Status: new :3

Weightless

Hale Lambert

I woke up extra early this morning, excitement filling each bone of my body. Today we're going for our meet, and hopefully I'd be able to compete. I pulled the thick covers off my body feeling the cold air hit my bare legs. I shivered slightly and scampered to my dresser pulling out my clothes for the day.

As usual I pulled out a pair of loose fitting skinny jeans and a hoodie. I hurried and took a shower and got ready before going downstairs. Oliver was slaving over the stove making some breakfast, and I couldn't help but smile softly. "Good morning." I greeted taking a seat at the bar stool.

Oliver turned around and grinned at me, "I made your favorite eggs and rice." he said the smile never really leaving his lips.

"Um. I'd rather not eat." I whispered picking at the place mat in front of me.

"But you have to gain." Oliver said slightly confused.

I shrugged and reached for my backpack next to me. "I'm walking to school." because when you walk, you loose more calories and burn more fat. "See you at the meet!" I called as I exited out the front door.

The cold air hit my face in a gust of wind as I walked down the street. The sky was gray and the large pine trees were in perfect view in front of me mixing well with the sky. I held onto the straps of my backpack as I neared the school.

People were gathered along the main entrance, joking around with each other. A large football jock bumped into me knocking me to the ground like a bowling pin. "Fuck, sorry man." he apologized before chasing after his friends. I picked myself off the floor and continued to make my way into the school.

"Took a bad fall there." Basiley said suddenly walking next to me. I didn't respond to him, just continued walking down the main hall. "Come on now, don't ignore me." he chuckled following me like a lost puppy.

"Leave me alone Base." I said trying to be firm, but sounding more annoyed.

"I would do that but we have first period together." he said.

I could tell today is going to be a long day.

Δ Δ Δ


I sat in the bus listening to the chatter of our team mates. I rested my head against the cold glass window as I stared out to the wet street and the rain hitting the cement ground. Brandon and Asher were turned around in their seats in front of me talking to Nick, who was next to me.

I tuned them out though, they tend to talk about senior stuff which I don't care about considering I'm just a sophomore.

I raised the volume of my iPod wishing everyone would just shut up already. I already had to go through 4 classes today of annoying people, I don't want to go through the same with my team.

"Hale!" I looked away from the window and to the person calling my name. Of course it would be Brandon of all people.

"What." I spat, annoyance clear in my voice.

He looked slightly taken back with my snappy response and whispered a quick never mind. I rolled my eyes and rested my head back on the window, propping my hood on my head. I raised the volume to full blast letting the heavy metal music fill my ears.

I don't like snapping at people, in fact I never snap at people. But lately I've just felt grumpy and overall tried. Nick told me I don't act the same anymore, he says I act like a girl PMSing.

Δ Δ Δ


I sat on a bench in the locker rooms at our competing school. My knee was bouncing up and down as held my towel in my hands. "Lambert!" the coach called.

I pulled out my ear buds and looked over to the coach standing at the entrance of the locker room. I stood up dropping my things onto the bench and slipping on my hoodie. I walked over to him, "What's up?" I asked.

"We're going to weigh you in." he said to me.

I could feel fear run cold through my body at his words. I nodded softly and followed him to a empty classroom not far from the locker rooms. He set a scale on the ground and motioned me to take off my shoes and hoodie. I quickly slipped them off and stepped on the scale taking a deep breath and shutting my eyes.

"83." he said with clear disappoint in his voice. "There's nothing we can do at this point Hale. You're not competing." he said shaking his head ever so slightly.

"What!" I yelled. "I have to compete. Coach I have to!" I screamed feeling my eyes well up.

"Well I'm sorry Hale, you're not weighing in at the right weight." he said completely defeat. "Go back to the locker rooms, I'll tell them we're forfeiting your match."

I watched as the coach left the room leaving me completely alone. I leaned against the wall. I let out one sob resting my head on my knees. I worked so hard to make weight, why couldn't they understand that!

Why can't anyone understand that.
♠ ♠ ♠
fuck, i'm sorry this took forever. I've been hella busy with school and stuff.
but at least i updated, and i probably will more since i have a three day weekend.
<3