Just Like Heaven

Confident

I had put my clothes, successfully in the washer. I tried to help Mikey out with his own mishap, but, I barely know how to wash my own clothes. I frowned slightly, looking at the pink underwear, "My mom knows how to get it white again...or at least decent."

Mikey shook his head, "It's fine...I'll live with pink underwear...and t-shirts."

I sat on the washer beside mine, Mikey began to put his clothes in the dryer. He turned to me, "What're you doing after this?"

"Well, I usually head to the book store," I pulled at my ponytail, "but, I'd rather make sure your clothing is safe."

He chuckled, his smile was adorable, "Thanks, but I think I can handle it."

"Make sure your clothes only go in for 30 minutes, or you'll shrink them."

He nodded, "Thanks...again."

Mikey started his clothes, then hopped on the washer beside mine, "So, what do you do?" I asked casually.

"Aren't these date questions?" He countered jokingly.

"Well, I think we should get to know each other better, just in case our date gets a little awkward."

He laughed softly, "Alright...uh...I play in a band."

I raised my brow, "Oh, really? Anything I've heard?"

"Possibly, but I want to keep it a secret, I want to see how much you really wanna get to know me." He jested.

"Okay, fine." I smirked slightly.

"What about you?"

"I am a secretary. I hate my job, but it pays the bills."

"Ooh. What's your secret passion?" He questioned, making a funny gesture with his eye brows.

"I don't have one...I just like music and books. My passion is to...sit at home, all day, and read. I'm a literary nerd."

He turned his lips down, mocking an intrigued glance, "I see. What's your favorite movie?"

"Random...it's Scarface."

He snorted, "No shit, really?"

"Tony Montana is bad ass. What about you, hypocrite?" I countered, crossing my arms.

"Die Hard."

I mocked his snort, "Die Hard is lame. Bruce Willis is creepy."

He chuckled, "Now, that 's a movie that is bad ass, and it has the best one liners. Maybe I ought to bring it over for a future date."

I smirked as his face turned into a funny, dark, non-threatening glare, "Oh, you're confident that there'll be a second date?"

He shrugged, the glare still there, "Possibly."

"Ooh, you are very confident, Mikey." 

He gave a soft laugh, "I gotta be."

Before I could counter, his cell phone began to ring. He grimaced slightly, "Sorry." He mumbled; I just shrugged as he stepped back an answered.

I didn't listen in, I thought that would be rude of me. I hummed softly, listening to the dryer going. It didn't take long for Mikey to come back, he smiled; "I have to go, but we're still on for tonight, right? At 7?" He went to the dryer and pulled out his damp clothes.

I nodded, "Yeah...my apartment is 231."

He smiled, showing his teeth, and I couldn't help but to smile back, "Great. I'll see you, Morgan." He picked up his basket and held it on his hip.

"See ya, Mikey." He waved to me and hurried off.

I sighed contently and went to sort out my clothes.

*

Paula came over after I returned from the book store; she lives in the apartment across the hall. She and I had become close friends when I moved from Chicago to Los Angeles a year prior. We both work in the same law firm building, but worked for separate firms.

"So, what is this guy like? Is he really cute? You only mentioned how funny he was." She went through my closet, looking for an appropriate outfit for me.

"He's cute...he has black hair, these beautiful brown eyes," I gushed, "oh, and this amazing jawline that is to die for. He is a beaut." 

"And what's his name?"

"Mikey."

Paula scoffed, "What kind of grown man calls himself Mikey?"

I rolled my eyes, "He's really nice, and mysterious."

She chuckled, "I bet."

"I like him..." I bit at my bottom lip, "and I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 years, I think I deserve one now."

"Don't just go jumping into relationships, Morgan." Paula warned, "What if he's a serial killer?"

"I'm so sure." I mocked.

She tossed a t-shirt at me, "Don't be too naive."

"I'm not, I just think he's someone I can get to know more personally."

She raised her brow, "You're gonna sleep with him?"

"No, I'm not. Maybe not now, anyway..."

Paula chuckled, "My mother always said that the quiet ones were the undercover freaks. She was right."

"Don't give me shit because I'm thinking about my sex life. Gimme a break."

Paula just continued giggle, "Alright, alright. Get dressed, freak, your date should be here in an hour."

I didn't primp myself up for the date, though I did wear make up and do my hair in a wavy fashion. My hair is black, and I always wanted it lighter, but I dealt with it. I hoped that Mikey and I didn't clash too much; I didn't want people to assume we were brother and sister. I wore a black and white, horizontal stripped long sleeve for the cool, spring night, short, black pumps, and dark, navy blue jeans. I hoped I looked alright.

Paula left before Mikey showed up, and I mean just before. He knocked two seconds after she left my door.

I had opened it, about to curse her out, when I saw him. My heart thumped; his dark hair was slicked back, he had a black button up with tight black jeans and black and grey Nikes. He had a big smile, too, I immediately knew I would always have a crush on Mikey.

"Hey." He greeted, "I got this for you." He handed me a single, white daisy, and I blushed, "I thought of you."

I took it, admiring it slightly, "T-thanks."

"Are you ready?" 

I nodded, "Yeah, let me get my purse." I placed the daisy on my counter, grabbed my black clutch and followed him out, locking my door behind me.

I prayed, slightly, as I followed him, that I didn't ruin this date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and subscribing, and the awesome comments.
I'd love to hear some more feedback (wink, wink). Don't be shy, I've been told I'm quite lovely.

xo