Resident Evil- Left Alone

Every city's burning to the ground under your feet

There she stood. She couldn’t move. Jills words made no sense. Everything turned quiet. The world turned to a halt; a complete stop in her mind. ‘Can anybody help me make things better?’ Rebecca thought to herself. There was no screaming in the back of her mind. She didn’t know who she would want to help her. Every path she’s chosen so far has been in the wrong direction. ‘Where do I go now? How long do I have left?’

One sign of movement from Leon, she turned to see him smile. His voice broke through the barrier of her mind. ‘I’ll always help and protect you.’ Was that a promise? Very well said from a rookie on his first day. After the first crack of her minds wall was made, the wall came tumbling down... and so did Rebecca.

Blurs of voices intertwined into one monotonous loud voice. ‘Rebecca! ‘Can you hear us? Please wake up...’ ‘Don’t leave me, Rebecca...’ ‘We need you...’

Opening her eyes, Leon was the first person she saw after her blackout. His smile warmed her heart. She took his hand and he helped her up. After a while she felt a little stupid. They were just staring at each other.

Chris coughed. ‘Dam you Chris! You ruined it!’ Leon and Rebecca thought to themselves. “I really do think we have to go. We need to get the antidote for you Rebecca,” Jill spoke
“Jill. I told you, I’m not a baby at all! I don’t need a stupid antidote! I can live without one. I’m still alive now!” Rebecca stormed out of the shop, out onto the street ‘…but how long will I be alive for?’

“Leon, we’ll find an antidote and please... just take care of her. Do all it takes to keep her safe. I think you can handle that, right?” Chris asked
“I will. I’ll risk my life for it,” Leon said as serious as he’s ever been. For his job, or his heart?
“Good. We’ll go out the front way and take out most of the zombies. You go out the back way. Go to HQ and we’ll meet you there,” Chris set out the plans
“Good luck!” Leon ran through the back door

-Left Alone-

Why did it bother her too much? She knew this was coming. She knew Jill would want to find an antidote to the virus. But what the hell was with the blackout? Could she be getting weaker? ‘Nah, I can’t be, I’ve been strong for too long. But ever since I met Leon… My body seems to be doing its own thing… Like the blackouts.’

“Rebecca! Rebecca! Are you out here? Please be here. I miss you…” Leon shouted. ‘Damn… I shouldn't have shouted that last bit... but then again I do miss her. What's wrong with me?’ Leon thought. Leon continued to shout for Rebecca.

“What’s wrong with me? Seriously, what’s up with that blackout? I was completely fine until I stood up. My mind had wondered off. There was one thing on my mind when I woke up... Only because Leon was in my line of sight when I opened my eyes... Right?”She knows she likes him, but doesn’t want to accept the fact. Rebecca had her knees up to her chin, sat on the curb... alone. That’s how she wants her life to be now; just her to put up with her pain, No one to help her carry the burden, No one to watch her suffer. That’s the way she’s known it to happen, for most of her life. “I wonder what Jill and Chris told Leon. ‘Save Rebecca!’ Or some crap like that. It sucks having people who care for you, when you don’t want to burden them. Well, I do care for them... trying not to get them involved. But I guess they’re already involved, working with S.T.A.R.S.” She giggled to herself, “I’ll try not to get them hurt too much then,” Her smile faded.

Echoes of a familiar voice rang through Leon’s ears; A strange mutter from behind a burned out car. Curled up, knees to her chin, muttering the only things she knew... muttering... whispering... waiting.

She wanted to await her fate. Leave everyone she knew, let them live in a life without Umbrella. She would risk anything and everything to rid the world of Wesker.

----'Isn't anyone trying to find me?
----Won't somebody come take me home
----It's a damn cold night'

‘I wonder if she’s ok.’ Leon saw a ruffled blonde sat with her knees up. ‘That blonde hair seems so familiar... Out of place, ruffled and contaminated by the world... She seems so sad... It’s not her fault. I wish I could help her share some of that burden...’ Leon gave a faint smile knowing full well what he was letting himself in for.

‘I know I’m stupid for just staying here. I should just flee and forget. What’s keeping me here?’ Rebecca raised her head to find the rookie stepping closer to her.

----'Trying to figure out this life
----Won't you take me by the hand?
----Take me somewhere new
----I don't know who you are
----But I... I'm with you
----I'm with you'

‘Don’t you think I’m just a little stupid for feeling this way? Feeling a certain thing for someone I hardly even know? Why do I think like this? It’s stupid... or is it?’ Leon thought to himself as he held out his hand for her to take. She took his hand reluctantly and stood up.

“Are you ok?” Leon asked her
“No. Just go Leon. Leave me and forget about me. I’m not important,” Rebecca pulled her hand away
“How are you not important? You’re a member of the S.T.A.R.S team and you may be infected but it’s not that what counts. It’s who you are inside that counts,” Leon said
“Leon... 'inside' me is one of the worst virus'... You’ll be better off without me dragging you down. You’ll be safer without me...” Rebecca turned her back to Leon and ran for the police station, faster than anything he’d seen before.

Leon stood there not knowing what to say to her. She walked away so easily. The wind whistled past both pairs of ears. Rebecca wanted to stay there so badly but being an infected she had to run. Wesker was out to get her she just knew it. Wesker’s voice rang inside her mind while Leon’s rang inside her heart.

Was there even a hope to find the antidote? Rebecca can’t shake the fact that she knows she won’t live forever like Wesker. Wesker has taken a new meaning to terrorist and S.T.A.R.S know it.

-Left Alone-

Steps towards the police station we eerie, Drips of blood, Echoes of the city swam in the cannibals of this place. ‘This city doesn’t even deserve a name after this. I bet it’ll be wiped off the map, one way... or another...’ Rebecca trudged through the hordes of zombies to the police station.

The doors were already open. Had someone already opened them? Rebecca walked through and stepped lively with her gun in hand. The clicks of her steps bounced back to her numb ears. Rebecca ran for the single door to the left. ‘There has to be a survivor! There has to be!’

There was an injured man against the lockers. Rebecca never knew the guy because she works for S.T.A.R.S., in her little office on the 2nd floor.

“Rebecca, is that you? I’ve heard a lot about you from your team,” The man spoke out as he slouched against the lockers
“Yeah it’s me. Are there any other survivors here?” Rebecca asked
“I’m not sure. The zombies came so fast... I couldn’t pay attention to the rest of the building. Check if there are any survivors please. Please be careful out there,” The man tried to speak but he was obviously in pain
“I will. Don’t worry,” Rebecca left out of the other door.

A late arrival of the rookie, He found the police station and now his search for the survivors and Rebecca began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter :) [Resident evil belongs to CAPCOM. the song lyrics are I'm with you- Avril Lavigne. chapter title lyrics- I wanna hold you- Mcfly. OC belongs to me! :) ]