Just Like Heaven

Idiot

I tried to text Mikey when I knew his flight had landed, but he never answered them. Either his phone was off or he was doing it intentionally. I had a feeling that he was gonna be really pissed when he would come in, or found out.

I had fallen asleep later on, turning my phone off. I was awaken by someone whispering harshly, and protesting to someone. I opened my eyes, sat up, and that's when I heard him.

"Where's Morgan Haley?" Mikey snapped at the nurse; she had been nice to me, I immediately frowned at the thought of him being rude to her.

"Ms. Haley is asleep, sir. She is very ill."

"Bullshit, she's been texting me. Morgan!" I got off the bed, pulling the IV with me.

I pulled the curtain back, revealing the nurses station, and the nurses looking at Mikey like he was crazy. I swallowed thickly, "Mikey, calm down."

"Fuck, there you are." He came over and hugged me quickly, "You're alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine." I patted his back, "Calm down, they're gonna throw you out."

"Morgan, your boyfriend can't stay." The nurse said sternly.

"Please? I'm only gonna be here until morning anyway, and someone needs to drive me."

The nurse relented and nodded, "Alright, but please rest, you aren't going home until that IV bag is empty."

I nodded back to her and went to the bed. Mikey pulled the curtain back, then helped me back in the bed. He put the bag on the stand for me and sat down, "What the hell happened?" He asked.

"I got sick." I didn't want to explain further, this didn't satisfy Mikey.

"What did you do to make you get sick? You said you were with Paula right before, what'd you do?" He narrowed his eyes a bit; he was tired.

"It doesn't matter. You're tired, why didn't you just go home?" I tried to change the subject.

"It's hard sleeping in a bed myself these days." He said sheepishly.

"Ditto." I chuckled, "Get in with me."

He sat up, never hesitating and climbed into the hospital bed with me. He put his arm around my shoulders and I rested my head against his chest. His breathing was even, but it was getting heavier, he was sleepy.

"Go to sleep." I murmured to him.

"I am." He smiled lazily.

I kissed the underside of his jaw and rested against him. It didn't take long for the both of us to fall asleep.

•••

In the morning, the nurse woke me up, Mikey wasn't in the bed with me. It wouldn't have bothered me, if he wasn't staring, angrily, at me from the chair beside my bed. Mikey had his arms crossed, I swallowed hard, awaiting for the nurse to leave; she had to take my IV out and give me my prescription for my stomach.

I got dressed, in the pajamas Paula brought from yesterday, and looked at Mikey. His lips were pressed in a thin line, fuck he was mad.

"What?" I asked meekly.

"You got so drunk you had to be admitted?" He asked through clenched teeth.

I tried so hard to play it off, "Yeah, so?"

He narrowed his eyes deeper, scarier almost, at me, "I'm gonna go to the car. I'll be parked up front when you're done." With that, he got up and left the room.

I knew I messed up, I knew that he was gonna rip my head off. I didn't want that, I don't want to fight with Mikey; we almost never ever fight. This time, it was different; I had drank myself to the hospital, when all Mikey told me about his past was how much he hated the thought of drinking himself that far.

I composed myself, signed out, and went to the front of the hospital. I saw Mikey's car, idling, as he sat listening to music. I got in and didn't look at him, I looked down and waited. He didn't say anything, he put the car in drive and drove off. I finally looked at him, and opened my mouth, "I'm sorry."

"Yeah. You sure are. I don't even want to look at you." He spat angrily.

"I was just having fun..." I excused like a teenager being punished.

"Ending up in the goddamn hospital is fun to you?" He shot me an angry glance, then focused back on the road.

"I shouldn't have gotten that bad, and I only had a few...I hadn't eaten and I tried to, when I got home, but I couldn't keep it down."

"You're an idiot, you know that? A fucking idiot."

I balled my fist, "You know what? I don't need this from you! Fuck you, I am not an idiot! You act like you're so goddamn high and mighty because you used to be an alcoholic, you think you're better than me, or something! I am not an alcoholic, unlike you, I have self control!" I felt all my energy spill Ito those words.

I didn't regret them...just a little, maybe. I was mad, he had no right to belittle me.

He didn't say anything, his grip in the steering wheel tightened. Then, as the tension grew thicker, he pulled over, idling the car again.

"I care about you," he looked at me with those eyes, ones that could kill, "I'm mad, alright. I had a very bad fuckin' trip and coming home to you in the hospital, because you were acting stupid, isn't what I expected, okay? I..." he trailed, shutting his eyes and looking away, "I'll finish this when we get to your place."

I frowned, unsure of all that was going through his head. Of course, I was still angry, and I wasn't going to forgive him and I wasn't going to apologize. It doesn't take moving a mountain to make me apologize, I'm a sucker, I'm not stubborn.

The rest of the drive was quiet, and when we finally arrived, he waited for me as I followed him. He let me go up the stairs first, following me to my apartment. Inside, I looked at him, waiting for him to say what he wanted, what he needed.

"Go ahead." I said.

Mikey shook his head, "Nah, go shower or whatever first. I still need to think."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." I turned my heel; I wasn't do mad anymore, more annoyed than anything.

So, I stripped out of my clothes, turned on the shower, and began to brush my teeth before I hopped in. And when I did, I sunk under the water and washed my body and pinned my hair up. I got out a few minutes later and went to my bedroom; I dressed back in my pajamas and returned to the living room.

Mikey was on his phone, texting, then looked up at me. He sighed heavily, "We got to talk." He said those 4 words, though, I wasn't feeling with dread.

"Go ahead." I crossed my arms, faux mad, because I couldn't stay mad at him.

"What do you want from me, Morgan?" He asked.

"What do I want from you?" I dropped my arms, "What kind of question is that?"

"A valid fucking question." He was getting upset.

"I want you." I told him, "I want your love." 

"I thought a lot when I was Jersey. I talked to a lot of my old friends...I talked, really talked, with Alicia. She and I see things on the same level now..."

I didn't like where this was going, but I stay still and let him finish.

"I thought long and hard about everything while I was on the plane. I was so worried about you, I thought you were hurt, I thought you needed me." 

I furrowed my brows, "Where are you going with this?"

"I think me and you need some time apart."

My jaw slacked, "Because I got drunk?"

"No," he stood, "because I don't know what I want."

I stood too, "It's simple! It's either me or her..." I didn't want him I choose, he shouldn't have to choose, "I've taken rejection before." I tried to sound tough, even though my voice was beginning to shake, "I don't..." I didn't want to say anything else to make him go away.

It was apparent that he was going away regardless.

"Alicia needs me." He finally said.

"For what?" I asked angrily.

"Does that matter?" 

I looked down, "I guess not. Get out of my apartment." I looked up, he backed away and turned, "I hope you have a nice fuckin' life, jerk." He stopped, then walked out the door.

I resisted the urge to yell, though it burned in my throat. I locked my door, leaned against it and began to cry silently. It didn't fully hit me, until a second later, that he broke up with me. When it did, I felt completely heartbroken. I had lost the one person I felt complete with, all because of what I did.

Mikey is right, I am an idiot
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I may end this soon, or keep it going.