Status: Completed with Recs: 9 Readers: 321 Subscribers: 107 Comments: 98 Word count: 12364

Lovely, Stay Lovely

You're Just A Lonely Star

"'Ello, my names Jona," an Australian accent boomed in the middle of the night.

I looked up to the tall, blonde man immediately becoming on the defense. "Go away," I mumbled, clutching my sleeping child closer to my chest.

"I jus' want to help yeh," he began, crouching down to eye level with me.

"What do you want?"

"I just want to help yeh," he repeated. "Yeh sittin' outside wiff a small baby in the middle of the cold and I fink it's wrong. Yeh need to get inside where it's warm. Yeh can come to my house if yeh'd like."

My eyes narrowed at the young man. "Why are you helping me?"

I watched as he looked over the shoulder at his lanky friend before looking back. "Do yeh realleh fink it's good for yeh baby to be outside in this cold?"

His question caught me off guard and I looked down at the baby in my hand before helplessly nodding. I did what I could for her, but he was right, it wasn't good for my child. "Okay," I mumbled. "I'll go."

"Brill," he grinned, standing up.

I wrapped my only blanket tighter around the sleeping child before carefully standing up. It was then that I noticed how tall Jona actually was. He turned and waved at his friend before departing with me at his side. It was late from what I could tell. The streets were empty, a few drunks staggering out of bars here and there.

"I nevah got yeh name," he smiled down at me.

"I never told you."

Jona frowned, silently leading the way to his house. We had arrived not too long after. When he opened the door, the warmth hit my face and I let a small smile greet my lips. It hadn't been since Summer when I felt the warmth, and considering it was late fall, warmth was much appreciated. Jona placed his keys on the small end table by the door and hung up his coat.

My eyes fell on his tattoos and I gawked at the art decorating his arm. I would have thought he was breaking in to such a nice house, if it weren't for the fact he had the keys. "You're in a band," I spoke quietly.

He nodded, "yea, how'd you know?"

"Tattoos. You were either a tattoo artist or in a band."

Jona smiled, "yeh know there are more professions than that wiff tattoos." I shrugged and looked around the house. It was well decorated with a modern edge.

"Dani," I stated.

"What?"

"You asked me my name before. My names Danielle. Call me Dani."

He nodded, "alright Dani. Is there anyfing I can get yeh or yeh baby?"

"Her name is Abigail. Abi."

Jona nodded again. "I'll be right back," he announced, leaving the room. I walked over to an empty spot on the wall and leaned against it, sliding down to a crouching position. Adjusting the small child in my arms, I let a gratifying sigh leave my mouth. I was tired, and the warmth from the house was only egging my sleepiness on. Soon enough, I gave in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate for the length of this.
It's just an introduction to Dani.
Thinks are going to spark up in the next chapter (;
Updates on this will be more regular as soon as my Lee Malia story is over.
Thank you modified youth, TheCallMeDame and Vani.Violence for commenting!