Status: A Work In Progress, slow updates

Saviour in a Misfit's Disguise

Chapter Nine

I awoke the next morning around 11am completely stiff and sore. My eyes hurt and felt puffy my nose was stuffed and my throat was killing me. Not the makings of a good day. I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled into my shower to relax my sore muscles. After I washed I stood under the water for a long time trying not to think of the hurt. I heard a loud knock on my front door and knew instantly who it was.

"Go away Zack. Go away." I murmured as the water fell on me.

The knocking continued for a few minutes before it was quiet again. I sighed and got out of the shower. I dried off and trudged back to my room to find some clothes. I put on some underwear and found a pair of green skinnies and slipped them on. I then found a black T-shirt with a green zombie and the word brains on it. I let my hair air dry and grabbed all my dirty clothes into a laundry bag. I walked to my door and pulled on my black boots with the buckles and my black leather jacket. I grabbed my purse my keys and the clothes bag and left my apartment. I took the elevator to the lobby and made my way outside and to my car. The only drawback to the apartment was that it didn't have a laundry room in the basement. I got in my old car and made the short drive to the Laundromat.

Once I got to the building I quickly found an empty washer and dumped my close in. Once the load was on I sat on top of the washer and grabbed a book from my purse. I was in the middle of a good chapter when someone clears their throat to gain my attention. I looked up in surprise to see a pretty girl with dark hair and brown eyes looking at me.

"Are you Elliot Winslow?" she asked as she looked at me

"Yes. Who are you may I ask?" I replied looking at her in confusion.

"I'm Lacey, Johnny's girlfriend. He told me all about you." She said with a smile.

"Oh. Well hi. It's nice to meet you." I said with a genuine smile glad that she wasn't like Gena.

"It's nice to meet you too. Johnny came home last night and he couldn't stop talking about you and Sam. He really cares for you already." she said with a genuine smile.

"I'm flattered. Johnny's like an older brother to me already. It's nice to know that he cares." I said with a small blush on my cheeks.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner tonight. I know Johnny would like to see you again and I’d like the chance to get to know you better." She offered with a smile.

"Oh well-"

"Please Elliot. It would mean a lot to Johnny and I." she said trying to convince me.

"I'd love too." I said with a smile as I for off the wash machine.

"Great. This is our address. Come by around 7:30. See you then Elliot." she said handing me a peice of paper with their address before she walked out the door.

"Bye." I whispered as I looked after her slightly shocked. I stuck the paper in my pocket and climbed back on top of the washer to read my book. For the next little while I washed and dried my clothes. One all the clothes were all done I stuffed them back in the clothes bag and headed back to my car.

I knew money was going to be tight for me for a while and since I couldn't work at the diner for a while I decided it would be a good idea to look for another job. I got in my car and drove down PC Highway looking for any help wanted signs. I was fortunate enough to pass a record store with such a sign. I parked my car got out and made my way into the store. The moment I stepped in I was in heaven. None other than Avenged Sevenfold was playing through the speakers, the walls were lined with guitars and band posters, there were isles for all genres of music and there was a cute guy behind the counter. I walked up to the counter and gave the guy a small smile. He was about 6 ft. even with black hair in a fringe fashion, he had gauges in his ears and two monroe's and pretty blue eyes. He was slight but had evident muscle tone in his tattooed arms and chest. He was wearing a dark purple V-neck t-shirt and black skinnies. He smiled at me as I came to a stop in front of the counter.

"Anything I can help you with today?" he asked with a deep voice that surprised me.

"Actually I saw the help wanted sign as was wondering if I could apply for the job." I said with a smile and a shrug.

"Sure. Though the broken wrist might be a draw back.” he said with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah I figured as much. I'm taking time off from my other job because I'm pretty much useless at a diner but I was hoping to find something else that might work out." I said with a sigh as I ran my good hand through my hair.

"Well luckily we were just looking for a cashier and someone to stock the shelves. That should be manageable with a broken wrist." he said as he pulled out an application and handed it to me. "Fill this out quick and I'll bring it to my manager."

"Thanks." I said taking the form and quickly filling it out.

"Alright. I'll just bring it to the back. If you want to hang around for a few minutes, he'll come out and talk to you once he's read it." I nodded in agreement and went to browse the shelves while he headed to the back. I was browsing through the Electronica section when the guy came over to me with an older man following him. This man was about in his mid 40’s with salt and pepper short hair, he wore blue jeans and an old Metallica t-shirt and motorcycle boots. His arms were covered in tattoos and he looked like he could bench press two of me. Needless to say I was a little intimidated.

