Just Like Heaven

Cold

I went to Mikey's the next morning; it was Sunday, and I usually humor him by watching him flip out over football. I walked right in, seeing Mikey making coffee, his mother was at the stove. He smiled when I walked in.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hi." I sat at the counter and leaned over it to kiss him. "Hello Ms. Way."

"Hello Morgan." She turned and waved, "How are you?"

"I'm good. Happy to see my man." I smirked at Mikey and gave him another kiss.

"Mom's leaving soon," he whispered to me, "Gerard's coming."

Before I could say a word, the door opened, and there was Gerard. Mikey grinned; "Speak of the devil." I said.

"Hey little bro." Gerard walked over and slugged Mikey softly, "Hey little bro's girlfriend."

"Hi Gerard."

"You got here fast." Donna noted, "I haven't even making Michael French toast."

"Mikey can finish it. C'mon, mom, there are places I wanna take you."

Donna smiled, "Alright. Michael, you can handle breakfast, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

She pecked his cheek, "I'll see you later. Bye, Morgan."

"Goodbye." I waved to Gerard and Donna as they walked out the door.

Mikey gave an annoyed groan, "I hate when she calls me Michael."

"How come?" I sat on the counter and pulled Mikey between my legs.

"It always sounds like I'm being punished."

I giggled, "She's your mom, give her a break."

Mikey leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine, "Yeah, okay. What do you wanna do?"

I smiled, "What do you think I wanna do?"

He smirked and slipped his fingers beneath my sweats, "I know what you wanna do."

"Dirty boy."

He shivered slightly, "You do weird things to me, Morgan."

"I do, do I? Like what?" I teased.

I leaned over to his neck and left a warm, open mouth kiss there; "I can't even explain." He sputtered the words hard.

"I think I already know."

I moved my hands to the front of his jeans, unbuckling his belt, and tugged his jeans down. Mikey laughed softly, then picked me up, "I don't think I can get far with my jeans at my ankles."

I giggled, "The couch isn't that far."

Mikey growled, kissing at my neck, and rushed us towards the couch. He laid down, and climbed on top of me, brushing his lips against mine, turning them up; his hands pulled my sweats down, I kicked my shoes off, Mikey did the same. He then pushed his hands up my shirt, my own hands unzipped his hoodie and pushed it down his shoulders; we were almost there...until his cell phone started to ring.

Mikey groaned, he pulled away from me, I pulled him back, "Just ignore it." I panted.

"I can't, I've been waiting for an important phone call." He sat up and grabbed his jeans, fishing for the ringing phone.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I mumbled.

"Give me a sec," he said; he grabbed his jeans and left the room, answering it on the way.

I grabbed my sweats and put them on, along with my shoes. I slipped them on, and my own phone began to ring; "Hello?"

"I want coffee!" Paula whined.

"What?"

"Starbucks run, please? I'm bored out of my mind and I need a mocha." Paula's voice was whiny and hurt my ears.

"Okay, fine, gimme a minute."

"Thank you." I could mentally picture Paula sticking her tongue out at me.

I closed my phone and stood up, I adjusted my shirt and my bra. I went towards Mikey's bedroom, where the door was closed, but I could hear him talking. I couldn't make out the words, and I didn't want to listen in, so I knocked on the door.

"I'm gonna go." I said.

"Yeah." Mikey called back.

I frowned, rolled my eyes, "Goodbye to you, too." I turned from the door and walked down the hall, right out the front door.

•••

"It's fuckin' cold!" Paula groaned as we got out my car.

"No it isn't. It snows where I'm from." 

Paula scoffed, "Don't even give me that. It's cold for being California. I've lived here all my life, this is my snow."

I rolled my eyes, opening the door to Starbucks for us, and followed in. We walked up to the counter, ordering warm drinks, and then took a seat at a small table.

"How's your boyfriend?" She teased.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"What? You two are practically attached at the hip!"

"Well, he got busy this morning, and his mom came in yesterday, really out of the blue."

"He got mommy issues?" She cocked a brow.

"He doesn't talk about his mom at all. I didn't even know her name until she told me yesterday."

Paula kept her brow up, "Mr. Mysterious is at it again." 

I just shook my head and didn't give a response. I didn't want to fill my head up with what could be happening with Mikey. I want him to be happy, to be alright, and to be relaxed. I hated the fact that he was so easily stressed over small factors. At times, I wondered if I were the cause of some.

I shook it off, Paula and I got our drinks and sat back at our table. She started rambling on about going out, and I participated with "Yeah" and "Okay" before she slapped my arm; "What did I just say?" she challenged.

"You want to meet a man with a fat wallet," I repeated what I had heard, "Happy? I was listening."

She frowned, "Well, you could at least say more than "Yeah, okay" every two minutes!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just...thinking."

"About your boyfriend."

"He has a name."

"Alright, you were thinking about the Mysterious Mikey." She took a sip of her drink, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." I told her, "I don't know what's wrong, he won't tell me."

Paula sighed, "Do you think he's cheating on you?"

I shook my head, "No...no way."

She tapped my hand and pointed out the window, "Are you sure?"

I looked to where she was pointing, with dread. My heart nearly stopped when I saw Mikey talking, well smiling, with his ex wife, right across the street. I think maybe Paula was right for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think is happening?