Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

That Was Sick

”Hi Brian, this is Rachel. Could you tell everyone that Jimmy is so sick that he can't come to the studio today? Okay, great, thanks,” I said into my phone and then put the phone on the table.

My head was about explode because I was so stressed. I had been working all morning in my little home office. My mom owned a small bakery and me and all my sisters worked there. And because I sucked at everything that had something to do with baking, I was some sort of an account manager. I didn't actually know what my job really was. I just did whatever my mom aka the big boss told me to do. And at that moment it was calling to our biggest clients and asking if they were pleased with our stuff.

On top of making calls to different people, I had to take care of Jimmy because he was now officially sick. When we had earlier that morning visited my obstetrician, the lovely old lady, Dr. Berry, who was the best doctor we knew (and who had helped my mom and grandmother in labor, too), Jimmy had been telling her how sick he felt and she told him to get rest because he seemed to be feverish. And now Jimmy wouldn't leave the bed because a doctor had told him to stay there. I even had to take him food into the bedroom.

”Good morning, this is Rachel Sullivan from Bloom's Bakery. We are interested in your opinions about our bakery. Would it be okay for me to ask some questions?” I mumbled into the phone while writing down some stuff.

Man, I hated that job. I would have quit if my mom wasn't the boss. And if I had tons of money, that is. I put the phone away after a moment and it rang right away.

”Good morning, this is Rachel from Bloom's Bakery. How may I help you?” I answered the phone and looked at my computer screen for a second.

”Good morning, this is Jimmy, your husband calling from upstairs. Could Mrs. Sullivan bring me some water, please?”

”Jimmy! I'm trying to work. I don't have time for this,” I exclaimed.

”Oh? What are you doing?”

”Calling people and asking what they think about our bakery,” I said into the phone.

”Sounds lame. I really need that water, though...”

”Fine. I'll be up in a minute,” I mumbled into the phone before ending the call.

After I'd took the bottle of water up into our bedroom, I went back to my desk. Instead of making more calls, I started thinking about the fact that I was pregnant. My life hadn't really changed after finding out that I was going to have a baby. Of course I didn't drink alcohol anymore and I had to eat more often now, but other than that, my life was pretty much normal. My boobs were a lot bigger now, which was a plus in Jimmy's opinion. I realized that one day when I was talking to him and he couldn't take his eyes off my boobs. Then he had even reached closer and touched them. And laughed. That's when I had almost smacked him.

I made a few more calls before deciding that I didn't want to work anymore so I left the room and closed the door after me. As it was only eleven, I decided to go buy some food.

”Jimmy? Do you need anything? I'm going to go buy some food,” I shouted and pulled on my jacket.

”Come up here!” I heard his voice coming from the bedroom. I snorted and walked up the stairs. I stopped in the doorway.

”Could you bring me some beer, babe?” he asked me. He looked really pathetic. He was laying under the blankets in the middle of the bed. The TV was on and he had at least 10 DVD's on the bed. He looked really tired.

”You can't drink beer if you're feverish,” I told him.

”I can do whatever the hell I want,” he mumbled, ”Please bring me some.”

”Fine. Are you feeling any better?” I asked as I walked closer to the bed and pressed my palm against his forehead.

”Not really... Could you give me a kiss?”

”I thought we talked about this already,” I said, ”I don't want to get sick.”

”No tongue.”

”Fine,” I mumbled with a sigh. I leaned down and pressed my lips against his. He parted his
lips and that's when I pulled away.

”I thought you said no tongue!” I exclaimed.

”There was no tongue!” he whined.

”Not yet!”

When I got back home from the store, after a few hours, I put the food in the fridge and made myself some tea. I sat down and started reading my pregnancy magazine again. The doorbell rang but before I could react in any way, I heard the door open. And then I heard voices.

”Rachel?” someone shouted.

”In the kitchen!” A few moments later I saw Brian standing in the doorway with Zacky.

”Oh, hey!” I exclaimed with a smile. It was always nice to see Jimmy's bandmates and they were always so nice and friendly to m–

”Have you gotten chubbier?” Brian asked and narrowed his eyes as he looked at me.

”Uh, no!” I exclaimed and looked down at my body. Had I?

”Oh, okay. I just thought... Nevermind,” he shook his head.

”Where's Jimmy?” Zacky asked.

”In the bedroom. He's not feeling too well,” I said and shrugged.