“Elliot Winslow?” he asked coming to a stop in front of me.

“Yes Sir.” I replied sticking out my hand for him to shake.

“I’m Jake, the owner of the store. It’s nice to meet you.” He said as he gave me a firm handshake that I returned. He raised an eyebrow in approval and smiled down at me. “Nice to meet a girl who knows how to shake hands properly.”

“My dad always told me you can tell how honest and trustworthy a person is by their handshake. He taught me how to do it properly.” I said with a chuckle and a smile.

“Smart man. Ty said you’re looking for work?” he said getting down to business.

“Yes Sir. I work full time at a diner but because I broke my wrist a few days ago their giving me time off. Only I can’t exactly afford the time off so I was looking for a job that didn’t require a lot of lifting and whatnot. Once I’m healed enough to work at the diner again I was hoping I could do part time on both jobs. The extra money will help me out a lot.” I said in explanation.

“Well it just so happens that we are in desperate need off a cahier. The girl we had up and quit with no notice or explanation. Do you have any experience as a cashier?” he asked.

“Yes at the diner I work at now and back home all through high school I worked at a music store.”

“Perfect. When can you start?”

“Oh. Well now?” I said in the form of a question shocked that I was hired on the spot.

“Perfect. Ty will show you the ropes and give you a name tag and all that jazz. We don’t have a uniform here so as long as you’re dressed appropriately we won’t have a problem.”

“Thank you Sir.” I said smiling up at him.

“It’s just Jake, no Sir for me Elliot. Welcome to the family.” He said clapping me on the back and leading me to the guy at the front. “Ty show her the ropes. I have to leave for a bit so she’s all yours.” He said to the cute guy before turning and walking out of the store.

“Welcome to the family.” Ty said with a smirk like smile.

“Thanks. I think I’m going to like it here.” I said with a smile.

“It’s a pretty sweet place to work at. The employee discount it pretty awesome as well.” He grinned as he hopped over the counter instead of walking around it. “Follow me and we will get you a name tag” he said leading me to a small back office. He rummaged in a drawer until he came out with a little name tag thingy. “It’s Elliot right?” he asked as he got out a labeler and started spelling my name.

“Yea that or Ellie. Whichever is easier.” I said with a shrug.

“Well I already spelt Elliot. That’s a pretty rad name for a girl.” He said as he pulled it out of the labeler and placed it onto my name tag and handed it to me.

“Thanks. What’s Ty short for? Tyler?” I asked as I pinned the name tag to my shirt.

“No its short for Tylan. My parents were pretty weird.” He said with a shrug as we walked back to the front.

“I like it. It’s different.”

“Thanks. You new to Huntington?” he asked as we went behind the counter.

“Yeah I moved here three months ago…well almost four months.”

“Cool. You liking it?”

“Yeah it’s great. I’ve met some really awesome people.” I said smiling thinking of Zack , Johnny, Joe and Sam and Anna and John.

“Yeah it’s a pretty great place. Can I ask how old you are?” he said as he frowned a little at me.

“I’m 21.”

“Seriously? You look younger.” He said shocked.

“Honest. I’m 21. How old di you think I was?” I said with a laugh.

“I though around 18-19.” He said with a laugh.

“Nope. How old are you?”

“I’m same age as you.” He said smiling.

“Cool. All the people I know here are older than me by quite a few years except my one friend’s son so it’s kind of refreshing to know someone my own age.” I said smiling up at him.

“Yeah it must be. Now you’ll have someone to hang out with your own age. Well if you want to that is.” He said with a small shy smile.

“I’d love to. I like making new friends.”

“Awesome. Alright I’ll show you the ropes and then I’ll leave you up here while I stock shelves. If you need help after I showed you just holler and I’ll come save you.” He said with a teasing smile.

I just smiled at him and for the next little bit he gave me the rundown of the store. Ty was a cool guy who was goofy, flirty and cocky all in one. He was definitely charming and we got along insanely well in the first few hours of working together. It was 3:30 and I was standing around the cash register and Ty was stocking shelves and the store was dead. There was a break in the music and all of a sudden my stomach growled loud enough for Ty to hear. I looked down at my stomach shocked before laughing.

“Was that your stomach?” Ty asked shocked as he looked over at me.

“Yeah. I didn’t have anything to eat all day and my stomach is mad at me.” I said laughing at his shocked expression.

