Just Like Heaven

Confused

His door opened, and he stood there, in sweats and a white t-shirt. He looked me up and down, smiling a bit, "Morgan."

"Where have you been?" I asked him softly, "Are you okay?"

He shrugged slightly, as if he truly didn't know. He lent out his hand and pulled me in, closing the door behind me. "I have been having a couple of bad days." 

"Did I come at a bad time?"

He shook his head, "No. But, why are here in the middle of the day? I thought you had work."

I shook my head, "I had to drop Brendan and Max off at the airport...and I need to talk to you."

Mikey didn't respond, he just took my hand and led me to the couch, and we sat. He wrapped his arms around me, kissing me immediately, causing me to become confused. I pulled away, "What are you doing?"

He frowned, "What? I can't kiss you?" he looked angry.

"It's not that, it's just weird. I mean, I haven't seen you in two days, and you just pull me in and start kissing me. I need to talk to you."

He sighed angrily, letting me go, "Fuck, I thought maybe you would understand and just give me what I need." He spat.

"I'm confused!" I exclaimed, "I want to know what's up with you."

"I don't want to talk about it." He seemed to cool down, but that attitude was still in his tone.

"Fine, but you can't just grab me like that," I brushed my hair back with my hand, "you gotta understand where I'm coming from."

Mikey looked back at me, "Yeah. You aren't mad at me, are you?"

"No." 

He turned back to me, scooting closer, and he pressed his forehead against mine. He pressed his lips to mine, I gladly accepted him this time, and put my hands on his shoulders. Within seconds, he had me pinned beneath him on the couch. 

We kissed, our hands began to explore, especially Mikey's. I felt his fingers did across my belly and to the button of my jeans. My breath hitched, he pulled away from me and looked down at me for confirmation. I gave a slight nod as his hand fished my jeans loose and his hand crept inside. I felt at a complete loss for words, and I squirmed beneath him.

"This okay?" Mikey said, his breathing was getting heavier, so was mine.

"Yeah." I breathed out, "Yeah."

Mikey's fingers moved my panties to one side and touched me. I could barely breathe, I could barely look at Mikey. I think I was embarrassed at how turned on I was, but he didn't even seem to notice. He kissed me once, to get my attention, but I was afraid to look at him.

"Look at me, Morgan." He spoke up, "Please." I heard the desperation, and looked at him. He licked his lips, "Touch me." 

I brought my hands to his waist, down to his sweats and slowly pushed my hand inside. Just as I felt him, there was a knock in the door. Both of us froze, there was another knock, harder.

"It's her." He mumbled, "She wanted to talk to me."

"Who?" I spoke with frustration; he pulled his hand from my open jeans.

"Alicia."

"Who the hell--" Another hard knock cut me off.

Mikey took my had gently, removing it from his sweats and got up. I groaned, zipping and buttoning my jeans. I stood up, "I have to go, right?" I was slightly agitated.

"I'm sorry, Morgan." He tried to give me an apologetic smile, and I couldn't stay mad at him.

"It's okay...I guess." I mumbled.

He opened the door, just as the woman, Alicia was going to knock again. Her mouth was slightly open, she wore dark sunglasses too, and she dressed like Mikey. I could see how she would be his type...she was very different from me. She had tattoos, and her hair was black; she looked like she was into his band, too.

"Oh." She had been caught of guard.

"I'll see you, Morgan," Mikey pecked my cheek, I didn't dare look at her.

"Okay." I turned, then smiled nicely at her, "Hi. Bye." I said quickly and walked off. 

Everything felt awkward, but just for a second. I finally wondered what she was doing there. I hadn't even bothered to ask. Even so, it wasn't really my business, now was it? Whatever was going on was Mikey's business.


I had dinner with Paula, later on, and I'm glad we didn't discuss Mikey. She didn't even mention me having a boyfriend at all. She and I acted like usually do; stupid and immature.

We went out to get pizza and milkshakes. We planned to go out that Friday with mutual friends; Sarah and Liz. I hadn't thought about it much, but I kind of missed being out with them. Then, as Paula called Liz for confirmation, I thought of Mikey. I wondered what he was doing then with his ex.

My own insecurities rushed through me, but I fought them off. I had clarity and hope that Mikey still wanted me. Then, I thought about it, like really thought; Alicia looked more so his type than me. She was pretty, and I'm sure whatever attracted Mikey to her was still there. I was losing a nonexistent battle with her; I couldn't get over how badly she had left Mikey.

Maybe I would win.

All of this left my mind once Paula and I started back to the complex. She and I laughed and joked, and then went up the stairs. I saw Mikey leaning against my door, Paula and I stopped.

"I forgot you had a boyfriend." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"I did." She excused.

Mikey never looked up as we walked over. Paula gave me a look and hugged me, "Goodnight." I said to her.

"Night, guys."

Mikey twitched his head up slightly, but looked at me. I waved to her, grabbing my keys from my jean pocket, "Hey." I said to him.

"Hey." He replied.

I opened my door, "What's up? You look like a bad guy. If I saw you in an alley, I'd think I'd be getting mugged."

Mikey didn't laugh at my joke. His features were stone. He wasn't going to express any type of emotion whatsoever.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he closed the door behind him.

"I need a drink." He muttered.

"What?"

He gave me this glare that made me want to run from him. He was pissed off, I couldn't imagine what was running through his head. I just stared at him, waiting for an answer.

"I want a drink, but I need you." He spoke through gritted teeth.

This confused me.

"What do you need me for? I'm not buying you booze!"

He didn't say anything as he grabbed my arm and pulled me down the hall. My mind moved at a slow pace, and I only caught up when he entered my room, me in tow, and slammed the door closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Mikes and Morgan...what do you think is gonna happen?