Give Into Me

Give Into Me

Emma breathed in and out as she smoothed out her green dress that made her eyes pop; it has been far too long since she has worn a dress. Biting her lip, she glanced back at her friend that was getting ready just like she was “You sure this isn’t much?”

The red head that was standing near the bed wearing a tight black dress looked at her best friend for the last three years. “Yes, Em. You look fantastic” the two have been friends since they both enrolled in the Army Reserves, because of the red head, Tinsel, has made being in the army so much easier to handle.

Tinsel walked over to Emma as she zipped up the green dress as she fluffed the girl’s curled blond hair; she wasn’t used to all the primping or getting dress up for any occasion except the military balls that they hold once a year. Finally being out of the reserves was a huge relief for Emma even if she enjoyed her job, but she had a stronger passion.

That was creative writing; she was currently working on getting her Bachelor’s at Cal State Long Beach while she owned her own bakery close by. So wearing a dress, it was a bit more uncomfortable to say at least. What made her feel better is that most of the girls in the ball felt the exact same way as her.

Gazing in the mirror to see the light make up that she had on after refusing to get a full on make over from Tinsel they were finally ready. Grabbing her purse and putting her silver ring back on her right ring finger that she had since she left for the army; they drove to the ball not expecting the turnaround events for the evening.

When they walked into the beautiful building that they rented out for the evening, Emma was always surprised at how they always out do themselves each and every year. Usually, the balls were something that she looked forward to but this year. She was more than excited as she scanned the room seeing if she recognized anyone.

A few months before, Emma had written to Kellan Lutz’s publicist saying that it would mean the world to her if he was her date for the night. It would just make her so happy if that happened, she always looked up to him and watching his movies religiously had her develop a tiny crush on him. Okay, it was more than a tiny crush but she did have strong feelings for him.

She nibbled on her lip as she exhaled softly when she felt Tinsel’s pale hand pat her back softly telling her to relax and try to enjoy the night. Tinsel knew how much Kellan showing up would mean to Emma but she had to be realistic that not every dream would come true. It was a small chance that something like that would happen to her.

Just because a few of the army reserves got their wishes didn’t mean that the blond headed girl would get her own. Emma tried to enjoy herself as she chatted with her colleagues at the ball; she was smiling and having a good time and her hopes of meeting the person that she had the urge to see that night was fading.

Maybe this just wasn’t meant to be, she thought.

It was always her luck that nothing really happened her way, it would always take her extra time to finish things or accomplish what she set out to do. The one thing that she was though was being persistent, she never gave up on her dreams and she would keep pursuing them until she reached her goal.

“Emma” the soft voice of her friend Tinsel grabbed her attention as she spun around seeing the red head with a smirk on her face, waving her over.

She furrowed her brows as she excused herself from the group she was with, walking over to her friend that looked a bit creepy at the moment. “What?” tilting her head worried that her dear friend was already drunk.

“Guess who I found?” Tinsel sang with a bright smile.

“W-” she froze when her forest green eyes were glued to the man that was standing right behind her friend. How could she not see him? Her mouth slowly dropped as her eyes slightly got bigger from the sheer shock of the brown haired man in front of her.

He gave her a friendly smile as he stepped closer to her, “You must be Emma Hamilton, and I’m-”

“Kellan Lutz…I know who you are…what are you doing here?” she asked dumbfounded, totally forgetting that letter that she sent all those months ago.

Tinsel shook her head as she nudged her friend, “Remember the letter that you sent?”

“Oh”

The red head looked back at Kellan with an apologetic smile, “Sorry about my friend, she is a bit shell shocked”

Kellan laughed, “I can see that. Emma” he started off as she looked at him with wonder in her eyes, to say that she had strong feelings for him was nothing to what she was feeling at the moment. Her stomach was twisted in knots as the butterflies fluttered in her stomach around the knots that were forming.

He offered his arm, “Care to join me?”

She opened her mouth to respond but nothing came out so she tried again as she croaked, “Okay” heat flashed across her face as her arm linked with his own burly one. He was even more muscular in person, she bit her lip as he escorted her to the table that they were assigned. Pulling her chair out for her, she offered him a smile as she sat down, “Thank you”

“You’re welcome” he sat down himself before he looked at her “Before I say anything else I just wanted to say, thank you for serving our country. It takes a lot of courage to be in the army and I appreciate what you did”

Emma was taken aback. It was rare when someone would come up to her and share their gratitude of appreciation at how many soldiers serve for the country willingly. Her pink lips stretched out into a smile as she muttered, “Thank you for saying that. It means a lot to me”

She stayed silent before she started to toy with her ring listening to what Kellan had to say; he was very animated when he talked and the way he smiled made her want to smile as well. Then she had more courage to talk she couldn’t help but voice how shocked she was that he actually showed up to the ball as her date.

“It was the least I could do. You sacrificed so much and the letter that you sent was heart felt I just had to meet you in person”

This man was going to be the death of her as her cheeks were tinted red once again; the whole night they spent talking while Emma was opening up more to the man that was in front of her. She didn’t talk as much as Kellan did but when she did speak up he would listen to her with so much patience. The look in his eyes just told her that she had his undivided attention.