“Jesus it sounded like a fricken lion.” He exclaimed as he walked over to me and leaned against the front of the counter.

“It did sound pretty ferocious.” I agreed with a smile.

“Well I’m feeling pretty hungry myself, I skipped out on lunch. How bout I go grab us something from McDonalds quick and bring it back here. That way your stomach will stop being mad at you.” He said with a smirk.

“Oh I will definitely take you up on that offer.” I said nodding my head in agreement.

“Alright. I’ll be back in about 10-15 minutes. Think you can handle it?”

“God I hope so.” I said putting my hands in a little prayer motion.

“You’ll be fine love. I’ll be back,” he said chuckling before walking out of the store. I stared after him shocked that he called me love, but surprisingly enough I was ok with it. He was just that kinda guy.

I stood fiddling with the things on the counter for about nine minutes when I heard the door chime signaling a new customer. I looked up to see Brian enter the store with his wife Michelle. She was pretty like Val but she had brown hair instead of blonde. Brian was wearing his signature fedora with black jeans and a white V-neck shirt and Michelle was wearing nice blue jeans and a long sleeve purple v neck shirt. They were holding hands and heading my way. They were looking at each other and talking so they didn’t see me until they stopped in front of the counter and looked at me.

“Elliot.” Brian said shocked as he gazed at me behind the counter. “What are you doing here?”

“I work here. Just started. Anything I could help you with Sir.” I said politely. It was a little difficult seeing as all I wanted to do was punch him in the gut and tell him he was a dick, but that wouldn’t be too nice.

“Babe?” Michelle asked frowning at him before looking at me with raised eyebrows.

“OH, this is Elliot, the girl that Zack ditches us for. The one I told you of.” He said as he waved a hand in my direction.

“Oh.” She said with a disapproving look in my direction.

I sighed and shook my head. “I bet you made it sound like I wanted Zack for myself, that I was trying to take him from all of you.” I said with a slight scoff.

“He did actually.” Michelle said frowning at Brian.

“That’s not the case. But I don’t expect you to believe me. Zack’s just a friend. We don’t have those feeling for each other but your husband doesn’t believe that so he asked me to stay away from Zack. And to keep the peace I will do just that. The last thing I want to do is cause trouble among Zack’s friends.” I said telling her the truth.

“Oh you’re the girl Gena was talking about. The home wrecker.” Michelle said raising an eyebrow at me.

“I knew you wouldn’t believe me. That’s ok. I know the truth and that’s all that matters. Now is there anything I can help either of you with?” I asked flashing them a polite smile even though I felt hurt and angry on the inside.

“I ordered special string for my guitar through the store and I was wondering if they came in yet.” Brian said keeping eye contact with me almost like a challenge.

“I’ll go check in the back to see if they came in. I’ll be right back.” I said before walking from behind the counter and going into the back office. Once I got in there I searched the shelves until I found a small package with the name Brian Haner Jr on it. Grabbing the package I headed back to the front. I got to the counter just as Ty walked back inside with our food and drinks.

“Here’s your package Sir.” I said as I set it on the counter. “You just have to fill out a small form saying that you received the package.” I said as I reached under the front counter and pulled out the form handing it to him with a pen.

“Look at that, didn’t even need my help after all.” Ty said smiling as he came to stand with me behind the counter. He caught sight of Brian and Michelle and his eyes widened in surprise before he caught himself and smiled politely.

“Not yet I don’t. Thank you so much for the food. If I had to wait until 7:30 tonight I would have died of starvation.” I said sipping my drink.

“What’s at 7:30?” Ty asked in curiosity before sipping his drink.

“My friend Johnny and his girlfriend invited me to dinner tonight.” I said with a shrug. Upon hearing Johnny’s name Brian’s head shot up and he stared at me in accusation.

“Problem Sir?” I asked politely.

“I thought I told you to stay away from my friends.” Brian said in a calm tone.

“You asked me to stay away from Zack, not Johnny. Besides it was Lacey who came up to me and asked me over. I had every intention of staying away but she wouldn’t take no for an answer. Both she and Johnny have no problem with me. It’s only you and Gena that have an issue with me being around, well and I guess your wife.” I said with a shrug as I took a fry and nibbled on it.

“I meant what I said. I don’t want you around. I don’t want to see you with my friends.” Brian said forcefully to me.

