Status: new :3

Weightless

Hale Lambert

All my life I've been a small kid. All my life it's never been much of a problem. I've tried to gain weight, eat all the junk food I could find and stock it up until I've gained a few pounds. But it's never worked, I've never been able to gain weight.

My sister use to be jealous of me. She use to tell me that I was lucky, eat all I possibly could and not gain a pound. She use to tell me a lot of things though, a lot of things she said were always lies.

And my brother, he makes fun of my all the time about my weight. Tells me I'm to small for my height, tells me I should bulk up a bit. And I did. I went to the gym with him and started lifting weights to gain some defined muscle. But that only convinced my dad I should join my school's wrestling team.

So I did.

Now I'm a sophomore on our school's wrestling team, my weight's caused a problem, not for my family but for my team. Coach tells me I need to cut 10 pounds if I want to compete this season, he tells me I need to cut 10 pounds if I want to make my team proud. So that leads me to where I am now, running laps around the school track at 5 am on a Saturday morning.

I could feel my knees turning into jello and a sharp pain in my stomach, but I don't stop. If I stop running then I won't lose weight and I won't be able to compete and I'll just disappoint everyone. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was the one to disappoint everyone.

My phone started to ring, bringing me out of my trance. Reluctantly I came to a stop and answered my phone, "Hello." I wheezed as I walked over to the bleachers and sat down.

"Honey you've been out since 5 in the morning, come home right now and eat something before you faint. You didn't even eat dinner last night honey." My mom said beginning her morning ramble.

"Ma I told you I need to cut 10 pounds by Monday, that means I can't eat anything." I explained to her. "We go over this everytime I gain weight." I added sighing deeply.

"I know honey but I can't just let you starve yourself." she sighed turning motherly on me. "Besides you've always been small and now you're just getting smaller and I don't like this one bit."

"Ma I'm going to Nick's house after my run, ok?" I said picking at my adidas sweats.

"You better eat something even if it's just a granola bar, I don't want you fainting at all you hear me." she said sternly. I could faintly ear my dad telling her to stop nagging me which brought a small smile to my lips.

"Bye ma." I said tauntingly. "Love ya." I giggled.

"Love you too baby." she said before hanging up.

I slipped my phone into my pocket before looking up to the gray sky. I sighed loudly and stood up making my way out of the school's field and started my long walk to Nick's house.

I arrived to his suburban home and knocked on the front door. Seconds later his mother opened the door smiling widely at me, "How are you my little Hale?" she asked smothering me in a hug.

"Good." I squeaked out hugging her back softly.

She released me and smiled softly before letting me go on my way. "Nick's in his room!" she said as I hurried up the stairs. I pushed open Nick's door and strolled right in, falling onto the bed and curling into the mountain of pillows and blankets.

"Did you go our for another run?" Nick asked exiting his attached bathroom, a toothbrush hanging from his mouth.

"Yeah." I sighed feeling my eye lids grow droopy.

"If you keep this up it could become unhealthy. I'm pretty sure you dropped more than 10 pounds since last month." he lectured.

"I know. I know. I know." I sighed yawning softly. "Can I sleep now?" I asked.

"I mean if that's what you came over for."

"I came over to avoid my mom." I grumbled.

"What? Is she trying to force food into you. God forbid you actually eat something." he said jokingly.

"Very funny."

"Really let's get going. Brandon said we're going to his house today." Nick said slapping my back. "So take a shower and get ready."

I groaned and sat up stretching my limbs. I grabbed a pair of soccer sweats and a hoodie from Nick's dresser and headed to the bathroom. Nick and Brandon are best friends, when he isn't with me he's with Brandon. I admit I get jealous but I can't just keep Nick all to myself.

I took a quick cold shower -because the colder the shower the more calories you lose. Once I was finished and blow dried my hair and slipped on a beanie before heading out the bathroom. "Let's go." I sighed following Nick out the bedroom.

One reason I hate when Nick decides to hang out with Brandon is because Asher is there. And I hate being around Asher.
♠ ♠ ♠
a new story. i got this idea from two things, firstly i know some dudes on the wrestling team at my school and i always hear them talking about 'cutting weight' and stuff. and secondly i saw true life on mtv about high school wrestling and then this story was born.
feedback would be lovely.
<3