Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Seven

The moment I was in the lobby I headed for the stairs. I was angry and hurt and crying and I figured taking four flights of stairs would give me enough time to pull myself together before Joe or Sam saw me. I wasn't mad at Brian I understood he was just looking out for his friend. What made me angry was that they all assumed that I was a bad person and wanted something from Zack. I wasn't some crazy stalker person who was trying to push myself on him. I was just genuinely worried and I cared for him. He was going through the same thing as me pretty much and we could both relate to each other. We helped each other but no one was seeing that. They all just assumed I was some home wrecking whore.

By the time I got to my apartment door I had stopped the tears and I has calmed down slightly. I let myself into my apartment and flopped onto my couch, curling up with a blanket and turned the tv on for some noise. I planned on taking a loooooong nap.

When I woke up it was just after seven and I was starving. I made myself get off my comfy couch and head toy kitchen. I searched in my fridge till I found some leftover Chinese food and heated it up. Since it was just me there was no point in cooking anything special. I turned off the tv and instead turned on my laptop to play music while I cleaned. I quickly ate the food before slipping on some sweats and untying my braids and pulling the wavy hair into a messy bun. I let my iTunes play on shuffle and started to clean. Cleaning didn't give you much time to think as you focused solely on the task at hand and that's what I did. By the time my apartment was spotless it was 9:00pm and I had no idea what to do with my time. I killed some time by messing around on the internet before deciding to go back to sleep. I changed into some pjs and crawled into my bed once again crying myself to sleep.

I awoke the next morning feeling tired and sore and not at all wanting to get out of my warm bed. I begrudgingly for out of bed and walked into the bathroom washing my face free of tear stains. I put some fuzzy socks on overt cold feet and walked into my kitchen. Just as I was about to pour a bowl of captncrunch there was a knock on my door. I put the cereal down and walked to my door. I opened it up and Sam came zooming into the room with a blanket on his back like a cape and making whooshing noises.

"Hey Ellie. I was wondering if you could watch him for a few hours while I work. I picked up your shifts for some extra cash and you'd really be helping me out." Joe said as she stood in my doorway.

"Of course Joe. You know I love watching Sammy. We'll have some fun." I assured with a smile.

"Thank you so much Hun. Sammy baby come here and say bye." Joe called. Sam ran to he and she hugged him telling him to be good and stay out of trouble. We promised we would and Joe left for work. I made the two of us a bowl of cereal and we settled on the couch to watch cartoons.

"Hey aunt Ellie where's Zacky?" Sam asked around a mouthful of cereal.

"Don't talk with your mouthful Sammy. And Zacky's at home I guess. " I said wiping spilt milk from his chin.

"Will he be over today?" He asked staring up at me with his big blue eyes.

"No little man. I don't think we will be seeing much of Zack anymore." I said sadly.

"Did he hurt you cause if he did I'm gonna kick his butt. He said I could if he hurts you."Sammy asked ready to go after Zack.

"No Hun he didn't hurt me. He's just a busy person and is with his friends and family. " I smiled and said as a way of explanation.

"But your his friend to right?"

"Yes I am but I'm not as close to him as his other friends and they need him right now so that's where he is. Come on eat up and we will play some games.” Sam and I finished breakfast and then we settled down to play some Plants VS Zombies on Xbox. Joe was not impressed when I showed him the game but he loved it so we played it a lot when he was over. We played that and a few other games till lunch and when that was done we watched a movie until Sam fell asleep sprawled out on my floor with a blanket and pillow.

I was in the middle of an intense game of Plants VS Zombies when there was a knock on the door. Jumping at the sudden noise and growling when my plant got eaten I pressed pause and ran for my door. Before I opened it I could hear voices on the other side.

"Remind me why you tagged along Jonny." Zacks muffled voice came from the other side of the door.

"Cause I didn't get to meet her for long and from your stories she's a cool girl so I want to get to know her." Johnny's muffled voice replied.

"You just think she's hot." Zack retorted.

"That's beside the point. I love Lacey and would never cheat on her. Besides I think you'd rip my head off of I ever made a move for Elliot." Johnny replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Zack asked confused.

"Everybody can tell Zack. You like the girl."

"It's not like that though. Yes Ell is an amazing girl and I do care for her but not like that. Besides she quite a bit younger than me.” Zack replied.

