Status: new :3

Weightless

Hale Lambert

"Run boys run!" Coach yelled at us as we ran around the track. Nick and I kept a steady pace as we ran. I looked ahead of me to the gray sky surrounding us, it looked like it would rain soon, which wouldn't be much of a problem. If I got colder than maybe I'd lose more calories if I tried to keep my body warm.

Or maybe I'll get hypothermia.

"Your lagging there Hale." Nick laughed from a few paces before me. I narrowed my eyes at him and picked up my pace hurrying to catch up with him. "So breakfast at Asher's was awkward wasn't it?" Nick asked not glancing over to me.

I blushed just of the thought of what Adam said to me that morning. No guy has every tried to put the moves on me, I always assumed I looked straight to everyone. But to him I looked, flamboyant. "I hated it. Why did you take me?" I asked, wheezing ever so slightly.

"Because...well I don't really know but you had to come you're my best friend." Nick reasoned. "What did Adam say to you anyway, he made you turn as red as a tomato."

"Lambert and Princeton you're falling behind!" Coach screamed at us. I looked ahead of us to see that most of the team was finishing up their last lap while Nick and I were barely going to start.

"Shall we sprint?" Nick asked beginning to pull out of his steady jog.

"We shall." I said just as he began to sprint.

Δ Δ Δ


I threw on my hoodie and grabbed my duffle bag and backpack before heading out the locker room. Nick was already outside waiting for me while talking to a couple of the younger team member. "Finished." I announced to him taking a sip of gatorade.

Nick said bye to his friends before following me down the long empty school hall. "Did coach weigh you yet?" he asked taking a sip of his own water.

"He said tomorrow he'll weigh me." I stated pushing open the doors to the school. I ran down the steps and hurried to Nick's car parked in the student parking lot. I waited by the passenger door as Nick dragged himself to the driver's side.

"You hoping you made weight?" he asked opening the door for me. I settled into my seat before looking over to Nick.

"I know I did." I smirked. I looked out the window seeing small droplets of rain hit the street. "It's going to rain." I whispered rolling down the window and sticking my hand out feeling the rain hit my pale hand.

"Would you put up the window, and get your hand out from there you're going to get sick." Nick scolded.

I laughed and retrieved my hand before rolling the window up. "I don't want to go home yet." I frowned still looking out the window. Everything looked prettier in the rain, the sky looked prettier when it's gray and wind is blowing all around you.

"Your mom's probably mad at me for stealing you all weekend." Nick laughed pulling into my neighborhood. He drove down the street passing houses that look similar to mine, only different colors.

He finally pulled up to my house, shutting off his car and looked over to me. "Here's your stop."

I sighed collected my things before getting out the car. "Bye Nick." I said waving at him before running up the pathway and opening the front door. I was immediately tackled to the ground and looked up to see my older brother looking down at me.

"Where have you been?" he asked. "You weren't home all weekend and I was worried sick." he scolded shaking his finger at me.

"I was with Nick." I said. "Can you please get off me. I can't support your fat ass." I mumbled trying to hide my smirk.

"I am not fat." he said placing his hand over his chest. "That hurt Hale, right in the heart." He added helping me to my feet. I grabbed all my things and threw them into a closet before following him into the warm family room.

My dad sat on the couch in the family room watching t.v while my mom was at the kitchen connected to the family room. "I'm here!" I called falling onto the couch and grabbing a blanket to keep me warm.

"It's about time." my mom said. "You're always running off with that boy." she added.

"Sorry mama." I apologized.

"It's fine, at least you made it in time for dinner." she smiled.

Just as my mother said that both my brother and my dad jumped from their places on the couch and ran to the dinning room table.

I followed behind them a bit less enthusiastic about eating. I mean, you would be too if you worked so hard to put off all that weight and gain a few pounds because you deiced to eat dinner for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this chick at my school got a haircut, and she has like john o'callaghan hair now. i literally gushed a bit.
thanks to andysixisbangable and yournightmareXO
<3