Status: new :3

Weightless

Asher Yerby

I sat in the locker room watching as the guys joked around. I took a deep breath and reached for my water bottle before chugging half of it. "Hey there." I looked over to the voice finding Basiley standing there dressed in his tights and a hoodie.

"Hey." I greeted back turning to face him. "Where's Hale. I thought I saw you guys walking together."

"Oh yeah, coach called him into a classroom to talk to him about weight." he said.

Just then the coach came storming into the locker room. His face was red and his hands were shaking, he was mumbling something to himself but it was all slurred together I had no way of knowing. I glanced over to Base, "What room." I asked standing up.

"Out the locker rooms, 3 doors to your left." he said.

I hurried out the locker room and walked down three doors. Sure enough I could already hear Hale's sobbing which broke my heart entirely. I quietly opened the door, "H-Hale?"

He glanced over his arm, "What do y-you want." He asked resting his head against the wall.

"To make sure you're ok." I told him taking a seat next to him.

"I'm not." he whispered closing my eyes. "Can you leave." he asked softly looking over to me.

"I don't want to." I said quietly. "I'm afraid for you."

"What does that mean?" he asked glaring at me.

"I'm afraid of what you'll do to yourself."

His face turned red and he suddenly jumped up from the floor in full fury. "I'm not some fucking nutcase. I'm not going to fucking hurt myself over this. Who the fuck do you think I am!" he screamed.

I stared up at him before rising to my feet. "I think there's something going on with you Hale. I'm going to figure it out and get you help." I said calmly.

"Fuck you." he spat pushing open the door of the class and heading out the class. I sighed and ran my hands down my face.

What ever is going on with Hale, I can't just turn a shoulder on it and ignore him. There's something he's not telling us. There's something going through his mind and I need to know.

Δ Δ Δ


We got back to school late at night. The sky was cold, and dark. I stepped off the bus and walked to the school gates watching as everyone got into their cars. I walked to the four door truck parked further away from everyone, I opened the back door and got in. "Hey dad." I greeted.

"I'm not your father you dip shit."

I looked up to the front seat seeing Adam there rather than my dad. I groaned and banged my head against the window. "What the fuck are you doing with dad's truck?" I asked.

"Picking you up, and maybe someone else." he smirked, his gaze focused on something outside. I followed his gaze and noticed he was staring at Hale. I felt a lump grown in my throat and he drove toward Hale and offered him a ride, and of course Hale accepted.

The ride was silent, it was awkward and I desperately just wanted to get out of this car. Adam pulled in front of Hale's house and offered to walk him to the door. This is all too sickening to me, the way he's just messing with Hale.I glared at Adam, watching him as he kissed Hale on the cheek. I knew what he was going to do to him, and Hale of all people doesn't deserve this. He's going through so much with his insecurities and now Adam's going to step right in and make him feel worse about himself. I can't stand and watch this.

"You look angry." Adam said stepping into the car.

"Other than the fact that you kissed my team mate, I'm not angry at all." I sneered.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Adam chuckled dryly.

"My respect for you." I muttered glaring out the window.

"And I'm absolutely hurt by this." he said faking hurt.

"Leave Hale alone." I whispered getting straight to the point. "He's going through personal issues and the last thing he needs is you bringing him even more down."

"I think I'm going to stick with him a while longer. He's so innocent he has no clue what's going on." Adam laughed.

"You're an ass." I hissed. "And don't think you're going to tear him down so easily. I won't let you get that far."

"Is this a challenge?" Adam asked raising his eyebrows in a intriguing manner. "You know I can't back out of a challenge." he added.

"Then yeah, it is." I agreed. "You won't hurt Hale like you've done with every other human out there."

"Is it because you actually like him?" Adam asked.

"No." Of course not, no. Maybe. Kinda. Yes. "Just drop it." I muttered getting out the car and hurrying into our house. I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom falling onto my bed. All I want to do is sleep and forget everything that's going to take place in the next few weeks.

Δ Δ Δ


I waited patiently by Hale's locker holding a Chemistry book in one hand and my backpack in the other. I needed to confront Hale about Adam, tell him he's making a big mistake affiliating himself with him. And I could only hope he'll listen.

"Hi Asher." Hale greeted as he opened his locker, throwing in his books and pulling out a binder.

"Hey." I greeted nervously. "Think we can talk?" I asked watching as he closed his locker and faced me.

"Back portables sound good?" I nodded and walked next to him as we headed to the back of the school where the class portables were. We walked all the way to the last portable, the empty one that no one uses other than a storage room.

He jumped onto the railing and looked down at me, "So can I tell you something first." he asked looking slightly jittery.

"Sure."

He nodded and pressed his lips together before speaking up, "I'm gay." he whispered not looking into my eyes, not even daring to look at me.

"You think I hate you?" I asked. "Because I don't."

"Yeah but the rest of the team will." he frowned jumping off the railing. "And I'll get kicked off and my life would be over."

"You want me to keep it a secret?" I guessed leaning against the railing next to him. I shoved my hands deep into my pockets and looked up to the gray sky.

"Please." he begged like a small child.

"Sure."

He smiled widely and gave me a back crushing hug, "Thank you thank you thank you." he repeated gigging. The late bell suddenly rang causing Hale to jump away from me. "I gotta go see you at practice." he called scurrying away.

"Hale!" I called after him remembering I had to warn him about Adam. "Hale!" I called again, but it was too late. He was already rushing down the halls far away from me to hear me. "Fuck." I cursed punching the wall.

I held back my anger and slipped to the floor. Maybe Adam is right.

I think I like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
update (:
next chapter is going to be...well just wait and see...
<3