Just Like Heaven

Love, no. Like, yes.

Everything was the same as the weeks continuously passed. As they did, I noticed that my belly was forming once December arrived. At work, I had to cut down my hours, because I was getting more and more fatigued. My boss had noticed that I was pregnant and was kind enough to let me leave early and didn't send me on Starbucks runs anymore.

I was okay with this whole pregnancy thing, except that Paula and Brendan both made a lot of jokes. It was annoying, but I lived with it.

Before our Christmas break -a whole week, thank goodness- Seth came up to me. We didn't really talk much at work, especially in the last few weeks, since I had been leaving early. He smiled and put mail on my desk, "Hey, Morgan."

"Hi Seth." I looked up at him, "Can I help you?"

He sighed softly, "Um, I was wondering...y'know...do you like, wanna go out?"

I could see him smiling, those deep dimples, his cheeks were a light maroon color, "Oh...wow." I murmured, it must've taken him a lot to ask me, "Seth, I'd love to, but have you seen me lately?"

He raised a brow, and I stood up, showing him my small, round belly hidden underneath my blouse, "What?"

I raised my brow, too, "I'm pregnant."

He tweaked his lips, "I know."

"Oh, well, how come you asked me out? You'd want to date a pregnant chick?"

He smiled, "I like you, a lot, and I know how hard it is to raise a child without a father. My mother did it. I want to be there for you."

I smiled back, "That's very, very sweet of you, Seth, but I...I don't know."

"All I'm asking for is a chance. I'm not gonna make out with you or force you to have sex or something." He grinned at me; he was so sweet.

I bit at my lip, "Is this a pity date?"

"No, I promise. I think you're hot, and I was gonna ask you out, but you've been so busy...and then...y'know, you're pregnant."

I chuckled, "Alright, fine. We'll go out."

•••

I told Paula about my date and she squealed like a pig. Yes, it was high pitched and happy.

"Seth is so cute and so into you." She cooed.

"It's a pity date." I told her.

"For you or for him?"

"For me. He feels sorry for me." I mumbled

"No, he doesn't. He really likes you! You should see the way he looks over at you sometimes; he's in love with you." Paula grinned.

"I'm not ready for all that, and besides, I'm pregnant. Why would he want a pregnant woman?"

"Because, he doesn't care. He loves you."

"Love, no. Likes, yes." I pointed out.

"Fine, let him like you. He'll be good for you, and be a good father figure for your kid."

I shook my head, "I can't do that. What if it doesn't work out?"

"Then talk to him about all of this."

I sighed, "Yeah, okay."

Seth had arrived later that night for our date. He looked so cute, bundled up in a coat and sweater. I could handle the California cold, I grew up in Chicago, where it snowed.

"Hey, Seth." I smiled at him, "Come in."

He stepped, making sure he stomped his feet on the welcome mat, "Hey. I'm taking you to see a movie."

I looked at him, "Really, what movie?" I grabbed my coat and began to button it.

"Sweeney Todd."

"Ah, I love Johnny Depp!" I grinned.

"Good, because I got a crush on Helena Bonham Carter."

"Should I be concerned?" I smirked.

"Nah, I only have eyes for you."

I was a bit nervous about this date. I was afraid of falling in love. I was afraid of liking Seth too much, my heart still ached for Mikey. I hated how much I wanted someone who didn't want me. I wanted to give Seth a chance, but my heart wouldn't let me.

During our date, Seth was such a gentleman. He bought the popcorn, the soda and the M&Ms. He rested his arm around my shoulder and didn't try anything; I mean, could he? A small bump kept that from happening.

All through the movie, though, I couldn't concentrate. I thought about what I would say when we would get into his car. I wanted to tell him the truth, he deserved it, he was too nice a guy.

When the movie was over, Seth took my hand and led the way out; "Did you like it?" He asked.

"It was good, but I like the '79 version." I told him with a small laugh.

"I see, I've never seen it. I like this, though, but Mrs. Lovett's meat pies made me a little sick."

"The blood was bad," I grimace, "I almost threw up."

He chuckled, "I'm glad you didn't."

"Y'know, Seth, I had a very nice time with you." I told him as we exited the theatre, "I need to be honest."

"Shoot." He said looking down at me.

"I like you, but...as a friend."

He still smiled, "I figured. But, I tried. Can I still be your friend?"

I smiled back, feeling so much better, "Of course you can, silly."

He kissed my head, "Awesome."
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring? Sorry, I'm just getting through it. Still, I hope you guys like it. I'm building things up.