Just Like Heaven

Just Like Heaven

Mikey and I put Noah in his bed after the concert, with Piggy, and then retreated to our room. We both began to undress; Mikey turned to me, "I'm gonna hit the shower. I'm sweaty as fuck."

I chuckled softly, "Go ahead."

I watched Mikey unbutton his jeans and pull his zipper down, pulling his jeans off and headed to the bathroom. I got in bed, turned the TV on, and nearly began to drift off at the background noise of it and the shower.

I was still a bit up when Mikey returned from the bathroom, drying his hair off in a pair of cartoon pajama bottoms. I smiled at him, giggling softly. He have a smile right back, "What?" He asked.

"You look cute. I rarely ever see you shirtless."

He raised a brow, "What?" He chuckled.

"I'm just saying, y'know, I never see you, really, without a shirt. You got a nice body."

Mikey shook his head with another laugh, "That's really random of you, M."

I shrugged, "Just saying."

He climbed into bed beside me, I yawned, happily letting his arms wrap around me. I pressed my head against his bare chest and slowly began to drift to sleep. 

"Morgan, are you asleep?" He asked softly.

"Almost." I replied.

Mikey hummed, "I saw Alicia tonight."

I stiffened a moment, "Me too. She... She was kind."

He looked down at me, "Was she? What'd she say?"

"That she was sorry and that we're lucky."

Mikey squeezed his arm around me, "We are."

"It was nice of her to say those things." I said softly.

"Yeah." He sighed, "It's so... Weird how life works out, y'know? It wasn't that long ago that I felt strongly for her... Now, I got you and Noah, and I can't even remember how it felt to be with her. I'm happy, more than that actually, with you."

I felt tears coming on, "I'm happy you are, Mikey."

He looked down at me, "Are you cryin'?" He asked.

"Can't help it," I answered with a nod, "I love you."

He leaned over and kissed my face, "I love you, too, M."

I leaned up and pecked his lips. My heart fluttered and my baby kicked. I sighed contently, Mikey kept his hold on me while I drifted off to sleep.

It was such a nice night.

•••

It was no surprise that as the weeks passed, Mikey's heart was calling to return to the band. I was happy that he had felt the way he did, because it's his passion. That one might was encouraging to all of us, Noah especially, we supported Mikey to return to the band.

He only did a few shows that weren't too far from our hometown, and we discussed what would happen after we had our baby. I was alright with him going on tour, just that he kept in touch was my own gripe. He promised and slowly, he left the limits of California to do shows.

His first major shows were on the East coast; he also got to see his dad, which was nice. His father was recovering well, and his illness wasn't bad as we expected. The medication was helping, and Don was surpassing the days the doctors had given him to live.

Don lived to see Vivian and Gerard's daughter's birth in January. Viv and Gee named her Summer, and she is the cutest little thing. Viv and I got very close over the weeks Gerard and Mikey were gone; she often stayed over, and I gave her information on what to expect after birth. 

Summer was born on the 30th, and she looks more like Viv than Gerard. She has dark hair and light green eyes; she obviously got that from Vivian. But, she makes faces like the Way boys, and it's the cutest thing ever.

I helped take care of Summer, and I couldn't wait until my own was born. It was nerve wrecking, almost, and I couldn't wait. Noah couldn't wait either, he helped count the days off; my due date was February 10th.

And, right on schedule, February 9th, my water broke and Mikey drove me to the hospital. It was just he and I, it was quite blissful and quiet. Noah had spent the night with my mom and Max; my mom did so just incase I did go into labor or something.

I sure did, I kind of wished Noah was there.

The birth was really quick, our baby was born 5 minutes after midnight, on February 10th. I had been in labor for 5 hours, Mikey sat with me, his hand in mine, looking a bit scared, but more so excited. Our daughter came into the world with a small wail and that was it; she was quiet and I had gotten frightened, but she was perfect after the doctor smack her butt. Mikey almost hit the doctor for doing that, his exact words were, "What the fuck you do that for? You want me to put you in ICU, man?"

I laughed, and I was so happy to hear her, I didn't mind. 

The nurse had given her to Mikey first, and Mikey actually climbed into the bed with me, handing Luna to me first, then wrapped his arm around me. My heart raced once I looked at her face; she had a small frown and furrowed brows, "She looks like you when you get frustrated." I had said to Mikey.

He chuckled, "She's beautiful though. She looks more like you, M."

Luna has light colored hair, unlike Noah's, and her eyes are the same honey color as his. She has my button nose that Mikey pointed out; she is perfect.

"God, I hadn't ever seen a girl so beautiful before... She and Eloise are beautiful." Mikey said this quietly, speaking to himself I suppose.

