Eyes Wide Shut

Coffee and Cigarettes

'Meet me at 2 in starbucks, babe ;) Ben'

I finished applying my mascara and checked my phone, checking what time Ben decided he wanted to meet up.

"Where are you off to darlin'?" Ryan asked as he came into my room.

"I'm meeting Ben for coffee, if you must know." I laughed.

"He is actually really hot." I laughed and shook my head.

"He's hot, i'll give you that."

"Well just be good. I don't want a mini Emma running around the place in 9 months. You are bad enough, never mind another one."

I laughed and picked up a pillow from my bed. Aiming it just at Ryan's face, I threw it at him.

"Fuck off."

I picked up my phone and bag, before walking straight past Ryan and out of the room.

"Love you too, bitch!" Ryan called.

"See you later." I laughed, and shut the door behind me.

I drove over to the city centre, and parked the car near Starbucks. And by near, I mean, a good walk away. My driving skills were... non-existent, shall we say? I'm terrible at parking, so I made sure that if Ben was early, he wouldn't see my attempts.

I grabbed my bag off of the passenger seat, checked how I looked in the mirror and got out. I pressed the little lock icon on the keys, and began to walk off in the direction of the shop.

"Emma" Ben smiled as he saw me coming up the pavement.

"Hey, Ben." I smirked.

When I got up to where he was waiting, he kissed my cheek quickly and then opened the door for me to go in. As I walked in, he rested his hand on the small of my back, and sort of led me to a table with two big armchairs.

"What do you want, sweetheart?" Ben cooed in my ear.

"I'll have a grande caramel hot chocolate please."

"No problem." He winked and left, to go and get our drinks.

I put my bag down on the floor beside me, and pulled my iphone out. I had one message from Ryan.

'Im going out, bitchola. I'll be back in a bit. Sid is taking me out for lunch! Ah i'm excited! But yeah, let me know if you need me or whatever. Love you babycakes!'

I smiled and text Ryan back.

'Okay, I will. And behave ;) '

I sent it, and waited for his reply.

'I always do. And don't you do anything that I wouldn't do!'

I smiled and shook my head. I locked my phone and put it back into my bag, just as Ben came back to the table.

"Thank you." I smiled and picked up my hot chocolate. I took a sip and realised it was far too hot. Ben must have noticed I burned my mouth, as he sat and smirked at me.

"What?" I said.

"Oh nothing." He winked and took a drink of his coffee. "So, you enjoy last night?"

"Yeah, it was good thanks." I smiled. "You?"

"Course I did, love." Ben smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "So tell me about yourself."

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"I don't know." Ben chuckled. "Anything."

"Like what?" I laughed.

"Okay,let's play a game then."

"Okay."

"It's called truth or truth."

"What?" I laughed. "Is it a crappy attempt at truth or dare, or what is it?"

"No! Don't insult my game!" He chuckled. "I ask you something, and you have to give me an honest answer. Then you get to do the same. Oh and you can ask really awkward questions. And you can't ask the same one back."

I tilted my head to the side, and tried to make sense of his game.

"You go first then. Show me how to play it." I told him.

"Okay... um... have you ever been fired from a job?"

I laughed, surprised at how personal the conversation was already.

"Yes." I replied simply and laughed.

"Why?" He asked, as his mouth formed a smirk and his eyes twinkled slightly with evil happiness.

"Aw this is kind of awkward.... um I worked in a hairdressers for a bit. Well a barber's shop to be more precise. My ex boyfriend at the time had only just broken up with me about a month before and I was heartbroken. I found out the day before that he'd cheated on me as well. For a few months, with my best friend. And surprise, surprise the following day, my first customer was my ex. And I know I shouldn't have done it or whatever, but I gave him the worst hair cut I could ever give. And I loved every second of it!" I laughed and blushed, probably having scared Ben off by now.

"Impressive!" He laughed. "That takes balls!"

"I know." I laughed,relieved he seemed to find the funny side of it all.

