch and walked over to me. “You guys fill me in on what I missed when I get back.”

I shrugged a smile at Zack before he walked over and gave me a quick hug. “See you tomorrow.” He promised letting me go. I said my goodbyes and followed Brian to the front door. Gena saw us walking towards her and openly showed her disdain for me by scoffing and glaring at me. If looks could kill.

I followed Brian out the door and to his car. We got in in silence and he started the car.

“Where do you live?” I gave the name of the apartment building and he began to drive. It was silent during the drive and not a comfortable one either. I wasn’t sure how to take Brian. He didn’t seem to approve of me but he wasn’t rude about it like Gena. I just wasn’t sure where I stood with the guitarist. We arrived in silence at my apartment building and I was grateful.

“Thanks for the ride Brian. I appreciate it.” I said with a forced smile as I made a move to open my door.

“What’s your deal with Zack?” he asked bluntly as I got my door open.

“Sorry?” I asked shocked as I turned back to look at him. He was holding onto the wheel with both hands and his hair was a little messy as if he just slipped out of bed without even fixing it. His clothes were clean but rumpled and his face was tired. He turned his brown eyes to me and I could see the sadness he was trying to hide.

“What’s your deal with Zack? What do you want from him?”

“I don’t want anything from him. He’s just a friend and no one’s more surprised about that then me.” I said shocked that he would ask that.

“Why should I believe that? Why should I believe that you don’t want anything other than friendship from him?” he asked again bluntly as his intense brown eyes bored into my shocked purple ones.

“I guess you can’t. You don’t know me. You have no reason to believe anything but the worst from me. All’s I can give you in assurance is my word that I would never do anything like that to Zack or to anyone for that matter. When I first talked to Zack I never expected it to be anything other than an exchange in diner small talk. I never imagined that he would ask me to sit and then kidnap me, to show me what Huntington had to offer. But he did and somehow we became friends because of that. Zack is a good person and I appreciate everything he has done for me so far. He helps me to cope with my loss and he said I help him. Sure we’re pretty much strangers but we help each other. I would never do anything to hurt Zack or those around him. I don’t want to push my way in and if that’s what it seems like I’m doing I am sorry because that is not what I’m trying to do. You’re the second person who’s pretty much asked me to stay away and I don’t want to cause trouble among friends or loved ones.” I explained with honesty and hurt feelings. I was not a bad person but everyone was so quick to believe it.

“Zack’s pushed everyone away but you. One moment he brings us back in a bit and then he pushes us out again. He needs his family and friends right now, not some stranger.” Brian said looking at me.

I stared back at him and nodded once before sighing. “I’m not trying to steal him from you. I’m only trying to help him. I lost the two people I love most and the only people I had really, three months ago and Zack has been helping me deal without even realizing it. He told me I was doing the same for him. He also said he was pushing his family away and he felt like an asshole. He doesn’t want to hurt anyone any more than they already are. It seems me being around Zack is just causing problems for those around him. I never wanted to do that. I’ll leave him be if that what everyone wants. You all mean more to him than some stranger.” I said trying to keep the tears out of my voice.

“Ellie-“ Brian started.

“Tell Zack I’m sorry for causing trouble, I never meant to. And tell him thank you for everything and that I said goodbye. Bye Brian thanks for the ride.” I said quickly as I got out of the vehicle and closed the door behind me before running into the apartment lobby.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have nothing agaisn Gena. im sure she's a nice person but for the purpose of my story i needed her to be bitchy. Also Brian isn't an asshole in the story he's jut protective of his friends, even more now that they lost one way to soon. I hope everyone likes it and i will try to update again soon.