Just Like Heaven

F You

A couple days later, everything was pretty much the same, only Mikey came around a lot more, and Paula and Brendan didn't like it. Max didn't really care, neither did my mom. Mikey didn't care about them, he came to see me and show me baby naming books.

Due to Brendan's dislike of Mikey's presence, Mikey and I spent most of our time in my room. The door was open, and how could I even think of sex with my stomach this huge. 

I still had the issue of feeling not so attractive, despite all Seth says at times. But, when Mikey looks at me, the funny way he does, I don't feel as unattractive as I think I do. He smiles at me, crookedly, how he does it, I don't know, but it makes me gushy and my cheeks flush.

"You're beautiful." He said to me; he and I were sitting on my bed, looking those baby naming books over.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay." 

"I'm being serious. You don't believe me?" His eyes were full of wonder; his facial features were becoming more and more full as the days had come and gone.

"No, I don't." I smirked at him.

"Well, you are." His hand moved to my stomach; the baby kicked three times, I didn't really mind, I was feeling butterflies, too.

"Hey, you already got into my pants, no need for flattery, Mikes." 

He smiled at me, "I'm just being honest."

I couldn't respond, it was always this way with Mikey.

"Alright, did you find a name you like?" He asked a moment later.

I shrugged, "Not really."

"What about James?"

I found myself giggling, "After yourself?"

"Yeah. That isn't too conceited, now is it?"

I shook my head, "It actually sounds nice together, Noah James."

Mikey smiled proudly, "Awesome."

I rolled my eyes again, "You are full of yourself." I said accusingly.

"I am not. I can't help it if I have a cool name."

"Yeah, thank your mother for me."

Mikey looked down suddenly. I felt a little bad for saying that, because Mikey had said anything about his mom. I didn't know how they were at the moment.

"Are you and your mom okay?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Nah...but, Gerard told her that you're pregnant."

I frowned, I didn't want her to attack me or something.

"Did she say anything?"

Mikey looked at me, "She's demanding a DNA test."

I sucked my teeth, "Yeah, okay." I muttered sarcastically, "She'll have all the proof she needs when she sees our son with the same lazy look you give me."

Mikey laughed, "What lazy look?"

I tried my best to copy Mikey's bored look; I relaxed my face and tried to half-lid my eyes. Mikey laughed, "Shut up. I don't do that."

I nodded, "Yes, you do! Like, I'll take a picture of you one day, so you can see."

Mikey moved his hand, placing it on my hand, "I hope he looks like you."

"He'll look very feminine then," I warned him jokingly.

"I'm willing to risk it. I'm gonna love him no matter what."

That's what made my heart flutter, "You better." 

"I am, I promise."

I was glad that everything was working out in my favor. I kind of expected it to fall apart, but even if it would, I would try my hardest to keep it all together. Mikey and I never had to be together again, but he would always love our son.

•••

On Sunday evening my family had left. I was a little sad to see them gone, but they'd be back by the time I was to give birth. That was a long ways away, I sort of wished they could've stayed longer.

So, it was just Paula and I, now in the house. She and I usually annoyed each other by arguing over what to watch. Seth had come over and was the unanimous vote.

"We're watching the Simpsons!" Paula exclaimed; Seth took her side.

"What the F? I wanna watch Family Guy!"

Paula raised her brow, "What the F?"

"I'm trying to watch my language." I said with a shrug. She and Seth started to laugh, while I rolled my eyes, "Ha, ha, go ahead, make fun of the dork. One of you cusses around my kid, you're fuckin' dead."

"Don't you mean, we're F'in dead?" Seth asked with a chuckle.

"Yes." I glared at them, "Go ahead and watch your shitty cartoon, I'm gonna go make some popcorn, and you can't have any." I stuck my tongue out at them and went to the kitchen; halfway there, someone rang the doorbell.

I groaned, "Really?"

"Get it, lazy ass." Paula called out to me.

"F You." I mumbled.

I walked to the door, hearing the person knock unsteadily. I looked out the panel window and saw Mikey. He was shivering, so I opened the door; the wind was blowing at the rain was falling in buckets.

"Mikey, why are you here?" I asked as he stepped in.

"I don't know." He said quickly, "I'm freezing."

I shook my head at him, "You're acting strange."

He took his hoodie off, it was soaked, "Do you mind me being here?"

I shook my head again, "No, but why?"

"Gerard went out to some art thing, and I didn't want to be alone."

"Alright, well, follow me. I'll dry your hoodie."

Mikey smiled and followed me towards the kitchen, then he stood by the counter as I went to the adjourning laundry room an put his hoodie in the dryer. I returned and went to the cabinet; I was too short to get the popcorn.

"Who put it that high?" I grumbled, "Mikey, can you get the popcorn for me?"

He kept a smile on, and went to the cabinet; "Kettle corn or butter?"

"What do you think, genius?"

"Harsh," he said smirking at me, "butter, right?"

"Duh."

"Well, I assumed you were making popcorn for Paula and her boyfriend."

I snorted, "Oh, man, Seth isn't Paula's boyfriend."

Mikey raised his brow, "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Do I look like I would have a boyfriend?"

He shrugged, "Probably."

I rolled my eyes and took the popcorn from him. I put it in the microwave, and then Mikey pulled me away. I raised my brow at him, "What?"

"You can't stand in front of the microwave when you're pregnant."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, because Mikey looked so damn cute, worrying like he did. I patted his cheek, "Thanks."

"Any time." He then put his hand on my stomach, "I will never get tired of feeling this."

"Imagine when he's born; he might kick you in the face."

Mikey laughed, "Sure."

"I'll make him."

"You're mean." He frowned at me.

"I'm just joking." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers Block is such a bitch.