I hadn't said a thing, I just stared at my baby, she's too beautiful to put into words. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Mikey had taken a picture of her and sent it to Gerard and then to his mom and dad. 

When Luna went into the nursery, Noah, my mom, Brendan, and Max had shown up and looked at her. Noah had come in the room and sat in the bed with me, lying his head on my shoulder, "Mommy, you 'kay?"

I nodded, "I'm just fine. Did you see Luna?"

He nodded, "She's pretty."

I smiled, "Yeah, I know."

"She looks like Summer." He told me, "Do I get to hold her like Summer?"

I nodded, "Yep, but she's gotta rest. She's very sleepy."

He nodded again, "I know, I see her sleepin'."

It wasn't too long that Paula had shown up, smiling at me; "Holy shit." Were her words.

"What?" I asked.

"Just... Can't believe you got another one. I'm so happy for you."

I chuckled, "Me too. I get to be thin again!"

Paula giggled, "She's a cutie too. Luna... That's an odd name." She sighed next, "I should expect it from you guys."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Yeah, what of it?"

"Nothin'... You got unique taste."

I smiled in return, "I'm so glad she's here."

Paula smiled knowingly at me, "Us, too, M."

I couldn't wait to see Luna again, it felt so good to have her here. Mikey and I are happy to have her. Anything that'll come our way, we could handle it.

•••

After getting Luna home, it seemed as if time went by us faster than we anticipated. The days went by like minutes, weeks were hours, and months are days. Luna had been home with us and she got bigger, as did Noah; time just took us by surprise.

We hadn't really noticed much of a difference until Mikey would have to leave on tour. Time slipped by, and we didn't really trip out about how long he would be gone, because it didn't even seem that long. We'd talk, we'd Skype; it was easy keeping in touch and letting Mikey talk and see Noah and Luna everyday he was gone.

It was a bit sad that Mikey didn't see Luna 24/7 like I did. Every minute I practically discovered something new about her. She was louder than Noah was and she cried a lot, she was like a spoiled brat, without actually being spoiled. I didn't mind, because she is too cute when it comes to wanting her way. 

Luna pouts at me until she gets her way, and she makes the same angry face Mikey does. She grins when you mention Mikey's name; she is a total daddy's girl. She loves to play and be a little girl; she loves Summer and she loves for Noah to push her in their little radio flyer.

The two are attached at the hip. The best brother and sister duo. It reminds me of how I used to be with Max, and how Brendan used to take care of me.

By the time Luna had turned 3, she had everyone wrapped around her little finger. Noah was her biggest fan, he loves her to pieces. He will do absolutely anything to keep her happy. When Mikey wasn't home, Noah became her idol, and vice versa.

I was happy with having the two of them, and Mikey and I hadn't talked about anymore babies. I sort of wanted another, and was a bit afraid to talk to Mikey about it. When he had gotten home from the latest tour, I waited a few days before I actually got the guts to talk to him.

Mikey was rocking Luna to sleep in the rocking chair in her room. Noah was in his room going over the words for his spelling test. He likes quiet when he does that, so didn't bother him.

Anyway, Mikey looked as if he was near sleep too. Luna was asleep, curled up in his lap, her arms tuck against her chest and Mikey's arms around her. He smiled when I entered, I leaned against her pretty, pink pony dresser, "Hey, Mike?"

He hummed, "Yeah, M?"

I bit at my lip, "I was wondering... How would you feel about a baby?"

He smiled again, "I'd love another one, but I don't think Luna would like it too much."

I chuckled, "Yeah, I know."

He got up, slowly, cradling Luna gently, "Are you pregnant?" He asked quietly; he placed her in her small canopy, princess bed.

I shook my head, "No... I just thought..."

Mikey came over and wrapped his arms around me, "We can try, we ain't too old yet." He gave a soft laugh, "I'm happy with whatever. I love you no matter what."

I smiled happily, contently and squeezed my arms around his middle, "Me too, everything's perfect... Another baby would be... Heaven." I spoke softly.

Mikey laughed softly again, "Just like heaven?"

I nodded, pecking his cheek, "Yep."

"Then, let's do it. Ain't no harm."

"You sure?" I ask for confirmation, "We're on the same page?"

He kissed my forehead, "Always, M. Always."
♠ ♠ ♠
That's is the end and I am in tears! I loved writing this story very much, and it took me a little over 4 months to get to this point. I really want to say thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting, every single one of you; this story wouldn't be what it is without you all!
I'm all sad and stuff, thanks again, all :) I love you
Thanks for reading!

xo alison santi