Status: Recs: 5 Readers: 448 Subscribers: 120 Comments: 69 Word count: 8541

Blessed With a Mess

It's Hard Just To Be Strong

"Olive," Ben whispered into my ear.

I smiled and lifted my arm, pushing on Ben's face. "Go away. I'm sleepy."

I heard Ben's chuckle before he kissed my cheek. "Come on, we're here."

"No kissing on the first date!" I joked, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. It had only felt like a few hours ago that Ben had woke me up from bed to get into the car and head to the beach. We didn't exactly live close to the beach and I was still tired from the night before. On top of that, it wasn't even sunrise. Needless to say, I fell asleep during the car ride almost instantly.

"First date my arse!"

"Ben, we broke up. That means this is a first date," I joked, stretching and getting out of the car.

"Whatevah," he rolled his eyes.

"I'm joking, Ben. Relax! This is supposed to be super fun!"

"Yeh right," she smiled, grabbing all the beach blankets and towels.

We found a spot on the beach not far from the shoreline but not too close so we had to worry about high tide. It didn't take long before we set up the blankets and I collapsed onto one of them.

"Olivia!" He whined, come in the water! It's so bloody hot out."

"Tanning," I mumbled into the towel.

"Swimming!"

"Tanning!"

Before I knew it, Ben grabbed me by the hips and threw me over his shoulder.

"Ben!" I yelled.

"Swiiimmmiiinnnggg!" He sang into the blue sky. "I warned yeh!"

"No you didn't!" I laughed feeling the water splash up against my legs.

"Irrelevant. Swim time!"

"Ben!" I yelled again just before he dropped me into the water. "I'm going to kill you!" I laughed when I came up for air.

"Got to catch me first!" He retorted before diving under the water.

I waited patiently before I saw a blob of afro-like hair pop up from the water. "Gotcha!" I yelled before jumping on him.

Ben was laughing as he resurfaced. "Yea, yeh caught me."

"What's my prize?" I grinned, poking his cheeks.

Ben wriggled his eyebrows and winked. "Shag, yea?"

"Fuck off," I laughed, splashing him with water.

"Oi! That's cold! Stop that!"

"You're the one that wanted to go swimming!"

"True," he laughed, shaking his head. "It's still a bit too cold in the mornin' to swim, but it did wake yeh up!"

"Come on," I grinned, grabbing his hand and heading out of the water. "Let's warm up a bit for now."

Ben and I returned to our blankets and dried off in the towels before laying down for the just rising sun to warm our bodies. "I do love the beach," I spoke randomly.

Ben smiled, looking over at me. "I know, silleh."

"Oh do you?" I laughed.

"I do," he smiled. "I know a lot of fings about yeh. I may be forgetful, but I do care about yeh, way more than yeh fink I do."

I felt his hand enlace in my own and I smiled, never taking my eyes off of him. "Ben, why did we fight so much?"

He sighed, looking away momentarily. "'Cause I'm stupid and forgetful and yeh stubborn and way bettah than I ever deserved. I nevah realized how much I loved yeh until I lost yeh, Olivia." Ben's face hardened, taking on a serious appearance. "I was so broken when I thought yeh were wiff James. Just the thought of yeh kissin' 'im hurts. It sucks, yeh know? I'm jus' an idiot."

"No you're not," I sighed, moving closer to him. "A relationship takes two and both sides of ours was broken. We may have fought a lot, but we were so happy together in the beginning, and that's what I think of when I see you. I see happy, not anger."

Ben's free hand reached up, touching my cheek. "Olive?" He whispered.

My heart melted at the nickname. He's the only one that called me Olive, and the only one I'd ever allow too. "Yes, Ben?"

"I know yeh said this is a first date for us again, but to me it feels like we never ended. Can I.... can I have a kiss, do yeh fink?" Ben looked nervous, a new look I wasn't used to seeing on him. He played with his lip rings, waiting for my answer.

Without thinking, I leaned in and pressed my lips back to his as familiarity filled me.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the record, I wrote this chapter like
three times and it kept getting deleted off my
computer. Also, this is going to sound repetitive
if you are subscribed to my Jona story, but...


I have a new tumblr url:
galaxypeen

I apologize for the length between this update.
I have been going through a really, really hard time.
Anyone who struggles with depression can
understand how much it consumes your life.

ANYWAY, onto happy thoughts. I'm doing much
better now. My last day of the semester is Friday,
which means I should be getting back into the
swing of things. If you following me on tumblr,
send me an ask or hello and I'll follow back!

If I'm subscribed to your stories, sorry! I haven't
even been reading anything! I'll try and catch up
with everyone by the end of the weekend!


Thank you so much to those who were super
persistent and wrote in my ask like everyday!
I seriously appreciated it. I love you guys so much!

Thank you all for the comments!
The Mini Monster, Vani.Violence, Amber Worsnop
ben bruce;, xXRememberTheDaysXx


Healing is a process, but I am strong.