Just Like Heaven

Resistance

I didn't really think of what Mikey might've thought of Seth until they were together in the same room. They gave each other the eye, like sizing reach other up. Paula smirked at me, while I took hold of Mikey's shoulder, while he held the popcorn bowl, "Seth this is Mikey. Mikes, that's Seth."

Seth nodded to him, Mikey did the same, "Sup?"

I shook my head, "Uh, let's go to my room, Mike."

Mikey nodded, taking my hand. I led him to my room and shut the door a little, and put the popcorn bowl down. He sat on the bed, grabbing my TV remote, but I took it from him, "Please, don't a dick."

He gave me a hard look, "How am I being a dick?"

"Well, staring my friend down isn't cool." 

"I didn't stare him down, Morgan." He glared at me.

"Don't even go there. I don't want to fight with you, and I don't want any hate towards Seth."

He gave me a look, "Why are you friends with him at all?"

I raised my brow, "He's my friend."

"Why?"

"I can't believe you're asking this. He's my friend, and he's been there for me, while you were off. We aren't dating, so I don't see the problem."

"The problem is, what are you gonna tell our kid who this guy is?"

I didn't understand what Mikey was really getting at.

"Seth is my friend, so naturally, he'll be like an uncle."

Then, Mikey rolled his eyes at me. That's when I almost lost it. I smacked him in the face.

He just stared at me, his eyes were just a blank. Nothing. I was kind of fearful what he was really thinking or feeling.

"I get it." He leered.

I still didn't know what to think.

"You get what?" I quipped quickly.

"I understand what he did for you."

I felt tears swell in my eyes, it was out of frustration, "He's just my friend, alright? He hasn't been anything more, and I've thought about it. I really did, but I couldn't betray my true feelings, and use him. So, he has tried to fill that hole, that you left, but he's only been able to cover it." I revealed my feelings to Mikey, making my tears fall and soak my face.

He pulled my arm, making me come to him. He wrapped his around me, he kissed my face, everywhere but my lips. I found myself feeling better, my chest lightened, I stopped sobbing and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, Morgan." He whispered against my neck.

It crazy, but more weight shifted off my shoulders. I felt amazingly better, I kissed Mikey's cheek and pulled away from him, "Thank you."

I sat beside Mikey, clearing my face. He put his hand on my thigh, "I don't want anyone to take my place, as lame as that sounds." He contented softly.

"No one is gonna take your place." I averred sternly, "Believe me."

He smiled, "I will."

"Promise me you'll be kind to Seth, he's very nice."

Mikey licked his lips, "Yeah, okay."

"Promise?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He gave a low laugh, "Yes, M, I promise."

"Good." I pecked his cheek.

•••

A good month had past, and it was really the same routine with Mikey and I. Only, Seth, he didn't come around much anymore, and I was sadden by that. I think he was threatened by Mikey.

When he finally came around, I had to ask him.

"Seth, what do you think of Mikey?" I asked him; we both sat on my couch.

"I don't." 

I rolled my eyes, "You don't? What do you mean by that?"

"I don't think if your boyfriend."

"Mikey isn't my boyfriend."

"So you say. You should see the way you look at him."

"I still have a lot of feelings for him, y'know, but we aren't together."

"Alright, Morgan." 

I could see that Seth didn't believe me. 

"You don't believe me." I stated.

He shrugged, "Don't matter, does it? He's the one you want."

I frowned, coursing my hair, "Please, don't do this."

"What am I doing?" He asked sharply.

"You know, I had this same conversation with Mikey. I am too forgiving to you guys, because I care about you guys. I'm not keeping you here, I want you to be my friend, and not get too wound in competing for my affection. There's a baby we have to consider."

Seth shook his head, "Yeah, yeah," he seemed to be coming around, "I understand."

I hugged Seth, "Thanks."

"No problem, M."

I still saw some resistance in him, but until he was ready to blow, I didn't want to question it. It sadden me that things wouldn't ever be even between them. I don't think they would ever even consider being acquaintances.

I can't make them like each other. No matter how much I wanted them to.


I didn't bring anything up when Mikey took me to my latest check up. I didn't say anything, because Mikey looked nervous as hell as he drove me. He acted as if my water broke or something.

I put my hand on his arm, "Relax," his grip on the steering wheel was tight, "what's up?"

He shrugged, "Nervous."

"I can tell. Everything is fine."

He shook his head, "Last time I went to one of these things, Alicia told me she made it up."

I frowned, rubbing his arm gently, "Well, I can't say I would make this up. It looks like I swallowed a beach ball."

Mikey smiled, chuckling after and looked over at me, "You look beautiful, Morgan."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "Thank you."

He took hold of my hand and squeezed it. I felt my love bug feelings swarm my skin. I felt madly in love with Mikey; though, I still wasn't going to let him in so easily.

I kept my feelings quiet when we got to the doctor's office. He helped me out the car, and took hold of my hand as we walked in. Mikey had looked down at me, with a smile and my heart fluttered. 

I hated when he made me feel that way, because he knew what he was doing. He was making me into silly putty.

After I signed in, we sat down together. He put his arm around my shoulder, "I know what you're doing." I told him.

"What am I doing?" He asked with a smirk.

"You're turning me into mush, Michael Way."

He laughed softly, "I don't mean to."

"Liar. You're trying to win me over." I smirked at him.

"Is it working?" He grinned.

I bit at my lip, "Yes, you jerk."

He kissed my cheek, "Why am I a jerk."

"I'm suppose to be resisting you."

He laughed again, "You couldn't resist me even if you really wanted too."

I rolled my eyes, "Cocky asshole."

He kissed me on the lips this time, "Stop sulking, baby."

Mikey was right. I couldn't resist him. But, I can make him work for it.