Just Like Heaven

Stranger

The following day I went out and ran some errands like I do every Sunday. I had seen Mikey as I got to the bottom of the stairs, he smiled at me; "Hey."

"Hey."

"Where are you off to?" He asked softly.

"Errands." I said casually.

He nodded, "I got a meeting...maybe we can get a coffee?"

I smiled, "Hmm, you wanna see me again so soon?" I purred at him.

He bit his bottom lip, "Yeah, why not?"

"I thought guys like you would have girls hanging off of you."

He shook his head and put on his dark sunglasses, "I'm not that type. I'd assume the same about you; guys at your beck and call."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right."

"Could've fooled me."

"You are a very funny man, Mikey Way."

He grinned, "I've been told."

"Where do you wanna meet up for coffee?"

"Uh...there's this shop, down town, called Gordy's. It's in a discrete area, you gotta check the signs." He told me the address then, "Can we meet at one?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Alright, cool. I'll see you, Morgan."

I waved to him as we went on our separate ways. 

My heart thumped happily in my chest, I don't think my mind would operate the same. I had a massive crush on Mikey, and it was gonna eat my heart away. I never met a guy like him before, and I liked it.

As I tried to run my usual errands, Mikey came to mind often. I would see guys with similar builds and sunglasses, and think how much better Mikey looked. I was slowly, sickening myself with this school girl crush. Cannot deny it, I was enjoying it.

By the time one rolled around, I was eager to get downtown. I made myself calm, slow down, and get to the shop a bit past one. I didn't want to seem to eager, I didn't want to drive him away. No guy wants an eager, weird girl. But, it was alright, because it was hell trying to find the place. I had walked past it twice, until I finally asked someone, and I went right in; it was 1:15.

The place was dimly light, with candles on the tables, and dark sheets hung in the front windows. There was soft, indie music playing and there were a few people inside, reading or sipping hot coffee. I saw Mikey after my eyes adjusted to the darkness; he was sitting towards the back, playing with his phone, his sunglasses and hoodie gone. I walked over, he looked up, his furrowed brows smoothed back and he smiled. I smiled back, taking a seat across from him.

"Hey, did you find it alright?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I walked past it twice."

He gave a soft laugh, "I actually ran in here to get away once; it's a nice hiding place."

"Who were you running from?" I teased.

He rubbed his neck, giving me a reluctant smile, "Really want me to answer that?"

I raised my brow, "What are you, some type of spy?"

He shook his head, "No."

"Maybe you are. Spy's aren't suppose to reveal themselves to civilians."

He laughed, "Aren't those superheroes?"

"Are you a superhero?"

He smirked, "Only in my dreams."

I leaned back, "Alrighty, Mikey, why are you so discrete?"

"Trying to figure you out." He took a sip of his coffee, "See if you're genuine or not."

I frowned slightly, "You don't trust me?"

He looked down at his coffee mug, "I don't trust a lot of people, to be honest with you, Morgan."

"I get that," I said softly, "so, I won't push..."

"You're one of the first girls I've met who doesn't know me extensively." He played with his hands, cracking his knuckles, "I like that. It's...refreshing."

"If I did know you, you would've known," I told him, "I'm a freak when it comes to recognizing people...I will yelp it out." I gave a lame laugh.

"Well, then I'm glad you don't know me...extensively." 

"So, tell me about yourself, fully, then. Give me the...filtered, parts of you."

He raised a brow, "Filtered?"

"Whatever you want me to know."

He smiled, nodding, "Yeah. I love Star Wars; think it's the greatest thing ever made."

I chuckled, "Wow, I have never seen it."

His eyes bulged, "You've never seen Star Wars?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

He exasperated, "Where the hell have you been?"

"I'm not into space movies."

"Well, if you're gonna hang with me, you have to see Star Wars, at least once."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Oh, alright."

"I like sushi too much." He added, "I think it's the second greatest thing ever discovered."

"What's the first?"

"Fire." He gave me a dumb smile that made me give one back.

"Ha-ha."

"I'm being serious."

"I think sushi is gross...the smell alone is a massive...turn off." I shook my head at the thought.

"Me and you are very different."

"Indeed."

"Opposites," he looked down, then took a sip, "Opposites attract."

The glare he gave me made my cheeks burn. I held my breath a moment, then exhaled, "Some say."

"I think it's a fact." He leaned back in his seat with cool confidence.

"That is your thought."

"What do you think?"

"Anything is possible."

Mikey gave me a small smile now, "I like you, Morgan."

"And, I like you, Mikey."

He licked his lips, "You wanna go for a walk?"

***

Mikey and I took a walk out by the park. He explained Star Wars to me, and I was still confused. He explained the love of that gross raw fish, and still, I didn't seem tempted. It was all wonderful, care free and fun; though, he didn't bring up anymore personal things.

"I forgot to ask," I said as we walked down the jogger's path, "what instrument do you play?"

He kept his hands dug into his pockets, "I play many. My specialty is the bass."

I smiled, "Ooh, I like bassist." I gushed softly.

"Really, like who?"

"I used to have a crush on Mark Hoppus." 

He chuckled, "Oh, wow."

"And, Paul McCartney is a genius."

"Cannot agree more."

"Dee Dee Ramone is king." 

Mikey raised his brow, "King? You haven't heard me yet."

I gave a soft laugh, "Well, when can I hear you?"

He shrugged sheepishly, "Soon...hopefully. There's just one thing."

I looked at him as he paced slowed and he looked at me seriously, "Yeah?"

"You won't google me, will you?"

I furrowed my brows, "Why would I do that?"

His demeanor changed to something that I couldn't put my finger on. It was a gentle, calm expression.

"Thanks."

I was still confused, but I didn't say anything else. I wouldn't go home and google him. That seemed too weird, I mean, what person actually did that? 

The whole thing left my mind as soon as we exited the park and got to the street. Mikey walked closer to me, his elbow brushed against mine and he looked down. I looked at him, his hand pulled from his pocket and he slowly, nervously, took hold of my hand. I smiled like a fool, not believing he was holding my hand. I almost squealed, almost.

And, he kept his hand in mine as we walked to the apartment complex. He and I didn't speak, we were in a wonderful, comfortable silence. I knew, now, that I was falling, heavily, for Mikey.

We got to the bottom of the stairs, at the complex, and Mikey let my hand go reluctantly; "I can see you whenever, right?" He asked softly.

"Of course...if you want." I said softly, "But, I work all week from 8 to 4."

He nodded, "You don't mind me popping up?"

I looked him up and down, "Nah." I jested.

He smirked, "Great."

"Don't be a stranger."

He pecked my cheek quickly, "I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading; unsure of what to say, other than that. The comments are wonderful, thank you. :)