Status: new :3

Weightless

Asher Yerby

I stared at the crowd surrounding the mats placed around the large gym. My mind was racing with thoughts, firstly Hale was occupying most of my mind. Adam was taking up a small chunk and wrestling had a a large portion. I haven't been thinking straight these last few days since I found Hale and everything's just turning into a mess.

"Asher did you hear?" Brandon asked coming over to me. "Hale could wrestle he made weight. He's at 90." he squealed in excitement.

"That's great." I said, attempting to smile.

"I know we won't have to forfeit that match." he said running off the tell the rest of the guys. I looked back to to the mat Basiley was currently wrestling on, and as always he won his match.

"Ready Yerby?" coach asked slapping his hand against my shoulder.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said making my way onto the mat as I strapped on my head gear. I let my mind focus primarily on winning, putting everything else out of my mind. I pretended the guy I was wrestling was Adam, pretended I was beating the shit out of Adam and not some random guy.

Soon I had him pinned on the ground with no chance of breaking free. The referee claimed me the winner and raised my hand in the air, a bunch of cheers and whistles could be heard as I walked off the mat to where the rest of the guys where standing. "What's going on?" I asked approaching them.

"Hale's about to wrestle." they informed me looking at the mat where Hale was already ready to go. I watched as he wrestled, his body moving almost effortlessly. After a few minutes he has the other boy on the ground unable to escape. Once the ref claimed him the winner he came running to me, the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face.

"Did you see that Asher, I did so go and I won." he said the smiling never leaving his lips.

"Yeah I did, coach will be proud of you." I said wrapping my arms around him and giving him a hug. The other teammates congratulated him as well before slowly disappearing. "Come with me." I whispered to Hale leading him out the school's gym and to an the courtyard.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly.

"Are you feeling ok, with what happened the other day?" I asked sitting on a bench.

"I mean, I'm still a bit sore but I took some advil." he mumbled shrugging his small shoulders lightly.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled softly.

"It wasn't your fault, you kinda warned me and I didn't listen." Hale said sitting next to me and taking his hand in mine. "Please don't blame yourself." Hale begged.

"It's just I could of stopped you. I wish I did, I really do." I said feeling my voice grow shaky as tears gathered at my eyes. Hale took me in his arms wrapping his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his shoulders holding him close. I keep apologizing to him, even though he said it wasn't my fault it felt like it was. It felt like I was the one that hurt him because I couldn't stop it.

Once my tears has stopped I pulled away from Hale and looked down at him. "Sorry for that." I laughed wiping at my eyes.

"It's ok." Hale smiled stilling hugging me.

"I don't want to see you get hurt again." I whispered softly. Hale looked up to me and smiled, "Not with you by my side I won't." he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been a super long time, but i finally got it up.