"Yeah she's closer to my age." Johnny joked before a heard a thump and a muffled ow. I opened my door causing the two of them to jump and look shocked at being caught.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"We came to visit. You left early yesterday and we hardly got to spend time together and I wanted to hang out again. And Johnny wanted to come along." Zack explained rubbing the back of his neck.

"Didn't Brian pass on my message?" I asked.

"He did and I told him he had no right to do that and that I was free to be friends with whomever I pleased." Zack said with an edge to his voice

"I don't want to cause trouble Z and that's seems to be what I'm doing when I'm around you." I sighed.

"Yeah we'll they can fuck off and but out." Zack practically growled shocking me.

"Zacky swore Ellie. He needs soap." Sammy's voice said from behind us. I turned to see Sammy standing there with his arms crossed and starring sternly at Zack.

“Oh no please Sir Sam. No soap. I beg of you have mercy.” Zack pleaded as he got on his knees in front of Sammy and begged him.

“Zacky!” Sammy squealed laughing as he threw himself at Zack and tackled him to the floor in a hug.

“Whoa little man don’t crush him.” I laughed as Zack hugged Sammy and stood up with him still in his arms.

“You said Zacky wasn’t gonna be around anymore Ellie.” Sam said as he turned his pouty eyes towards me.

“Well I thought he wasn’t going to. But Zack keeps surprising me.” I said as I moved away from the door and let them into my apartment.

“So what were you two up to before we got here?” Johnny asked as he settled into my only arm chair.

“Sammy was napping and I was playing an intense game of Plants VS Aliens.” I said as I sat back on the couch and resumed my game. “Die Zombie Die.”

“You’re crazy Aunty Ellie.” Sammy laughed as Zack sat on the couch and he climbed into his lap. The two of them looked mighty cute together. Zack’s good with kids. He’d be a great dad one day I thought trying to hide my smile.

“You’re his Aunt. I thought he was your kid.” Johnny said confused.

“I don’t have any kids. Joe his mom is my neighbor and friend and she and Sammy are like my only family here in Huntington besides John and Anna the diner owners who pretty much took me in. I’m very grateful to them.” I said as I planted my garden and killed Zombies.

“Can I play Aunty? Please?” he asked pinning me with his puppy dog gaze.

“Damn. I never should have taught you that look.” I said as I sighed and handed over my controller. Sammy just smiled smugly and got completely engrossed in the game.

“Kid’s got you whipped.” Zack teased as he looked at me over Sammy’s head.

“Please. Have you seen how cute this kid is? He can have anyone whipped in a manner of minutes.” I said with a smile before kissing Sammy’s head affectionately.

“Aunt Ellie I’m concentrating.” He grumbled.

“Oh sorry Sir Sam.” I huffed playfully before looking at the guys. “So anything I can get you guys?”

“Nah we just came to chill.” Zack said as he settled into my couch.

“Well make yourselves at home. Help yourself to whatever’s in the cupboards or fridge when you get hungry.” I said as I got off the couch and cleaned up Sammy’s bed on the floor. I folded the blankets and stuck them in the hall closet. When I came back into the living room Zack and Johnny were looking at the photos on my wall where Ethan’s guitar was.

“I’m guessing this is Ethan?’ Zack asked as he pointed to a picture of me and Ethan. I was standing in front of Ethan and he had his arms around me and we were both looking at each other and smiling.

“Yeah that’s him. The woman in the other pictures is my mom Alice. I miss them both so much.” I said as I placed my fingertips on a picture of the three of us.

“Zack told me what happened. I’m sorry Ellie.” Johnny said quietly as he looked at me. I smiled sadly at him and wiped away a stray tear. Johnny surprised me by pulling me into a hug. It felt different to finally hug someone the same height as you. I smiled and hugged Johnny back. He gave good hugs. We soon pulled away and smiled at each other.

“Thanks Johnny.”

“Not a problem Ellie. You give good hugs.” He chuckled.

“I was thinking the same of you.” I laughed as I shook my head.

“Damn it!” Sammy yelled from behind us as he stomped his little foot.

“Excuse me Mister Sam. What was that, that just came out of your mouth?” I asked as I turned to him and crossed my arms, trying my best to imitate Joe’s mom voice. Apparently I did a good job because Sam looked and at me and hung his head.

“I’m sorry aunt Ellie. I didn’t mean to. It just slipped out.” He apologized.

“It’s ok. Just don’t say it again or let your mom catch you saying that.” He nodded as he turned back to the game and continued to play.