"Okay, so your go now." Ben smiled

"Okay...umm...have you ever been in trouble with the police?"

"Yes." Ben laughed. "A few times actually."

I smiled and questioned him on it further.

"When? What did you do?" I laughed.

"Oh, just me and the boys were messing about. We forgot where we were meant to be going one night and just walked around London, screaming for people to help us. But it was 3 in the morning and the fuckers living in the flats around us called the police. We got a warning for anti social behaviour. Nothing major, just it happens every so often." Ben shrugged and I laughed.

"You and your friends must be a right handful to look after" I laughed and Ben agreed.

We carried on with the game for a bit, until I was unable to hear Ben over the noise of the rowdy customers that had just entered the coffee shop and sat down. I ignored them as best I could and tried to carry on talking to Ben.

He smiled at me. "I might not be an innocent little thing, but for some reason, I feel like you just might be a match for me."

I smirked. I leaned in across the table to Ben and motioned for him to move forward too. I then whispered in his ear "That's what they all say."

Ben chuckled and nodded. "I wouldn't argue with that."

Just as Ben finished what he was saying, kissing noises and 'oh I love you Ben's' were heard from the table behind us. I then realised that the noisy group of people were Ben's friends from the night before.

"Ignore them." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed and shook my head at them.

"Don't worry about it. My friends would probably do the same." I told him and he smiled.

"Fuck off mate!" Came a loud booming voice over the hum of the busy coffee shop.

Both Ben and I looked over towards his friends. Two of them had decided to annoy the other, who I assumed was recovering rom a hangover. He had a hat on, and his bushy hair was swept across his face. He had aviator sunglasses on, and the other two men kept trying to steal them from him.

"Ben, tell them to fuck off!" He shouted and the whole shop had turned their attention towards us.

"Lets go?" Ben suggested and I nodded.

He stood up and waited for me to grab my bag. I pulled on my coat and stood up. Ben put his hand on the small of my back and led me out of the shop.

"Sorry about them."

"It's fine." I laughed. "Don't worry."

We began to walk up the pavement at the side of the road when we could hear a loud noise from behind us.

"Ben, you fucking dick!" A man shouted and ran up behind him. He jumped on his back and Ben stumbled forwards a few steps.

"What the fuck was that for man? Get the fuck off me!" Ben shouted at him, and the man jumped off.

He then turned his attention towards me. "Im Danny. Ben's boyfriend."

I nodded, sort of creeped out by their actions. What, like are they fourteen or something?

"Fuck off Danny." Ben said and walked over to me. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me in.

"Oh, this is your new lady friend Ben? The one from the bar?" He asked.

" Emma, this is Danny. Danny, this is Emma."

"It's nice to meet you Emma."

"You too." I smiled, thankful for the break in the childish actions.

"Do you know what isn't so nice though, Emma?" Danny asked.

"What?" I asked cautiously.

"Ben's baby penis. Its tiny. Honestly." Danny said, with a serious look on his face.

"Danny!" Ben said, understandably irritated.

I leaned in to Danny and got up on my tiptoes.

"Why don't I be the judge of that?" I whispered and then stepped back from him. The look on his face was priceless.

"Yeah, Ben. She's a keeper." He said and laughed.

"What did you say, love?" Ben asked me.

"Oh, nothing really." I replied and winked at him.

Ben looked concerned as the rest of his friends caught up.

"I'm Sam." One of the men introduced themselves.

"Emma." I smiled.

"This is Cameron and James." He said and the two men nodded to say hello.

"It's nice to meet you all." I smiled, slightly overwhelmed by all of them.

"I'm sorry about this lot. It's hard to control them all." A girl smiled. "I'm Laura. Sam's girlfriend."

"It's fine." I laughed. "Just a bit overwhelming."

"You'll get used to it." She laughed.

But did I want to... that was the question. What the hell was I getting into?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, trying to get back into this again after ages....

Let me know what you think

Bekah x