Just Like Heaven

Swift

For an hour, Mikey showed me pictures and told me of his band, My Chemical Romance. I barely remembered hearing of them at all, especially since I love the Used and Fall Out Boy. I remembered their song Helena, but I never learned their names. It was really weird how much I had been oblivious to their existence. I'm sure, if I had paid more attention, I would have loved them, and I guess I would have been star struck seeing Mikey Way following me home.

"Are you going to return to the band?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "I want to, now that I'm clean...I'm just a little worried about falling into old habits."

"I'm sure you can curb your addictions. You've been great so far, yeah?" 

He nodded, "Yeah...mainly because of you."

"Me?" I raised my brow.

"I've been getting clean and taking my medication so I could talk to you."

I blushed, "For real?"

"Yeah, is that hard to believe?" he gave me a smirk, that turned into a smile.

"Actually, yes. No guy has ever jumped through hoops for me."

Mikey leaned over, "Massive, flaming hoops, I might add."

Within a second his lips were attached to mine. Mikey and I kissed like shy teenagers, first kisses and such. It was hard trying to figure how fast or slow we should go. Knowing all this didn't make a difference, I still wanted him, just like before. Butterflies attacked my stomach, making me squirm in my spot.

Mikey put his hands gently on my neck, his long fingers massaging, rolling against my skin. I moved forward, smoothing my tongue against his bottom lip. Our tongues met again, soul mates practically, moving together in perfect sync.

The whole scene was perfect. 

Well, until there was a knock on his door. He groaned against my lips and pulled away; "It's Gee."

"I have to go anyway," I said softly, "My brother and nephew kind of want to go out; they rarely ever come to California."

He smiled, he stood and helped me up, "I'll call you later?" He seemed to be asking permission.

I nodded, "Yeah."

He opened the door, his brother stood there, only, he had had dyed his hair black now. I raised my brow slightly, he smiled, "Hello Morgan."

"Hi Gerard."

"I won't ask, I just came to eat and bother my brother."

I chuckled, "It's okay. I'll see you guys."

"Wait," Mikey called as I stepped out the door. Without a warning, he kissed me swiftly.

My whole body tingled when he did so, even my cheeks burned. Gerard chuckled and Mikey gave me another peck, "See ya."

I waved and skipped along. Yes, I skipped up the stairs. I swear, I almost jumped up and clipped my heels like an idiot.

•••

My whole day was better than I would have imagined. Everything was at ease, no animosity, no fear, anger or awkwardness. I am happy with how things turned out, and I was happy that Max didn't bug me about Mikey. 

Only...now, it was my brother who was bugging me. When Max went on to buy candy at the concession stand, my brother and I sat in our seats, at the movie theater, and he began to ask me questions.

"So, was or is he in rehab?" 

I looked at Brendan and frowned, "I'm having a good day, Brendan--"

He cut me off, "I'm watching out for you, Morgan."

"He isn't anymore, if you must know. He sees a therapist, other than that, he is perfectly healthy."

He nodded, "Good. What was he in for?"

I rolled my eyes, "Does it matter?"

"Yes."

I watched Brendan's eyes turn to determination, "He was an alcoholic, he doesn't--"

"Morgan, we grew up with--"

"I know!" I hissed and ran a hand through my hair, "I told him that, and he's sober. We've only been together a short time, Bren, and I would like it if you had a tiny bit of faith in me."

Brendan frowned, "You aren't the brightest bulb in the tanning bed."

"What the heck is that suppose to mean? I haven't done anything wrong! You're the one who went and had a baby before you even graduated high school!" I felt bad for letting it come to this, Brendan tensed up and looked away; "Bren, I'm sorry, okay? I just hate when you and mom think I can't do stuff on my own. It took me 2,000 miles to prove her wrong, so what will it take you?"

Brendan looked at me, "I worry about you."

I patted his head, "I know you do, I appreciate it, but I'm a big girl, I can do it."

He sighed, "I gotta let go of the back of your seat, don't I?" I chuckled at his training wheels joke.

"Yes."

"Okay, fine. Just, don't do anything too stupid with this guy."

"I wouldn't think of it."

With that little bubble popped, we watched our movie, had a nice dinner and went home. When we got to the apartment, just like clock work, there was Mikey. Only, he was standing with his brother, who was smoking a cigarette and talking. We all waved as we began to ascend the stairs, but Mikey took hold of my hand, "Can you spare a minute?"

I looked to Brendan, who had stopped and gave me a questioning glance, "I'll be up."

Brendan nodded, but then looked at Mikey, "You hurt my kid sister, I'll mess up your face."

Mikey's eyes bulged while I groaned, "Brendan, stop it."

Gerard laughed, "I am not getting in on that, you're on your own Mikes."

"He's kidding," I said, Brendan chuckled and went up the stairs, "What's up?"

Mikey looked at Gerard, giving him a look, "Amscray." He said.

"What the hell?" Gerard asked.

"I wanna talk to my girlfriend alone."

I giggled and Gerard groaned, "Fine."

Gerard walked towards Mikey's apartment, went inside and Mikey wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled as he pecked my lips, "You gotta work tomorrow, right?"

"Yes."

"You wanna have lunch with me?"

I smiled, "Really?"

"I have an appointment downtown, and I assumed that you work down there, so... I was thinking..." He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Yes, I would love to have lunch with you, Mikey."

He leaned down brushed his lips against mine, "Great, because that would have been really awkward."
♠ ♠ ♠
I like how this is turning out; so far so good.