Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

Give Me A Kiss

”Rachel, get your ass over here!”

My husband and best friend, Jimmy Sullivan, had been laying on the couch in the livingroom for the past few hours. Apparently he felt ”sick” and his ”head was aching like a bitch” and he wanted me to bring him either beer or food or his phone.

”What is it? What do you need now?” I shouted from the kitchen and kept reading my magazine about pregnancy. It wasn't really that interesting but I couldn't stand Jimmy who kept whining and I needed something to get my mind off of him.

”Sex!” he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes so hard that I thought they would pop off. Of course he would ask for something like that.

”I'm not in the mood!” I exclaimed. Because I really wasn't in the mood nor had I been in the past few weeks because I was pregnant.

”You always say that and yet you seem horny whenever you see me naked!”

”Oh shut up or I will come and slap you!” I shouted.

Jimmy was quiet for a moment before he had to shout something stupid again.

”Come give me a kiss, babe!”

”If you're so sick that you can't get off the couch then you're too sick to kiss me!” I exclaimed.

A few seconds later I saw my hubby standing in the doorway and looking at me. He didn't look really so sick which made me furrow my eyebrows.

”What are you doing? I thought you were dying because you're so sick,” I said and snorted.

”I'm here for that kiss,” he mumbled and walked closer to me.

He pulled me up from my chair and wrapped his arms around my waist. He tried to kiss me but I turned my head away.

”You know I shouldn't get sick when I'm pregnant. It's not good for the baby,” I murmured and kissed his cheek.

”But I haven't kissed you all day!” he whined.

”I'm sorry.”

”No you're not. You like to see me suffering,” he mumbled and pouted.

”Oh ha ha. You know that's not true,” I told him quietly.

”Do I?”

”Yes.”

”I'm not feeling so sick anymore...”

”Jimmy! Don't lie to me!” I exclaimed but couldn't help but laugh. He was such a dork.

”I just want to kiss you,” he whispered and leaned closer. He tried to kiss my lips but I slammed my hand against his mouth and pushed his head away. He laughed and bit my finger as he pulled me back into a hug.

”Just let me kiss your cheek,” he murmured and leaned closer again. I turned my head slightly to right and let him kiss my cheek quickly.

Let me tell you something about my relationship with Jimmy. We had been best friends forever. I was pretty sure that we would remain best friends for the rest of our lives, too, no matter what happened. But at some point I think we both realized that we wanted something more, too. We started dating and eventually fell in love. Jimmy decided to propose and sooner than I realized, I was married to my best friend.

Jimmy and I never really fought if you don't count the ”first big fight” after a year of being married. We just didn't feel the need to insult each other with our words or make the other one feel bad, I guess. But don't think that he didn't annoy me or I never annoyed him because that was bullshit. Jimmy could be the most annoying person I had ever met and yet I couldn't just not like him.

Well, after being married for a while, I found out that I was pregnant. Of course we were both scared at first, but then we grew to like the idea that we would make a good family one day. We both wanted to have kids and we both thought that we could do this. We knew that it wasn't going to be easy and maybe we weren't exactly ready but we wanted to do it.

Sometimes I felt like Jimmy was more like a friend to me than a husband or a boyfriend. But when I thought about it more, I realized that I couldn't be in a relationship with anyone else at that moment. He was pretty much ”the one” for me, even though I thought that those kinds of things were all just bullshit. Well, either way, were there ”the ones” or not, I loved him and he loved me.

We had a weird relationship (not that we did some weird shit in bed like peed on each other or something like that because that was just gross!) because Jimmy was in a band and he spent a lot of his time away from home. If Avenged Sevenfold (his band) went to tour around Europe, I would have to be without my husband for months. Normally I would have gone with them, but now that I was pregnant I couldn't. But even if we didn't see each other, we didn't like cheat on the other one or anything like that. Why? Because there were these things called ”respect” and ”consideration” and also because we loved each other.

The point was that I felt like I was in a good relationship and I knew that if one of us needed to leave that relationship, it could be done without causing a scene. But because we wanted to be together, we would be together. Simple as that.

And there I still was, happily married to my best friend in the whole wide world. Jimmy was the best guy I had ever known and I felt like I was lucky to have him. And our baby would be happy to have him as a father.

I knew that we would go through hard times in the upcoming seven months of this pregnancy and I knew it wouldn't always be easy. But this was my story of having a baby and this was a story about two people in love. And the most important thing was that this would be an adventure and my life would change in many ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oiiiiiii! I've wanted to write a Jimmy story for a while now and here it is!