Status: Recs: 5 Readers: 448 Subscribers: 120 Comments: 69 Word count: 8541

Blessed With a Mess

Praying That I Make It Home

I woke up to my phone ringing. I had fallen asleep on the couch. Groggily, I reached over and answered it. "Hello?" I mumbled.

I heard a chuckle before James' voice spoke. "Yeh sound tired."

I smiled, my eyes still closed. "Kind of. What time is it?"

"Nearly midnight," he answered.

"Well no wonder why I'm tired, asshole." I chuckled.

"Yeh usualleh always awake at the time."

I sighed, finally sitting up. "I'm worn out, I guess. Ben and I fought again, kind of. Not really."

"What?" He chuckled. "Wha' does tha' even mean?"

"We broke up, I think. I don't know. He moved to the guest room. We're seeing other people."

I heard him sigh before he spoke. "So why aren't yeh here yet?"

"Because it's nearly midnight."

"So... why aren't yeh here yet?" He chuckled.

I groaned, flopping back on to the couch. "Fuck you. I'll be there in ten minutes." I hung up my phone before heading upstairs and grabbing my Chuck Taylors and car keys. I paused, looking in to the guest bedroom. Ben was face down in the comforters, snoring softly. I blinked and looked away, quietly going downstairs and leaving the house.

It didn't take me long to get to James'. He didn't live far and I practically could drive there with my eyes shut. "Took yeh long enough," he joked, answering the door.

"I said ten minutes."

"It was eleven."

I rolled my eyes and smiled, pushing past him and entering his house. "I'm so tired. Remind me why I'm here again?"

Two arms wrapped around my waist, a small kiss placed on my shoulders. "'Cause yeh missed meh."

"Hardy har har."

"Well why are yeh here?"

I sighed, relaxing in to his arms. "Because you asked me too."

He smiled, "sounds like yeh missed me."

"I must be crazy."

"Yeh are."

"Take me to bed?"

He nodded, picking me up and carrying me to his bedroom. James placed us both on his bed, pulling the covers swiftly over us. He pulled me into his chest and I smiled, taking in his smell.

"Okay, I missed you."

He chuckled, kissing my forehead. "I missed yeh too, love. I realleh did. Get some sleep now, aye? Yeh had a hard day."

I nodded, closing my eyes. I felt so relaxed to be with James. He was one of the sweetest guys I know. It still felt weird, though. I wasn't sleeping with Ben... not that I was before, but at least we had been in the same house. Tonight I was going to bed, not angry and not with Ben. It was something I was going to have to get used too.
♠ ♠ ♠
*le me stirring le shit pot* ;)

Thank you SO MUCH The Mini Monster, DiggyBVB, iMusic-Freak, Vani.Violence, and dirty mind. for commenting!

I already know I suck for how long this took me. If you guys want anything to make up for it, just let me know. Follows on tumblr, fan signs, gif requests, a confession of my love, anything. Drop in in my comments and I'll do it!