Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

Just A Stupid Idea

”Jimmy, you're making it hard to breathe,” I mumbled into my husband's mouth.

I couldn't understand that I was at that very moment laying in the back seat of his car, half naked, making out with him. On his lunch break. In the middle of a parking lot.

”Don't blame me,” he whispered against my lips,

”If my sexiness takes your breath away.”

”Oh ha ha,” I mumbled.

He started kissing my neck and my mind wandered off to other things. I started to think about work and how I needed to go to the bakery and talk about some business stuff with mom.

”Rach? Rach?” Jimmy's voice pulled me off my thoughts and I focused on him again. His face was in front of mine and he was breathing heavily.

”Just making sure you're still alive. It started to feel like kissing a dead person,” he said and grinned.

”Oh, I'm sorry,” I said and sighed. I sat up and he ended up slamming his head against the car roof.

”I'm just thinking about work,” I said and pulled my shirt back on,

”And now I'm not in the mood anymore. I'm sorry, Jimmy.”

I looked at his face. I could tell he was a bit disappointed but he tried his best to hide it.

The truth was, our sex life had never been like this. I didn't know why but I hadn't been in the mood in a very long time. And whenever I felt like doing it, the feeling went away before we got down to it. I knew that Jimmy was extremely frustrated because of that and I felt really bad for him.

”You know, I should get back to work,” Jimmy said and pulled on his shirt.

I got out of the car and he followed me.

”Jimmy, I really am sorry,” I told him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

”It's okay, really, don't worry about. You can't help it,” he said quietly and gave me a kiss.

”Yeah but I feel bad when you feel bad. And you feel bad if you can't, you know, have sex,” I mumbled.

”Hey, listen, Rachel. Don't worry about it. I've got two hands,” he whispered against my lips before kissing me once again.

”Now get in the car and I'll drive you home,” he said and squeezed my ass before pushing me into the car. He got in, too, and started driving.

”I really don't know what's wrong with me,” I told him and looked out of the side window. I felt his hand on my thigh.

”Rachel...”

”No, Jimmy. I know you feel frustrated. What if... What if you would go and find some girl and... You know?”

”What? Are you serious?” he asked with a laugh, ”My own wife wants me to cheat on her. This is unbelievable.”

”No, I don't mean like cheating... I just want to let you... Get satisfaction,” I said with a shrug.

”Babe... I don't want to have sex with anyone else. Well, I mean, Megan Fox would do, but... You know what I mean. We're in this together. You didn't get yourself pregnant, I did. And I have to be responsible,” he told me quietly.

”Fine, fine. I guess it was just a stupid idea,” I admitted and sighed.

”But I appreciate it. I'm glad you're willing to let me do that,” he said.

”Oh, bu–”

”Don't worry, I won't do that,” he said quickly. We were already in front of our apartment and I opened the car door.

”Have fun at work,” he said with a grin as he put his hand on the back of my head and pulled my head closer. He pressed his lips firmly against mine and sucked on my lower lip for a moment.

”You should get back,” I said as I pulled back. He nodded and I started getting out of the car.

”Oh, I'm going to the bar with the guys tonight. I'm not sure when I'll be back,” he shouted after me. I nodded and closed the car door after me.

-

”Mom? Mom!” I exclaimed as I stepped into the white building. The smell of fresh-baked bread reached me and I relaxed a bit.

That was my favourite thing about bakeries. The smell of bread, buns, pies and different kinds of cakes. It made you feel like you never wanted to leave.

”Mom? Where are you?” I shouted.

Apparently the place was closed - at least I didn't see anyone. But the door had been open which made it a little weird.

I wandered around the place for a moment before I went into the backroom and found my sister and mom.

”Hey, what's going on?” I asked and stopped in the doorway. Becky and mom both looked at me.

”Hey, honey!” mom exclaimed all of a sudden and looked at me with a smile.

”Mom, Rebecca,” I said and nodded.

”Listen, we're sort of... In trouble,” Becky said.

