Just Like Heaven

Facts

I felt horrible the whole day, because Mikey didn't call and Max kept apologizing. I had told him that he didn't need to, but that didn't stop him. He thought I was mad, but I wasn't, I was confused.

I didn't know who MCR was, or what my nephew was rambling about. I didn't ask, I didn't want to know unless Mikey wanted me to. Max wanted to explain, but I told him not to.

"Can we still go to the comic shop?" Max asked me bashfully; my brother was using my computer and was gonna head to the gym.

"Yeah, we can."

"Do you want me to show you what TUA is?"

I shrugged, "Sure...but if it's about Mikey--"

Max cut me off, "It isn't, I swear."

I nodded, "Alright, we'll go."


The entire ride, Max told me about Gerard Way's comic, the Umbrella Academy. I only got a bit of what Max was rambling about, because I was thinking only of Mikey. I wondered if he were mad at me, or embarrassed that I knew something of him. 

I didn't care about the whole rehab thing, or leaving his band. I just cared about him, how sweet he is, and how he cares about me. If he were a super rockstar, I wouldn't care, as long as he kept being the same old Mikey I know.

At the comic shop, I bought Max a couple of issues, then he showed me the Umbrella Academy. I smiled at them, they looked really cool. I reluctantly bought the Apocalypse Suite that was released the month before, with all six issues. I wondered then if Mikey would flip out at me for buying them. I hoped not...I just wanted to get to know him better, even if it was through his brother's comic books.

Max and I went out for an early dinner, for burgers, and then went back to my apartment. To my surprise, I saw Mikey sitting at the entry. Max stilled, as did I, and we look at Mikey, unsure.

"Can we talk, Morgan?" Mikey spoke up.

I looked at Max, and handed him the bags, "Uh, here, Max, take these upstairs."

"Okay." Max and I start towards the entry. I stopped in front of Mikey, and Max stopped shortly behind him, "Hey, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean to bombard you." Max turned a little, waiting for Mikey to say anything.

Mikey stood, chuckling, "It's cool, I mean, you're what? 12?"

Max laughed, "I'm going to be 13 in April!" Max turned to me, "Geez, Auntie, if he's gonna be your boyfriend, can you at least give him the right information?"

Mikey laughed and I rolled my eyes, "The date of your birth never came up, Maxwell! Now, get your butt upstairs."

Max grumbled and jogged up the stairs to my apartment. I crossed my arms, non-threateningly, and faced Mikey. He smiled at me, forcing it, but then he dropped it, and rubbed his neck.

"I'm sorry I lied." He said finally.

"Lied about what?" I raised my brow.

"Calling you. I said I'd call you, but I didn't." He gave me an honest, but sheepish smile.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I wasn't waiting by the phone."

He chuckled, "I wasn't expecting you to, but I thought I'd let you know."

I looked at him, reading his eyes, trying to put into words about this morning. I wanted to tell him that I didn't care about what my nephew had said, that I liked him for who he is. Mikey opened his mouth and exhaled.

"About what your nephew said...it's sort of true." Mikey stopped after that, just lost his voice, his nerve I believe.

"Why didn't you just tell me you were in rehab? I wouldn't have cared." The words started to form, and then tumble from my mouth, "I mean, if your in rehab for something extremely dangerous, like beating up your girlfriend, then I would care, other than that, I'm okay with it. As far as you being in a band, I don't care either. As long as you are the same Mikey I met last week, then I'm all good."

Oh god, I waited a good 30 seconds before I had doubts. But, then he smiled at me. Mikey laughed and smiled. My heart, my world, seemed at ease.

"Thank you." He said before he pulled me into a warm, loving, hug. 

I held him, "You're welcome."

He let me go a few seconds later, and when he looked at me, I swear his eyes were glassy; "I never know when a woman is being genuine with me...most of them used me to get to my brother."

I brushed my hand against forehead, "Those woman were too stupid to even think what they had." I spoke honestly, without anymore fear, "I mean, if they had one conversation with you, I don't think they'd want to be with your brother."

He chuckled, "My brother is pretty irresistible."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, c'mon, look at you. I wanna rip your clothes off."

Yes, I said that. Oh man, how red I turned.

Mikey laughed, "You wanna rip my clothes off?" 

I blushed still, "Oh god, I cannot believe I said that out loud."

He pinched my cheek, "But you did. Is that a dream of yours?"

I smirked, "Possibly."

Mikey leaned in, kissing my cheek and then leaned in my ear, "I can make your dreams come true." 

I giggled, "Fuckin' cheese ball." I slugged him gently, and he stepped back, but regained his balance.

He took my hand, he bit his bottom lip, "I never felt this way about a girl before, so fast. I..." he stalled for a moment, "I have so many things to tell you...I just want to make sure you can handle me and all my baggage."

I raised my brow slightly, "Do you have kids? Are you like married or something?" I joked.

The look on his face. Oh man, I got nervous quick.

He shook his head, then he looked down, "I was..."

I frowned a bit, "Divorced?" He nodded, "How long?"

He sighed, "Can I tell--explain this to you later? I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I...I want to tell you when we're completely alone." He rubbed my hand gently.

I nodded, "O...okay. Tomorrow maybe? I have to--"

He cut me off, "Yeah, yeah, I understand."

"Thanks." I stepped forward and pecked his lips, "Goodnight, Mikey."

"Goodnight, Morgan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh happy day!
:) dunno what to say, but um thanks for reading!