Status: In the Making

Billet

Image

Billet: In North America, billet families offer room and board to junior ice hockey players who leave home to join elite teams in other towns. Coaches are often involved with matching a player to a billet family. The objective of a billet family is to provide a "home away from home" for young players during the season.

There was a constant joke floating around the Williams family's home. The hockey-loving and long-time season ticket holder bunch constantly played around with the idea about becoming a billet for a local junior hockey player. It never really crossed their minds that they'd actually do it.

Until one day.

Follow the Williams' and their daughter, 17 year old Tierney, through their adventure of becoming a billet family. They'll face many obstacles in having another teenager in the house especially an aspiring hockey player. People always say that billeting is challenging but the rewards outweigh them all. Billet will take you into their lives and their home as they take one day at a time; learning about each other and the life they have signed themselves up for.

Note: This story is written for all kinds of readers. Don't be turned away if you don't know a lot about the sport of hockey or if you're not a sports fan in general: a lot of this will likely take place away from the rink. Also, yes, this is an original fiction. Much of the plot though will look like a fanfiction, so if you are more of a fanfiction reader, please give it a chance. I'm pretty sure this story is going to be unlike many others on Mibba and I hope you all take time to give it a chance and enjoy it! Happy reading!