“Then I suggest you turn the other way when I’m around. Have a nice day Sir.” I said handing him his package and taking the form from him. I turned away from them and faced Ty who looked shocked and confused.

“Babe just leave it.” Michelle said taking Brian’s hand and dragging him from the store.
Once the door was closed behind them it was quiet for a full five second before Ty burst out with questions.

“What the hell was that all about? You know Synyster Gates? Your friends with Johnny Christ and Zacky Vengeance? You’re having dinner with Johnny Christ and his girlfriend? How fricken lucky are you?” he fired off all in one breath.

“Whoa calm down. Yes I know the guys of Avenged Sevenfold but unfortunately I’m only friends with Zack and Johnny. Matt I’m not too sure about. He’s not rude to me like Brian but he’s not friendly like Zack and Johnny. Michelle doesn’t like me it seems and I only met Val briefly, Gena hates me and Lacey seems to like me.” I explained with a shrug.

“Wow. I still think you’re lucky though.” Ty commented as he dug into his food. “I’d love to know them. Why is Synyster Gates an ass to you? And Gena?”

“Gena thinks I’m trying to steal Zack from her because we spend a lot of time together. When I went over to his place she freaked on the both of us. Brian doesn’t trust me. He thinks I’m just some crazy fan who is trying to manipulate Zack into liking me. Take advantage of him I guess. He’s just looking out for his friend. Their all so sad and worried about each other right now. I get where Brian’s coming from but it doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.” I said with a sigh as I ate my French fries.

“Wow. Brian’s kind of a dick.” Ty commented dryly before taking a bite of his cheese burger.

“Yes he is.” I agreed with a laugh.

“But like you said I can see where he’s coming from because there are enough assholes who would try to manipulate their way into those guy’s lives right now. It’s sick really. But you don’t seem like that kind of person.” Ty said pulling himself up onto the counter facing out toward the store.

“That’s because I’m not. I care for Zack and Johnny as friends nothing more, but Brian refuses to see that.’ I said sitting on the counter so I was facing Ty.

“Then he’s a dick. I just lost some respect for my favorite guitarist.” He said shaking his head sadly.

“Yeah I hear ya.” I said finishing my fries.

It was quiet before we heard the door chime again. I turned to see Jake walking back into the store. He saw us sitting on the counters and walked over.

“So how is it going so far?” he asked as he came and leaned his elbows on the counter.

“Pretty good. I didn’t screw up yet. Oh and Brian Haner came and picked up his package. I got him to fill out the form like Ty showed me. Here.” I said handing him the form.

“Great to hear. You didn’t go fan girl on him did you?” he asked with a wink and a chuckle.

“Not the first time I’ve met him.” I said with a shrug and a small smile.

“Well hows that for luck. He’s a nice guy. So it’s going ok then?” he asked as he leaned back up, not noticing that Ty and I both scoffed when he said Brian was a nice guy.

“Yeah it’s going good Boss. Fry?” Ty asked holding out his fry box to Jake.

“Sure. Elliot you can leave here at 7. We’re closing early tonight anyway so Ty can walk you through it all.” He said taking a few fries before heading back to his office.

“Nice guy my ass.” Ty scoffed as he hopped off the table and balled up his garbage and stuck it back in the McDonalds bag. I did the same with mine but I still had half a cheese burger and half a drink.

“I’m sure he is to other people. I’ve heard from people who’ve met them that he’s nice. But I guess only to certain people.” I said shaking my head and hopping off the counter.

“Yeah well he’s an asshole and you don’t deserve to be treated that way. You’re not doing anything wrong.” Ty said as he flung an arm over my shoulder. The height difference between us was almost comical. “You’re short.” He said smirking down at me.

“I am not. I’m fun sized.” I huffed with my arms crossed.

“Fun Sized! I love it.” Ty laughed as he let go of me and went back to stocking shelves.

I just laughed as I finished my burger and threw out the garbage. I had a feeling I was going to like working here.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's a little shor but it's an update. Almost double digits! Eeep.
I also introduced two more characters. It's gonna be difficult to keep em all straight.
But they have a purpose i assure you...well Ty more than Jake.
and a big huge thanks to the people who comment beause they make me want to updte so fast :)
ewthatscute
alive again;
koschka
xMandiblesx
baybiepnay
Through-the-Night
PenguinsAndMeth
KeepFaithInTheWorld

Thank you so much for the love! <3
103 readers, 36 subsricbers and 15 comments. That's love :p
5 Stars! i squeed when i saw that :p