That’s how Emma and Kellan have become friends.

As the days wore on, Emma was glad that she lived pretty close to where Kellan lived since they were hanging out whenever both of their schedules would allow them to. It has been a few months since she has last seen Kellan since he was shooting his new movie, Guardians of Luna. He has always been busy from promoting the film Breaking Dawn to filming movies like Immortals and the one that he was finished filming now.

The time away from each other made Emma realize how much she truly missed him; the light in his eyes when he saw her, the bright smile that he always had on his face. He honestly brightened her day when she saw him; it was like she could unload on him and just forget everything that happened that day, the good and the bad.

The work load that she had at the moment was overwhelming but she got through it, she wiped her sweaty forehead with her flour covered hand before she decorated the cupcakes that were on the tray. Her body was screaming for her to take a break but she didn’t want to take a break until she was at least done with the batch.

When the bell rang signaling someone walked into the small bakery she didn’t pay any attention as she had music blasted from the kitchen she was in. She didn’t hear the person that walked in as she nodded her head to the beat as she muttered the lyrics under her breath.

The man leaned over Emma’s shoulder seeing that she was relaxed before his breath hit her ear as he whispered, “Hello”

She let out a shriek as she spun around in fright to see who it was, her green eyes showed relief it was Kellan. Putting a hand over her heart she scolded the older man, “Kellan! What the hell?!” he laughed at her shocked state as he leaned on the counter to balance himself from the laughter that was belting out of his mouth.

“Sorry but I couldn’t resist. You looked so cute in your apron and the focused look that you had on your face as you decorated the cupcakes…it was a perfect moment to surprise you in some way”

The blond blushed as the word ‘cute’ came out of his mouth; she shouldn’t have taken it so seriously since he was always the flirtatious type but still…makes her wonder if he really did think she was cute. “Emma…Emmmmmaaaa…Emmy” Kellan poked her arm as she looked at him with a spaced expression.

“What?”

The brunette just looked at her before he shook his head, then that was when it hit her, “Shouldn’t you be still filming right now?”

“We finished early and I thought I could surprise you since I know you have missed me for the last few months. I know you missed your teddy bear” Emma rolled her eyes as she muttered a string of denials under her breath as she continued to work on the cupcakes that were set on the table.

Kellan stared at her while she worked and saw that she was probably blushing at his comment; she was just too adorable in his eyes and seeing her for the first time in months has made him so happy. It was rare that he would look forward to seeing a friend after a long absence, Emma was special. She always was.

He did something that the blond didn’t expect, her body stiffened as his arms snaked around her waist as he brought her closer to his body. Kellan lowered his head onto hers as he stared at the wall ahead of him, “If you don’t want to admit it then fine…I missed you” he mumbled as he tightened his grip on her.

Emma sighed, with shaky hands she swirled the icing on the cupcakes “I missed you too…I guess”

She didn’t want to seem desperate even if Kellan just confessed that he did miss her after a long while, what if he was just messing with her? The young woman didn’t know if he was being sincere or if he just missed her like a friend. She pursed her lips at her thoughts before she saw one of her cupcakes in the hands of the man behind her.

“What do you think you are doing?”

He paused, ready to bite into the cupcake that he had in his hand “About to eat” he replied slowly “What are you doing?”

She narrowed her light eyes as she reached out for the treat in his hand, “That isn’t for you, Kel. It’s for a customer”

Kellan moved the cupcake out of her reach swatting her hands away gently as he laughed, “I will give it back to you if you can reach it”

Emma pouted as she slapped her hands on her legs before jumping up to grab it from his grasp, “This isn’t fair! You know I am like a foot shorter than you are!” Kellan thought it was amusing seeing the tiny girl trying to reach for the cupcake. He once lowered it for her to reach and once she was about to grab it, he quickly raised it out of her reach.

She narrowed her eyes, “Give it back, Kellan”

He pouted as he stared at her with pleading eyes, “What is one cupcake, Em. I just want one. It’s just so delicious and it’s just calling out to me to take a bite” bringing the cupcake to his mouth, the shouts of protest echoed around the room.

“It makes the world of a difference; I don’t want to make another one for Andrew’s party. They specifically asked for fifty cupcakes and if I give them forty-nine he would be pissed; so give.it.back” she reached out for her hand waiting for him to give her the cupcake.

Kellan looked at the cupcake in his hand before he sighed, giving it back to her as she thanked him; he jutted out his lower lip, saddened that his dessert was stolen from him. Emma felt bad that he really wanted the treat so she caved in and compromised with him. What she offered made him beam as he waited for her to finish the batch before they hung out.

“Here you go” Emma pushed the plate of cupcakes towards him as he sat on the couch.

He grinned from ear to ear, grabbing one of the cupcakes “Thank you, Em. You are the best” peeling back the paper he took a bite which he hummed in satisfaction. Even though she was dead beat tired she still found time to make him a batch of his own and was willing to watch ‘Fight Club’ with him since that was his favorite movie.

