Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

Fat As A Cow

It took Jimmy about 24 hours to get well again. One moment he was sick, the next he was full of energy and wouldn't stay in place for longer than a minute. But I was glad that he was okay now because that meant that I could kiss him when ever I wanted and we could do normal stuff together without worrying that I would get sick.

We had a lot of plans for the day. But the most important thing was that we needed to go over to Brian's place and help him and Matt throw a party for their wives, the lovely twins, Val and Michelle. Their birthday was coming up and because I loved everything that had something to do with a party, they wanted my help. Jimmy wouldn't be much of a help, but he wanted to see the guys so he came with me.

”Hey guys!” I exclaimed with a smile as Brian let us in to their apartment.

”Jimmy, do you want a beer?” Brian asked as he led us into the kitchen where Matt was.

Matt had a bunch of magazines in his hands and he looked frustrated.

”Oh, hey guys,” he said and looked at us. He forced a smile on his face before looking down.

”What's wrong, Matt?” I asked as I sat down.

”Have you... You seem a bit chubbier,” he said as he looked at me again.

”Why does everyone say that? Jimmy, am I fatter than I used to be?” I asked and looked at Jimmy who quickly looked away. He cleared his throat and made himself busy finishing his beer.

”Jimmy!” I exclaimed. His eyes focused on me again.

”What did you say, babe?” he asked. As if he hadn't heard me the first time...

”Have I gone chubbier?” I asked him.

”Listen, babe, there's nothing wrong with being chubby...” he trailed off as he looked away again.

”Answer my question!” I exclaimed.

”Fine, fine! Yes. You're not as skinny as you used to be, but that's normal, right? You're pregnant, after all...” he mumbled.

”Oh my god. I'm getting fat!” I exclaimed in shock.

”No, no!” Matt, Brian and Jimmy shouted quickly.

”No one said anything about being fat,” Jimmy said and patted my shoulder.

”Guys, could we focus on what's more important? The birthday party?” Matt said.

”Right, of course,” I said after clearing my throat.

”It has to be a suprise. Neither of the twins can know nothing,” Brian said. Everyone sat around the table.

”Oh, I know! We should get a band to play at the party!” I exclaimed.

”What band?”

”Well, I don't know. Papa Roach? Val once said that she likes their songs,” I suggested with a shrug, ”And you know the guys from Papa Roach, right?”

”Right. That's a good idea,” Matt said and wrote something down on a piece of paper.

”And the cake. My mom will take care of it,” I said, ”Just let me know what kind of a cake you want.”

”Okay. And what about the place? We can't be at our place nor Brian's because they would notice,” Matt said.

”Oh, we can be at our place. Right, Jimmy?” I looked at my husband who was looking out of the window.

”Are you okay, Jimmy?” I asked. He looked at me.

”Yeah. This just seems boring,” he said with a laugh as he leaned closer to kiss me.

We finished planning the party a few hours later. It only took so long because Jimmy and Brian wanted to play some stupid game on Playstation 3 and Matt had an hour long conversation with Val on the phone. Meanwhile I walked around Brian and Michelle's house and looked at their wedding pictures. I also accidentally found a pregnancy test from one of the bathrooms, behind the toilet seat while I was peeing. It wasn't opened but I realized that Michelle could be pregnant, too! We would both be mothers and we could take our babies out together and life would be so awesome! But then I realized that she might as well not be pregnant. And the test maybe wasn't even hers.

When we had left Brian's place, we drove to my mom's place. Jimmy had always been really close with the both of my parents and when my mom and dad separated, Jimmy stayed in touch with the both of them. In fact, he spent more time with my parents and sisters than I did.

When we got to my mom's place, I noticed that my oldest sister Rebecca's car was there. We went in with my keys and found my mom and Rebecca in the kitchen. They had tons of papers in front of them.

”Oh, hey Rachel!” mom exclaimed with a smile as she stood up and pulled me into a hug.

”And Jimmy! How is my favourite son-in-law doing?” mom asked as she pinched Jimmy's cheek.

I let mom and Jimmy talk and I went to Rebecca who was just putting her phone away as I reached her. I looked at her phone and saw that she had just sent a text message to my dad.

As I read it, my eyes flew wide open.

”Becky! I'm not ”fat as a cow”! Thanks very much! And why were you sending that to dad?” I exclaimed and shoved her shoulder.

”Geez, Rach, calm down. I'm trying to let him know that you're... A bit bigger,” she said with a shrug.

”Yeah, but ”fat as a cow”? And if I were a bit fatter, it's completely because I happen to be pregnant if you didn't remember!” I exclaimed. I started to be a bit offended by everyone.

”Right. Becky, that wasn't very nice of you. And Rachel, you look very lovely,” mom said and winked at me.

I didn't say anything. I just sat down and pouted a bit. Jimmy sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

”All I'm trying to say, Rach, is that your pregnancy doesn't show yet. You've gained weight and it's not because of the pregnancy,” Becky said. I just rolled my eyes.

”Rebecca, honey, being pregnant might make Rachel a little... Sensitive,” mom said quietly.

”Alright, ladies, I think we shouldn't talk about this anymore,” Jimmy said quickly.

”Yeah. We're leaving now. Mom, here's the list of things that the guys want in the birthday cake,” I said and handed her a piece of paper.

When we were in the car, I had to ask Jimmy if I really was a fatty.

”Rach, you're perfect. And so what if you've gained some weight? I fucking love girls with big boobs,” he said and patted my thigh while driving.

”Are you sure you don't mind?” I asked quietly.

”Don't be stupid. You're my best friend. I would love you even if you were the ugliest bitch in the whole wide world,” he told me.

”Gross.”

”Just trying to prove a point here, babe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I got my very first comments on this story! Thanks IDG4F, LipsOfDeceit6661 and paint.it.black. for your comments, they are very lovely!

Thanks for reading this & remember to leave a comment!