Just Like Heaven

Beautiful

"That's what you went back into my room for?"

"Yeah."

Mikey had me on his lap still, his hoodie over my bare back and his arms around my waist. It was odd how we had just had sex after this stupid dinner with his mom and ex. I didn't assume that it was planned, but with Mikey, nothing is all it seems.

"Did you plan sex in the car?" I bit at my thumbnail, resting my head on his shoulder.

"The weatherman said it was gonna rain, and I remembered just as we were leaving. I fucking hate driving in the rain, and I thought, what the hell, y'know?" He gave a small laugh.

I laughed too, "Good thinking."

"Do you feel better?"

"I feel fucking fantastic." I told him with a snort.

"My mom and Alicia are just..." he trailed, "they like each other too much."

"Don't talk about her, please. I don't want to have her brought up, okay?" 

He nodded, "Yeah, I understand, M."

"I hate to be so harsh, but she doesn't like me, and after tonight, I sure don't like her. Let's just keep my life and hers separate."

He kissed my cheek, "Alright."

We were silent for a few minutes, as the rain started to lighten up. Mikey ran his hand up my back, "M, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"After tonight, would you marry me? This isn't like a proposal or anything, I'm just asking." Mikey said this all very fast that I barely understood it.

But, once I understood, I didn't hesitate to answer. "Yes. I would be marrying you, not your mom or Alicia."

Mikey didn't answer, and I couldn't tell if this answer satisfied him nor not. He just held me. He held me like I needed to be, how I longed to be. I never felt so in love with someone, never felt so content and happy. I was in love, and no one can tell me different.

"You know what this means, right?" Mikey asked a little bit later.

"What?"

"I have to meet your parents."

I rolled my eyes, "My parents barely know me, why would they want to meet another stranger?"

"Do you not want me to meet them?"

"I didn't say that, I'm just saying, what's the point? My parents don't like me, I don't see the point of flying there and having a quiet, awkward dinner."

He lifted my shoulders, making me look at him, "What if he do get married, would they be included?"

"I'd send them an invitation." I said simply.

"Who would walk you down the isle?"

"Me, myself and I." Again, I answered simply.

"This isn't right." He furrowed his brows.

"What? Some families aren't close, and some are. Why make a fuss, Mike?"

He licked his lips, "Because, if I do it again, I wanna do it right. I want the big wedding, and you in a big, beautiful white dress with all of our friends and families. I want the spot light dance--"

I cut him off, "If we get there, then we'll handle it then. But, for now, let's just be together; we don't need to rush, we don't need my parent's unwanted approval. Let's just be...us." 

Mikey sighed, "You're right, you're right. I can't help but to feel sorry for you, because of our families."

"I don't feel sorry for me. I'm okay. I feel that it's their loss if they don't care to bother with me; I think I'm an awesome person. Wouldn't you agree?"

Mikey chuckled, "Definitely."

"Alright, then, they're missing out." I smiled at him.

He kissed my lips, "You're amazing, Morgan."

"Thank you." 

"The rain is letting up, we should go." 

I groaned, "I like it here."

He laughed softly, "My bed is more comfortable."

"Oh, yes it is." I smirked at him.

"Get dressed, beautiful."

It made my lower half go into convulsions whenever Mikey called me beautiful. Such a sweet way to admire me, even if it did sound cheesy at times. He thinks I'm beautiful...

•••

When we got back to the apartments, we resided in his place, and flung our clothes off. That's all we did for the rest of the night. That's all we wanted to do, until out muscles ached and our bodies were empty of desire and lust.

I laid in his bed, the sheets tangled around our bodies, and held him close to me. He was the only thing I wanted and needed. He kept me warm, loved and safe.

By morning, I had called in sick and stayed in bed with Mikey. We never got dressed, we repeated the same thing we did last night, all over his apartment and mine. We were at it like animals, we had stamina like we were runners or something. Every little thing he did turned me on, I never got tired of him.

By the evening, we finally showered and rested on my couch. We didn't get too dressed; we wore sweats and t-shirts, and lazed about. This was what the perfect life is suppose to be, isn't it? This is what people dream about. I was living it, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Later that night, Mikey stayed with me. He and I laid in my bed, quiet, he held me from behind and I placed my hands on his, around my waist. The entire day had been wonderful, and the night was ending the same; I thought about it as sleep swept me, and Mikey's light breathing had been my lullaby to send me into sleep.

•••

An entire week passed without any trouble. Work was okay, lunches with Mikey were great, and we were happy. Paula had gotten off my case about him, and supported the fact that I was happy with him.

It was all great.

But, then it came time for Mikey to leave for Jersey. He had been avoiding talking about it, he didn't want to go.

"You'll be back before you know it." I told him as he prepared to leave.

He had me by the waist, pressing his lips to my own, "I'm gonna miss you." He kissed me again and again, until he was satisfied, "I love you."

"I love you, too, Mikey."

Mikey marveled his fingers up to my cheek, then my neck, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Keep saying that, I might start actually believing it." I joked softly.

"You don't think you're beautiful?" He questioned seriously.

"Not really." I shrugged.

Mikey let me go, took my hand and led me to the bathroom. He flipped the light on and stood me in front of the mirror, he stood behind me. "Look in the mirror, babe, what do you see?"

"Some bland chick and her hot boyfriend." I joked again, but Mikey didn't laugh.

"I'm serious," he said into my ear softly, "you know what I see? I see the most beautiful girl in the entire world."

I grinned, blushed and giggled like an idiot. Mikey knew just what to do to me. I turned my head and kissed his lips, "I think you're wonderful." I told him.

He smiled, "Only when you're around, baby."

"Now, come on, you're gonna miss your flight."

He sighed, "Dammit."

I pulled Mikey back into the living room, where he grabbed his bag. We headed out the door, and out to my car. To be perfectly honest, I was a little nervous about his leave.

I didn't want anything to happen to him while he was gone. I didn't want some kind of rekindling going on. That was my biggest fear, because she was his ex, and exes almost always get back together some point in time. She was once all he ever wanted; he vowed to love only her until death. What if he wanted to commit to that again?

I shouldn't be doing this to myself. He loves me, and he'll come back to me. It hurts that I know that he could flip it at any given moment; Mikey was mysterious like that...who knows what he'll do.