Just Like Heaven

Wonderful

Mikey led me to his car, it was small, two door, and was black. He came over to the passenger said and opened the door, surprising me, "Mom always told me to be a gentleman."

I bit at my lip, yet again, "Your mother is a smart woman."

He nodded, "I'm a good boy for listening."

I giggled slightly and climbed in. He hurried to the driver side and got in, starting the car. Taking Back Sunday played, and I began to sing along to You're So Last Summer. Mikey looked over at me as he began to drive out of the parking lot.

"You're a fan?"

I shrugged, "My older brother likes them, I just know the songs."

"Older brother? I got an older brother too." He looked over at me, then at the road, "Gerard...he's a great artist, we're close."

I nodded, "I'm close with my brother, too. His name is Brendan; he's 6 years older than me, and he knew about all the cool stuff before I did and just...made me cool," I chuckled, "I love him to death."

"Same for me. Me and Gerard share the same love for everything we get into."

I tweaked my lips, "Does your brother live out here?"

He shook his head, "No...well, he stays with me some times. He has a place in New Jersey."

"That's where you're from?" He nodded, "I'm a native of Chicago...well, more Barrington than Chicago. Brendan still lives there, he has a son...my nephew Max."

Mikey looked at me, "That's cool, how old is he?"

"He's 12, the boy is obsessed with comics and video games. I took him to Comic Con last year, just for the hell of it, in San Diego."

Mikey's eye brows shot up, "No shit? I went last year."

I chuckled, "Maybe we bumped into each other? Did you dress up?"

He shook his head, "Nah, I'm not cool enough to dress up."

I laughed, "I dressed up as Wonder Woman, my nephew went as some Teen Titan hero...I don't remember, but we got pictures. He made me dress up, and I think I did Lynda Carter some justice."

He smiled, "I would have loved to see that."

"I won a ribbon, 2nd place." I said smugly.

He chuckled, "Oh, I definitely have to see you dressed up."

"Maybe after that confident second date?" I challenged jokingly.

He looked over, a determined look painted his face, "Most definitely."

The rest of the way to the theater, Mikey made small jokes that made me enjoy his company. He was genuinely funny, sweet, and thoughtful. He had even held my hand as we walked into the theater; he offered to buy the tickets if I bought the popcorn.

"I like salt and lots of butter," I told him, "so tell me now if you're watching your cholesterol."

Mikey just chuckled, "I like mine with a lot of salt and no butter."

I grimaced, "Oh, man, you are lame."

"What? I'm not into buttery things."

I giggled, "Okay, we'll get separate boxes."

He nodded, "Alright, but you have to taste mine some."

I raised my brow, "Dirty boy."

"Dirty girl," he retorted, "you have a filthy mind."

I shrugged, "Can't help it."

Mikey and I bought our popcorn and got separate sodas as well. He got Pepsi, while I got Sprite. We were very different people when it came to food.

In the theater, we sat in the middle, close to each other, and he, sneakily, put his arm around my shoulder. He didn't do the yawn and stretch, he just wrapped his around me. I had smirked at him, but the house lights had gone down and the opening credits began. Even in the dim light, I could see him smiling like a idiot. I couldn't help but bite at my lip and hope he would kiss me.

A kiss, so fast?

Yeah, well, I think this guy is great. I couldn't stop thinking about him throughout the movie. He never moved his arm, not until the film was over. And then, he took hold of my hand.

Mikey Way was full of surprises. My chest, heart actually, was hurting from how much I liked him. I thought about what it'd be like to fall in love with him. I'm always the type to think ahead.

"Did you have a good time? I didn't come off as too unpleasant, did I?" Mikey and I walked towards his car, and he opened the door for me.

"You were very pleasant." I told him once we were both in the car, "I must say, when you put your arm around me, I thought you were going to do something daring."

He started the car, "Like kiss you?"

I shrugged, "Perhaps."

He licked his lips, "I was, but I didn't think you'd appreciate it."

"Oh--" I was gonna say something, I thought, was completely slutty, "Well, I thought it might've been cheesy."

He looked over at me as he drove, then back at the road, "Cheesy? I never do cheesy."

I chuckled, "I think you may have."

Mikey shrugged, "Perhaps." he mimicked.

When we got to the apartment complex, Mikey and I walked towards the beginning of the stairs. Without warning he took my hand and I led him up the stairs, chewing at my bottom lip for dear life. I didn't want to hurt my cheeks from awaiting grin.

At my door, Mikey let my hand go reluctantly, and I turned to him, "I had a wonderful time."

"Me too," he combed his hand through his hair, "Next Friday, you doin' anything?"

I shook my head, "Not that I know of."

He licked his lips, again, "I'd love to go out...anywhere, if that's cool?"

I nodded, "Sure."

"Great," a great big smile broke onto his face, "I'll see you, Morgan."

"I'll see you, Mikey." I opened my door, but before I could step in, Mikey said my name softly. "Hmm?"

He was lightening fast, he gave me a small peck on the lips, "You're wonderful."

I blushed manically, "So are you."

"See you." He waved halfheartedly and started down the hall, still looking back at me.

"See you." I replied back, softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)
The comments are wonderful, as well.