”That little bitch. Is he really that sick or is he just trying to avoid working? We were supposed to have a meeting with the record label's guys,” Brian said.

”Are you reading that stupid magazine again?” Zacky asked with a laugh. I looked down at it.

”It's not stupid. I need to know about this stuff, I'm going to have a baby,” I said and snorted.

”Yeah, in like, 200 days,” he said with a laugh.

”Oh, whatever. Go annoy Jimmy,” I mumbled and waved my hand. They were about to leave but then Brian stopped walking. He came and sat around the table.

”I need your help,” he told me and put his hand on the table. He looked at me with a slight smile.

”What is it?” I asked.

”Well, you know how it's Michelle and Val's birthday in a few weeks. And we need a cake. And since your mom owns a bakery, I thought that maybe she could do something for the party,” Brian said.

”Yeah, of course. I'll ask her,” I said and nodded.

”Thanks,” he said and flashed a smile. He grabbed the magazine from my hands and looked down at it.

”Are these... Oh my god, what the fuck!” he exclaimed and threw the magazine to the floor. He looked disgusted.

”What?” I asked and laughed.

”Those were actual pictures of women, you know... The babies came out!” he exclaimed in shock. His eyes were wide open and he had a grimace on his face.

”Well, you know, that's what this magazine is about,” I told him with a laugh.

”Oh my god, that was sick!” he muttered and shook his head. He got up from the chair, grabbed the magazine from the floor and ran out of the room.

About few minutes later the three guys came into the kitchen with the same magazine.

”Is that what happens? Is it that disgusting?” Jimmy exclaimed and held up the page where there were pictures of women in labor.

”Yes! Gosh, you're all adults! You know how it happens!” I told them, ”No big deal!”

”I regret ever getting you pregnant, babe!” Jimmy shouted in shock. I rolled my eyes.

”Well you don't have to look if it makes you feel bad,” I said and snorted,

”Either way, it's a bit too late now. Brian, Zacky – think before you get your wives pregnant. You might not be ready for what comes out,” I said with a grin.

”Oh, believe me. I'm not having sex after seeing those pictures,” Zacky said with his wide eyes.

He was shaking his head.

”Jimmy, go back to bed. Weren't you supposed to be sick?” I asked and cocked an eyebrow.

”I am. Now even sicker!” he exclaimed.

”Why are you all overreacting?”

”Because that looked disgusting. Did you see what all came out of there?”

”Uh, yeah? That's perfectly normal.”

”Fuck! I'm not going anywhere near you when the baby comes out!” Jimmy exclaimed and left the room. Brian and Zacky just shrugged as I looked at them. Ugh, they were like little kids.

”He's got a point,” Brian mumbled quietly and looked away from me.

”No, he's just being immature.”

”Yeah, but that stuff that comes out...” Zacky was shaking his head.

”Alright, we've talked about this enough! Brian, I'll ask my mom about the cake. It was a pleasure to see you, guys, but I'm kind of busy reading about pregnancy,” I said and grabbed the magazine from them.

When it was late enough for me to go to bed, I walked into the bedroom and found Jimmy dead asleep already. The TV was still on and the lights were on but somehow he still could sleep in there. I turned off the TV and changed into my pajamas before getting in the bed and turning off the lights. I threw away a few extra pillows and rested my head against my pillow.

”Rach?” I heard Jimmy's muffled voice. I felt his hand on my bare stomach as he rubbed it gently.

”Watch out, something might come out of my vagina if you keep doing that,” I whispered.

”I hope that doesn't happen when we have sex...”

”Shut up,” I mumbled.

”I'm just joking. You know I love you, no matter what comes out of you,” he whispered. He lifted his head up and looked at me in the dark room. Then he leaned closer and pressed his lips against my cheek.

”Are you okay?” I asked.

”Yeah. Just can't wait to get back to my drums,” he whispered and touched my cheek. We laid there in silence for a few moments.

”I love you, Rach,” he whispered and pressed another kiss to my cheek.

”I love you, too, Jimmy,” I mumbled and brushed his hair back with my hand.

”Night.” He laid back down and sighed.

”Goodnight.”

”Oh, and by the way, you sound really sexy when you answer your phone and say, ”Good morning, this is Rachel Sullivan”. Just saying that I will call you every morning from now on, just to hear you say that,” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)