Shift

Chapter Fourteen

I didn't care about Erika anymore, so I left in search for any leads. I left her a note and told Jake to look after the place. The warm Sydney air was refreshing, and I drove down the street to the police. I told them the story, and showed them proof. They said they haven't had any people come in or out relating to Joseph. I text Alex, apologizing. I doubted that she would reply or even read it. She was probably having sex with some guy or what not. I walked to my favorite restaurant and had lunch, thinking of leads. I saw three men in suits were watching my every move. I left to the bathroom, and two men followed. The bathroom smelled of mints and crap, not the best combo. They walked in and pulled out two switch blades.

"It's time to die, Luke." one of them said sinisterly. They lunged at me and I dodged throwing one into the sink, knocking him out. The other stood in awe, and started to run. My hand quickly turned into a silenced pistol, killing him with a head shot.

"Plus ten xp." I whispered to myself. Thinking of how brilliant I am, I shifted into one of the men, hoping that I would get taken to Joseph. I walked out of the bathroom, swiftly walking to the other man. "The deed is done. Let's go." I whispered and we left. The police came as we changed in the car. The man called Joseph, telling him we'd be at the meeting place tomorrow, the Capitol of Australia tomorrow.

The hotel we stayed at was in the heart of Sydney. We had separate rooms, and room service brought my bags up. The man was in the business suit and delivered suitcases.

"Thanks." I tipped him and he didn't leave. "Well, get going." I said motioning him to leave.

The next day, we left for Canberra. As we drove down the street, I noticed a girl with black hair, looking quite familiar. My eyes became teared, and I shot the man next to me. Throwing the body out the window, and gained control of the car, and stopped in front of a coffee shop. The car door flung open and ran inside. The girl was Alex.

"Alex, let's go." I said grabbing her arm.

"Luke? NO! I'm staying here wi-"

"Screw that Alex, I'm going to kill Joseph." Her eyes opened wide, and followed me outside. The assassination attempt was on.