As much as a movie goer Emma was she never really was comfortable around violent movies and watching Fight Club made her cringe. She made a face when blood oozed out of one of the men on the screen scooting closer to Kellan. Blood did not sit in her stomach well; she peeked throughout the movie pretending to watch it in some scenes before her eyes would go straight to the wall beside the television screen.

Kellan noticed the movements when blood would show up on the screen, “Emma, you okay?” he was a bit worried that something might have been wrong as he devoured another one of her cupcakes. She gulped as she shook her head saying that she was perfectly fine. He pushed it aside as he settled down in his seat again, focusing on the movie.

Emma just kept daydreaming to avoid the screen but when she heard a sickening crack that echoed into her ears she shuttered. Kellan didn’t ignore this as he turned slightly to her, “Are you sure you are okay?”

“Y-Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?”

He pursed his lips as he looked at the girl in front of him and before he could open his mouth the doorbell rang. As he excused himself, Emma sighed in relief as she leaned back on the soft couch that Kellan owned, envious that this couch was so comfortable. Just when she was about to relax she heard a voice in the other room.

She was curious as to what happened, about to get up from her seat another woman walked into the living room with a fake smile on her face. “Well, who is this?”

The blond woman that was in front of her was wearing a tight fitted dress as it showed off her curvaceous body, her moussed filled hair with went down in curls and a white smile that shown off from the red lip stick that was on her lips. Kellan soon followed into the living room, “Emma this is Stacy-”

“His girlfriend” she finished with a triumphant smile.

The sound of her heart breaking rang in her ears as she looked from the blond woman that was in front of her to Kellan who was glaring at Stacy. Before Kellan could say anything she stood up, “I guess I should go. It’s getting pretty late”

“Emma”

“You should, I need to catch up with Kel”

Emma winced at the nickname that she gave Kellan but firmly nodded as she headed out the door in a quick pace. She never felt so ashamed in her life, how could she be so stupid that she actually had a chance with someone has good looking and well off as Kellan Lutz.

“Emma! Emma wait!”

She ignored his pleas as she kept walking stiffly down the road before she felt a strong grip on her upper arm. He spun her around when she gave him an icy glare, “What?!”

“Why did you leave? We didn’t finish the movie” the cold bitter air bit at her skin as she hugged her petite form with her arms.

She glared at the pavement underneath her, “I didn’t feel like staying” she muttered.

Kellan sighed, “Stacy isn’t my girlfriend, Emma…I wouldn’t hide something like that from you”

“How would I know? I don’t know you that well” she tightened her grip on herself as she counted the cracks that were in the concrete ground. Kellan was getting impatient as he licked his lips staring down at the blond woman in front of him, “What is your deal anyways? Why did you storm off like I did something wrong. Did I do something to offend you?”

All the questions he was asking was just letting the walls that she let down, build around themselves around her again. “You wouldn’t understand” she mumbled. “What wouldn’t I understand, Em? Because of right now…you are sending me mixed signals”

Her green eyes finally looked up at him with a confused look on her face, “What are you talking about?”

“You don’t know? Em, you have been hot and cold with me; first you would open up to me and showed me that you are interested but then the very next minute you would show that you only see me as a friend. I don’t know how to react to something like that, so Emma” he stepped closer as he was a few inches away from her “Do you have feelings for me?”

Emma instantly wanted to deny the feelings that she had deep in her heart; everything in her body was telling her to protect herself. There were so few people that she actually trusted and with Kellan in her life she didn’t know if she could open up to someone like him, completely. She would have her moments like what Kellan said but when she realized that she did, she would close right up.

“I…I don’t know” she mumbled.

“Bullshit” he grabbed her arms as he pressed his forehead to hers, one of his hands slid down to grab one of her arms as he put it over his heart “Do you feel that?” the fast beating of his heart was under her palm “I know how I feel and I know how you feel. You just need to say it”

She childishly wanted to say ‘you first’ but that wouldn’t do any good. Emma would have to go first because she was the one that would be more reluctant to confess something like this. “I…I…” she trailed off as tears started to build in her eyes “I don’t deserve someone like you” she replied honestly.

“Why would you think that?”

“Because! You are just so…wonderful and great and the perfect man that I would love to have with me. I’m a nobody and you are this big celebrity that deserves so much more from a former solider and college student that is barely making it by on her own”

Kellan cupped her face with his hands as he begged her to look at him and when she did he smiled softly, “That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Emma, I love you. That is the only thing that matters and I know you love me too, that is all that I need from you. I don’t care if you don’t have a glamorous job or a fancy house. All I want is you, as long as you will have me”

Her lips quivered as she heard his speech, she sniffled before she leaned in and kissed Kellan fiercily on the lips. Their lips meshed together as Kellan’s hands slowly moved towards her waist pulling her into his embrace; his tongue lightly ran over her bottom lip which she gladly opened her mouth. His warm tongue explored every inch of her mouth as she ran her hands through his hair.

Her heart was beating faster as the kisses started to slow down into loving ones, giving each other soft pecks until Emma pulled back fully before looking up at Kellan with a smile on her face “I love you too” she muttered. He smiled widely before he pulled her into another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it :)