Just Like Heaven

Dinner

Work went by smoothly, and I left right after. Paula caught a ride with me, and as usual, she began to pester me.

"So, how is he in bed?" She joked.

I rolled my eyes, "We haven't had sex."

"Let me see your face, see if you're lying."

I faced Paula when we got to a stop light. She frowned when her eyes searched my face, "No sex."

She rolled her eyes, "Lame. When are you gonna fuck him?"

"Whenever we get there. Why does it matter?"

"Hey, I'm just asking, you're my friend. I mean, you went on for months about wanting to screw the next guy who thought you were cool."

I smirked to myself, "Well, things are different now."

"How so? You still think he's the one?"

"Maybe."

"You two need to have fun, no seriousness, y'know?"

"I guess."

"Have fun, you're both young..." She trailed, "How old is he?"

"26."

"Well, then, you two should act like it! Quit being all serious!"

I chuckled, "Yeah, okay."


I saw Mikey immediately, after parking in the complex. Paula nudged me, "It's like he waits for you to come home. Like a lost puppy."

I frowned, "Don't talk about my baby like that."

Paula made a fake gag, "Gross."

"What?"

"You call him baby?"

"Well, what am I suppose to call him?"

"His name." Paula jested as we walked up.

I hugged Mikey, he squeezed his arms around me, then let me go, "Mikey, this is Paula, a dear friend." I smiled.

Paula smiled back nicely, "Hey."

"Hey. We sort of met last week, right?"

Paula nodded, "Yep. You've got my friend's head in the clouds."

"Can't help it." He shrugged.

Paula shook her head, "Have fun, you two." Paula patted my shoulder and headed up the stairs.

"She's nice," Mikey said, "but, I have a feeling she doesn't like me."

"Paula just thinks I like you too much."

Mikey kissed me, "Is that a problem?"

"For her, and my other friends, possibly. I usually go out a lot, on the weekends, and when I met you, I don't see myself like that anymore."

"Shit, that sounds like how I used to be." He spoke softly.

"I just went to waste time, I never did it for a purpose."

Mikey wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Well, I don't feel bad about spending our time together."

"Me either."

He sighed softly, "So, dinner? What's up?"

I giggled, "Alright, where and when? I'm letting you pick, since you're the guest of honor, so to speak."

He raised a brow, "Can you cook?"

I cocked a brow back at him, "Yes I can."

"Alright, then, dinner at yours. You cook something."

I frowned, "You haven't even given me time to prepare!"

He slapped my butt, causing me to yelp slightly, "Then, get your cute ass movin', Morgan." 

I bit my lip at his thick, New Jersey accent, "Yes, sir."


"You're going all out for him." Brendan spoke behind me as I boiled noodles.

"Yes, so?" I didn't bother to look back at him.

"It's getting serious?"

I looked back then, "I just want Mikey to formally meet you guys. I met his brother today, so I thought, why the hell not?"

"Is his brother coming?"

I nodded, "Yep, so be nice."

"I'm always nice."

I rolled my eyes, "B, you are never nice to my boyfriends."

"Because they aren't good enough for you." 

"Maybe this one is, so be nice. I really like Mikey."

"Morgan and Mikey, sitting in a tree..." Brendan taunted with a laugh.

"Exactly." I shook my head and went back to cooking.

I decided to make pasta. It was simple and quick. I can cook, I just lacked the food and utensils. I made due, and plus, Brendan and Max love my pasta. I hope Mikey and Gerard like it; if they don't, then I'm screwed.

"Max," I called to my nephew as I set my table, "C'mere."

Max walked into my small dining room and put his Gameboy down, "Yeah?"

"Mikey and Gerard are coming over for dinner and I don't want any comments about their music or comics, got it?"

Max nodded, "I know, I know, dad already told me."

"And be polite."

He grumbled, "I know! Geez!"

"I'm just making sure, okay? I really like Mikey."

"I know, and it's gross!" Max turned his Gameboy back on, "I hate those googly eyes you get whenever you talk about him."

I laughed, "Shut up."

"It's true and it's gross!" Max walked away, "I'll be good."

I set the table, and was happy about how everything turned out. I was a bit nervous, but fought the nausea away quickly. A few minutes after, there was a knock on the door.

"Your boyfriend is here." Brendan called as he opened the door.

I saw Mikey and Gerard, and my heart started to pound. I hate being nervous, I always ramble and make an obvious fool of myself. It was hard enough cooking, and having my family there. I hoped I wouldn't make myself look too stupid.

