Status: In progress!

Peter Windsor

All children must one day grow up.

All children will one day grow old. All except one -as the stories would have us believe-. There is a land, out of our world, above the sky and clouds. This land has green forests far and tame sea wide. There are large bays and tall mountains, dark caves and flat plains. This land is called Neverland.

Isabelle Anderson read the story of a boy named Peter Pan to her younger sister Alison every Friday night whilst babysitting. Peter was a brave thirteen year old boy who vowed never to grow up. He fought pirates such as Captain Hook -a foul man with a hook for a hand and a constant desire to do away with Peter- and his loyal right hand smee. He saved princess Tiger Lily of the Indian tribe from danger. However, most impressive was Peter's ability -with the help of pixie dust and happy thoughts- to fly. Peter lived in Neverland and had been imagined up by a woman named Wendy Hamilton; formerly Wendy Darling. Isabelle dreamed up many a wondrous thing, however, her dream to travel to Neverland and fight pirates with the young man remained all throughout her childhood. Now at Seventeen years old Isabelle was readying herself for the real world, 2012 had no place for dreamers, in the time of Wendy Darling's childhood teenagers like Peter were still seen as children, however, now teenagers were thought of as young adults, and were expected to act with a certain amount of maturity.

It is here, with Isabelle Anderson in the town of Edinburgh that our tale begins, after all, our tales have to begin somewhere, else there be no tale at all. It was a warm April morning, quite unlike a Scottish April. Isabelle let herself be dragged out of bed by her little sister. Giving her eyes a hard rub, she peered at Alison curiously.

"What is it that couldn't wait until at least noon?"

Alison grinned and aimed her plastic sword at her sister's chest. "It's not very lady of you to be sleeping in till noon Wendy Darling."

Isabelle rolled her eyes and scrambled to her feet. "You will not best me Hook! My dear Peter shall come to my rescue, just you see!"

The girl threw herself toward her closet where a little green hat hung on the door knob. She placed it on her head and picked up her own sword.

"Fear not Wendy for I, Peter, am here to fight this hideous pirate!"

The two pranced around the small lilac room clashing swords until the door opened and Mrs Anderson was revealed. She crossed over her arms and sighed.

"Isabelle stop playing around and start studying! You have the most important exams of your life soon and I will not let you day dream your way into a fail! Anyway you are way too old for this Peter Pan rubbish!" She grabbed Isabelle's sword and left the room with a slam of the door.

"Issie?" Little Alison perched herself on the end of the bed looking glum. "Do you think that Wendy Darling really did meet Peter Pan."

Isabelle sighed as she pulled her school books out from her desk drawer, preparing herself for her studies.

"Alison, grow up, of course she didn't. She was a bored housewife who wrote a great, but very much untrue story about a boy who got to stay young and happy forever instead of having to grow up and be unhappy! Now scram! I have work to do."

Isabelle slouched onto her chair, unaware of the hurt she had just caused her baby sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Peter Pan, hope I haven't destroyed it!

Correen! Xxx