“Whoa. Nice mom voice. Almost had me feeling ashamed for swearing.” Zack teased as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

“I’ve been practicing.” I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

“That’s it. I give up. Stupid Zombies.” Sam grumbled as he shut off the game and cleaned up the cases and controllers. “Can we play Prince and Princess now aunt Ellie? We have more people now.” Sam asked looking at the three of us.

“I don’t think Johnny and Zacky would like to play that game Sammy.”

“Say’s you. We’d love to play Sir Sam. Tell us what to do.” Zack said as he knelt down to Sam’s level. Me and Johnny looked over at each other before shrugging and joining Zack and Sam.

“Ok Ellie this time Johnny is going to be Lord Hornville, and Zacky is going to be the Prince and you Ellie will be the Princess and I will be Sir Sam who’s on Lord Hornville’s side. We have to kidnap the Princess and the Prince has to save her.” Sam explained to all of us.

“Why do we want the Princess?” Johnny asked confused.

“So you can rule the Enchanted Kingdom instead of me and my Prince.” I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Makes sense.” Johnny said with a shrug. “Alright Zack time to save your Princess.” He said as he made a grab for me.

I squealed and ran around my apartment away from Johnny and Sam. Zack ran to the kitchen and came back with a wooden spoon and a pot lid as a sword and shield. “You shall never have my Princess.” He threatened.

Sam and Johnny grabbed pencils from the coffee table and held them like magic wands “Give us the princess and we shall let you live.” Johnny threatened.

“Never!” Zack yelled grabbing me by the waist and pushing me behind him and Sam ran into the kitchen and came back with two wooden spoons for him and Johnny. They faced Zack and an epic sword fight began. I was laughing so hard I tripped over my own feet casuing Zack to fall with me.

“Now we shall take your Princess and kill you.” Sam said as he grabbed my arm with his little hands and pulled.

“No! Don’t kill my Prince. Save me Prince Zacky.” I squealed with laughter.

“You can’t take my Princess from me you evil lords. I shall save you Princess.” Zack declared standing up and sword fighting Johnny with Sam soon joining him. God are we ever a bunch of over grown children.

“What in the world is going on here?” Joe asked from the door way looking confused at the unusual sight in front of her. Zack had me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes with one hand holding my legs and the pot lid/ shield and the other hand was holding his sword/ spoon which were holding off Johnny and Sam’s spoons/swords from reaching either of us.

“Playing save the Princess.” I explained from over Zack’s shoulder.

“Who’s Lord Hornville this time?” Joe asked dropping her purse on the bench by the door.

“I am.” Johnny said with a small pink tinge to his cheeks.

“Ah. And I take it Ellie is the Princess and Zack is the Prince but who does that make you my boy?” Joe asked her son.

“I’m Sir Sam. I’m on Johnny’s side. Will you play mommy? You can be Lady Jolene the greatest sorceress in the kingdom.” Sammy said excitedly.

“Oh of course I will my Sir Sam.” Joe said as she grabbed a hairbrush from her purse and used it as a wand. “You’re going down Princess.” She taunted.

“Eat me.” I said lifting myself up from Zack’s shoulder so I could see her.

“Oh my dear I don’t swing that way. But I know someone who would gladly take you up on that offer.” She smirked as she winked at both me and Zack.

“Jolene!” I yelled embarrassed that she would say something like that.

“Ah ah ah. That’s Sorceress Jolene to you Princess.” She teased as she reached over and slapped my butt.

“Joe!” I growled as the guys laughed at me. “That’s it. Zack put me down. This Sorceress is gonna get what’s coming to her.” I grumbled as I tried to get out of his grip. He just tightened his hold on me and adjusted me on his shoulder.

“No can do Princess. I must protect you at all costs.” He said chuckling as he resumed the sword fight.

For the next few hours we completely lost track of time and played like we were in an Enchanted Kingdom. It was the most fun I had in ages. Johnny was great and so was Zack. Both were incredible men and I was so glad to have them as friends. It may have only been a few hours but already Johnny felt like an older brother and it felt like I had known him and Zack forever. It was effortless and fun to be around them. I didn’t feel sad with them around. For those few hours I forgot to be sad and instead learnt to live again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's a shor chapter but its an update and i'm hoping you all like it. I know i do. I thought it was adorable and a good way to bring Johnny into the story more. This chapter and pretty much beside the first few are dedicated too:
ewthatscute
alive again;
koschka
for the great comments and love on this story. I have 73 readers, 27 subscribers and 4 comments and i only started this story on the third. I'm glad people are loving it as much as i do.