"Hey," I said softly as I stood beside Brendan, "Gerard, this is my brother, Brendan."

Gerard smiled and shook Brendan's hand, "Dude, you're really big."

Brendan laughed, "I play, well I used to play, football."

"No kidding," Gerard looked over at me, "were you a cheerleader?"

I shook my head, I saw Mikey nudge him discreetly; "Nope."

Gerard just smiled, "I was kidding," he looked at Mikey, then back at me, "What'd you cook?"


Dinner started off pretty well; Gerard talked mostly with Max about comics. Max couldn't help himself, even though I had kicked his shin. Max had rolled his eyes and kept his conversation with Gerard going.

Brendan was polite to them, and didn't say anything. Mikey was quiet, but he smiled at me throughout dinner. I had out my hand on his, he sat beside me, and across from Max and his brother; "You okay?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah." He said back, squeezing my hand.

I pecked his cheek and continued checking him from time to time. I had a feeling it was because Gerard was there, because Mikey never looked or talked to him. It was like he was avoiding Gerard, and I wondered why.

Gerard never gave me any kind of threatening contact, or flirtatious kind, either. He was nice, and talked to Max extensively through dinner.

After dinner, Mikey helped me take the dishes to the sink. I could hear Brendan talking with Gerard and Max about another comic convention. Gerard had mentioned that we all should go in summer; the look in Mikey's face seemed like it wouldn't be a good idea. 

So, when Mikey and I were in my kitchen, I took him aside, "What's wrong?" I asked him softly; I put my hand, gingerly, on his arm.

He looked down at me, he sighed and shook his head, "Nothing...just being paranoid."

I furrowed my brows, "About what?"

He exasperated, "About...Gee. About him...taking you from me."

I relaxed a bit, I almost laughed, "Oh. Mikey, you don't have to worry."

He shook his head, as if he thought I was lying, "Nah, I know how it is with Gerard and girls. One moment alone with him--"

I stopped him by kissing him. I had to shut off his insecurities. I had to make him understand that I only want him, no one else. It was true, no matter what, I only want Mikey. I wish he understood that.

When I pulled away, Mikey's face flushed and he looked better. The worry wiped from him face, it was replaced with a small smile. Mikey looked at me, he growled softly under his breath, then pulled me into his arms.

"I want to be alone with you so bad." He growled into my ear.

I giggled, "Oh yeah?"

He hummed, "Yeah."

I am so bad at adjectives, those amazing fingers of Mikey's gripped at the loops of my jeans. He pulled my hips closer to his, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, my hands slowly held onto his shoulders. Mikey and I kissed for the longest minute, then someone cleared their throat. Mikey and I parted quickly, turning to see Gerard smirking at us. I licked my lips, Mikey let go of my belt loops and sighed heavily.

"Yeah?"

"You have an appointment in the morning, Mikes," Gerard said, "and I gotta catch my flight at 11, tomorrow. I think we should head out."

"Yeah," Mikey spoke reluctantly, "gimme a sec."

Gerard nodded, "Thanks for dinner, Morgan. Your nephew is pretty cool."

I smiled, "Thanks, Gerard."

"I'll be seeing you. Hopefully, you and my brother will still be together when I come back to visit."

"Me, too." I said happily.

Gerard waved and walked out. Mikey turned back to me, "Ugh, I can't wait to be alone with you."

I bit at my lip again -I annoyed myself with this act. There was nothing more I could bring myself to do when Mikey spoke. My feelings -hormones- took over my body whenever I look or speak to him. He's like sex on long, awkward, legs.

I giggled at the thought and Mikey raised his brow, "What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing."

"Tell me." He demanded softly.

"It's embarrassing."

Mikey kissed my forehead, "Fine, save it for later. I'm sure you won't resist telling me later."

I nodded, "Yeah, whatever."

I walked Mikey to the door, Max and Brendan said goodbye. He held my hand and then kissed me again; "Thanks for cooking, Morgan, on such short notice too."

"Glad too." I shrugged.

"Goodnight, love, I'll call you."

Ugh, I grinned like a big dummy again. "Goodnight."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love that amazing overwhelming feeling I get when I wrote. It's sort of a high for me.
Well, anyway, I hope you all like this, it's like 1600 words or so, I forgot to check.
Any ideas or predictions, I'd love to hear them.

xo ali