Just Like Heaven

Boring

The day went on as usual; work, meeting Mikey for lunch -minus the whole public bathroom sex thing-, work again, and then I went home. And, as usual, Mikey was waiting for me, he had a small smile when I walked up. He wrapped his arm around my waist; "It's Friday, thank god," he said, "I get to spend the weekend with you."

I followed his steps as he led us to his apartment, "I'm going out tonight with some friends," I told him, "Totally spaced my mind until Paula grabbed me after work."

He opened the door, letting me in first, "What? No fair." He pouted.

I laughed, "Just gonna hang out with my friends, Mike." I pecked his cheek, "Then I'll be back with you."

"Promise?"

I nodded, "I promise."

Mikey and I spent the rest of the evening watching movies and hanging out. Then, Paula called me, telling me to get my ass upstairs. I groaned, looking at Mikey, who looked as if he needed a nap.

I stood and kissed him, "I gotta go."

"Come by after?" He took my wrist gently.

"Yes, I will." I slipped my heels back on, "Bye, babe."

He chuckled, "Bye."

I left his apartment and went right upstairs. Paula was waiting by my door, tapping her foot, I rolled my eyes at her, "You take forever." She complained.

"Hey, I have a boyfriend now."

"Gimme a break! He's taking up all your friend time." Paula followed me into my apartment.

"So? Is it so bad?"

She shrugged, "Not yet."

"What do you mean, not yet?"

She then followed me into my bedroom, "Y'know, you're gonna get all gushy and start blowing me off when he comes around more often."

"Oh geez, no I won't. Besides, you like to party and have fun more than I do."

"Hey, you like to party to."

I rolled my eyes, "Back when I was lonely."

Paula just laughed, "Whatever, hurry up and get dressed."

•••

Paula and I met Liz and Sarah at the usual night club we go to. I saw the same faces, and the same guys I used to flirt with. I could barely look at them, I felt so embarrassed at how badly I had wanted their attention weeks before. I thought of Mikey, and suddenly wished I was with him. This place didn't offer the same "fun" it used to.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Liz asked once we got to the bar.

"She misses her boyfriend!" Paula said in a funny tone.

"Boyfriend? The one Paula has been telling me about?" Sarah asked.

I nodded, "Yep."

"That Mikey dude," Paula nudged, "He's so mysterious!"

I laughed, "Don't talk about him. He's wonderful."

"I bet he is," Liz winked.

I rolled my eyes, "Enough about my boyfriend. Find yourself one."

The girls kept pestering me all the while they drank and I stayed sober. I wanted to drink, but I was deemed the designated driver, I even had one of those stupid bracelets on. I didn't dance, I mainly sat at the bar ad watched my friends. I didn't know what was worse; being sober or watching, maybe both.

"Hey, what's up?" A guy sat beside me, "Want a drink?"

I looked over, shook my head and showed him my bracelet, "I'm the DD."

He laughed, "Soda then?"

"Uh..." I looked the guy over; he was pretty cute, he looked really young, and he had shaggy blonde hair, "No thank you."

He nodded, "You have a boyfriend don't you?" He smiles; Jesus, he had massive dimples.

"Yes." I answered, "Sorry."

He shrugged, "It's cool. But, you're Morgan, right?"

I raised my brow, "Yeah, how did you know?"

"We work in the same building. I'm the mail clerk."

"I've never seen you before." 

"You're always typing away whenever we come in contact." His smile was infectious.

"Such a shame. What's your name?"

"Seth. Seth Cooper." He stuck his hand out and I shook it.

"Morgan Haley, but you knew that." I mumbled the last part sheepishly, I shook it off, "You look really young to be in a night club. How old are you?"

He gave a small laugh, "I turned 21 a few months ago." He gave me an accomplished grin.

"Wow, you are younger than me." I laughed, "I'm gonna be 25 in October."

He still smiled, "Wow. You are old."

I slugged him playfully, "I am not old!"

"I kid," he said softly, "I'm just messing around, Morgan."

"I know, but, dude I am not old."

"You don't look a day over 19."

I giggled, "Damn right."

For the rest of the night, Seth and I talked, joking mostly, until Liz was ready to go. So, I gathered a very drunk Paula and said goodbye to Seth. Paula hung on me, holding herself; she was gonna puke, I just knew it. 

Thank God she puked before we got to my car. 

Anyway, I drove home, and helped Paula to her apartment. I opened her door, took her to her bedroom, took her heels off and got her in her bed. I left, locking her door behind me, and went down stairs.

I knocked Mikey's door, a few seconds later, he opened it with a lazy smile. I smiled back, shaking my head; "How was your night?"

"Boring." I told him.

"Ditto. I missed you."

I chuckled as I saw a Hustler magazine on the couch, "I bet you did."

He notice it, grabbed it and tossed it, "Hey, I wasn't doing that."

I laughed, "Liar."

He smirked, "I don't need to, I have you."

"Oh, I'm glad I'm good for something." I jested playfully.

I sat on Mikey's couch and took my heels off. He sat beside me and pulled my legs onto his lap, "Did you drink? Did you meet anyone?"

I giggled, "No, and yes."

He raised his brow, "Who?"

"This guy from my job, he works in the mail room. He looks like he's a teenager, but he's 21. Pretty cute, too."

"Hmm, I don't like this." Mikey said softly.

"Don't worry. I don't date guys younger than me." I hummed and closed my eyes, "I'm so sleepy."

Mikey leaned over, moving to lay behind me, and wrapped his arms around me, "Let's go to sleep."

"Oh yeah, that sounds nice."

Mikey chuckled softly, "Night, Morgan."

"Goodnight, Mikey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler.
I apologize.