”What?”

”Did you see the other bakery that has just been opened?”

”No...?”

”Well, the Robinsons thought it would be a good idea to open their stupid bakery right next to ours,” mom muttered and shook her head.

”And now everybody goes to theirs. They want to try out their pastries. Everyone wants to try out something new,” Becky said and sighed deeply.

”Are you serious? But we were doing so well!” I exclaimed.

”Sit down, Rachel. You shouldn't worry about anything now that you're pregnant,” mom said. I nodded and sat down.

”So what are we going to do?” I asked.

”Well... We definitely need to do something,” mom said with a sigh.

I knew this was hard for mom. She had worked really hard for her bakery and now that things weren't going so well anymore... Bloom's Bakery was her whole life. She wanted it to become something big – we all wanted that.

”Rachel... We will see how things go, but if something happens, I want you to quit before this gets rough,” mom said and put her hand over mine.

”What? Why?” I asked and cocked an eyebrow at her.

”Because of the baby, of course. You shouldn't stress about anything. And because I want you to spend time with Jimmy, too,” mom explained.

”Oh, mom... I like working,” I said and flashed a smile.

”I know and you've been a big help. But family comes first, always,” she said.

After mom had made it very clear that family comes before work, we all went to lunch and then I drove back home. When I walked in, the whole house was empty. Usually there would have been at least one of Jimmy's many friends and they would've been watching TV or sitting in the back yard and drinking beer. But then I remembered that Jimmy had told me that he would go to the bar with the guys tonight.

I decided to relax a bit so I took off my coat and shoes before changing into a pair of leggings and a white, comfy sweater. While changing my clothes, I noticed that my stomach had grown a bit. You couldn't tell that I was pregnant, if you didn't know, though. But maybe that was why everyone thought that I had gained so much weight. I put my hand against the skin on my stomach, but didn't feel anything. Well, maybe I had a really lazy baby. Or maybe it wasn't even possible to feel it yet.

I shrugged everything off my shoulders – work, the baby, the birthday party, Jimmy – and sat down on the couch. I started watching a movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love. and relaxed. I felt like after everything, I needed those kind of nights when I was alone and didn't have to think about anyone or anything.

I guess I had fallen asleep during the movie because I woke up when I felt someone's lips against mine. I opened my lazy eyes and saw Jimmy's grinning face in front of mine. Sometimes he creeped me out a bit if I'm completely honest with you. He had a habit of... Doing weird things. Especially when he was drunk. But the things he did made everyone love him even more.

”Why aren't you in bed?” Jimmy asked me and pinched my cheek. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

”What time is it?” I noticed that my throat felt dry and my voice sounded hoarse.

”Two,” he said.

”In the afternoon?”

”No,” he said and laughed quietly.

”Oh...”

I watched as Jimmy turned off the TV and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me up to my feet and kissed the top of my head. I relaxed in his arms and was about to fall asleep again.

”Had a rough day?” he asked quietly as he grabbed my hand and started pulling me up the stairs and into our bedroom. I fell on the bed as soon as I was in the room and closed my eyes once again.

”I see someone's a bit tired,” Jimmy said and laughed.

”Mmhm...” I buried myself under the sheets and blankets and sighed. Finally in bed, yay!

”I'm not sure if this is a good time to tell you this but I'm leaving in a few days. We're going to play some shows around the country,” Jimmy said quietly.

I opened my eyes and glared at him without meaning to do so.

”I know, I know. I should've told you earlier but you've been so busy...” he shrugged and sighed.

”What about the checkup with Dr. Berry?” I mumbled.

”I know and that's why I feel bad. I really wanted to be there,” he said and sat down on the other side of the bed.

”Fine, whatever. It's your work, you need to do it,” I mumbled and turned around, leaving him behind my back.

He didn't say anything in a while. Then a few moments later the lights turned off and I heard him sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thaaaanks A7Xfan505 and emawamaborg for your very lovely comments and hello new readers!