Just Like Heaven

Ain't

Two days later, I called Seth up. He hadn't been around, as I said, and I really missed him. I suggested that we should have lunch and he agreed.

It's a friendly thing, but others seemed to think it was more. I say this, because when we went out, we went to this little restaurant in town, near Hollywood. There was a few photographers about, but that was normal for Hollywood; I've seen my share of celebrities, but that's normal, too.

As we sat and ordered, I talked to him about things, about how I wanted him around more. Seth seemed to agree, and he said that he would try and get along with Mikey. I wanted them too, they both mean the world to me. 

We ate, but then, I saw photographers' camera flashes blind me. I put my hand up, more flashes, coming from the window beside us, where we were seated, then they stopped. I raised my brow, the manager of the restaurant went outside and shooed them away.

"What was that about?" A woman behind us asked.

Her friend tried to whisper, "That girl is pregnant with some boozy rockstar's kid. I think she's cheating on him."

I furrowed my brows, wanting to confront them...but I didn't. My obstetrician told me to relax with the stress and the anger; my blood pressure had been high in the early stages of my pregnancy. I don't want to be bothered with it, so I just let it go.

"I'm ready to go." I said to Seth a few minutes later.

"Sure. M, do you think they were taking pictures of you?"

I shrugged, "I dunno. I'm not famous."

"But, y'know, Mikey is."

I licked my lips, "Jesus, I don't need this."

Seth took my hand, "C'mon, let's get you home. You should take a bath."

"Yeah, yeah." I spoke as if I were breathless; this thing was getting to me.

I never expected myself to be caught up with a celebrity. To me, Mikey wasn't a celebrity; he never went to big events, he didn't act in movies, he didn't do interviews on big talk shows and his picture wasn't in the tabloids. Sure, I've seen Gerard in a magazine, once and that was because Max showed it to me. So, I didn't understand why I was being photographed; I wasn't famous either.

Seth dropped me off, he helped me inside, though, and I saw Mikey sitting on my couch. I was a little surprised, because I expected Paula to be home, but she wasn't, and Mikey was here.

"Hey." Mikey had this look to his eyes that I couldn't place as he walked over to us, "Thanks for taking Morgan out, man. I wanted her to get some fresh air."

Mikey was, in some unseen an unheard way mocking me. He was taunting Seth as well, but it wasn't obvious; I repeated his tone and words in my head, that's how I knew.

"We just went for lunch." Seth said with a smile.

"Thanks, Seth." I gave him a quick hug and said goodbye.

Seth closed the door behind him, and I turned to Mikey. I didn't want to put him on the spot, but the tone was still in my head, mocking me. I held it in, "What are you doing here, Mikes? I thought you were going out with your dad today."

He followed me as I went to the couch, "I did. I left, though, when Gerard asked me if you were seeing Seth."

I raised my brow, "And?"

Mikey looked me up and down, "I couldn't answer it. He told me you guys were at some restaurant hugging and shit."

I exasperated and rolled my eyes, "Give me a fucking break. You think I'm fucking Seth? Are you kidding me? Have you not seen me? I'm a goddamn blimp!"

Mikey's demeanor changed, "You ain't a blimp."

"God, I hate when you say ain't. You and your brother, it's fucking annoying." I was just ranting then.

Mikey chuckled, "Sorry."

"Apologize for what you thought I was doing!" I snapped.

He looked taken back, "What? About you fuckin' Seth?"

"Yes." 

"Alright, I'm sorry."

"You don't mean it. You're a jerk off. I can't believe you would think such outrageous and bogus rumors!"

"Look, I was...I saw it on some gossip website."

I frowned, "Really? What the hell? Those photographers were taking pictures of me?"

Mikey nodded, "They thought you were with Gerard first."

I groaned, "I can't do this. I need to lie down, you need to go." I stood up, as best I could and started towards my bedroom.

"No, I'm not leaving." Mikey declared, following me.

"Leave." I spat.

"Why are you mad? Don't be mad." He begged then.

"Leave me alone." I spoke half-heartedly; my emotions ranged, it was scary and it was annoying.

Mikey caught me in his arms when I entered my bedroom. He held me, from behind and kissed the crown of my head. My heart began to swell, as well as emotional, hormonal tears. I sniffled as I began to cry, Mikey turned me around, slowly and pulled me into his arms again. He kissed my face, like before, but included my lips.

"I'm so tired of this." I sobbed to him, "I don't know what's wrong with me."

He gave a soft laugh, bringing his hands to cup my cheeks, "You're pregnant, babe."

I wiped my eyes, "I feel like a cry baby."

He kissed the tip of my nose, "You're my cry baby."

I swear, my heart nearly burst through my chest. I buried my face into his chest and hugged him. He held me, too, rubbing my back gently. 

"You need some rest, M. Don't stress about minimal things." He kissed my lips gently, lingering, "The only thing that matters is you and Noah."

Whenever he called the baby by his name, it made my heart race. The simple fact that he cares makes me fall harder for him.

"Okay." I said softly, "Will you lie with me?"

Mikey nodded, taking hold of my hand. Together, we climbed into my bed, Mikey wrapped his arms around me, from behind and I let his hands rest on my belly. My chest still tightened whenever the baby kicked, and because Mikey was causing it.

•••

Max called me a week later, asking me what was going on. Initially I didn't understand, until he said something about a gossip website. I had rolled my eyes; "Maxie, that's nothing."

"You aren't engaged?"

I giggled, "No, Max."

He stammered a bit, "B-but they got pictures of Mikey and Gerard and Frank helping him pick out wedding bands."

"I'm sure he's getting his old one fixed or something." 

"Oh, well, I read he was buying a diamond and he proposed to you."

I laughed softly, "When he proposes, Maxie, you'll be the first I call."

He scoffed, "You better. I wanna be best man."

I rolled my eyes again, "Maxie, you're dreaming a little too big."

"I'm serious."

"You have to talk to Mikey about that."

"Oh I will." Max declared.

I shook my head, "Good luck."

"Thanks."

I hung up with Max, and went back to making me some Mac and Cheese. Paula walked in, leaning over the counter; "How's it hanging?"

"Long and hard." I replied.

Paula laughed, "Gross, M."

"You asked." I turned to face her, "How's work?"

She frowned with a pout, "I miss you."

"Well, 6 weeks after my kid is out, I'll return."

"I still can't believe you're pregnant. And it's a boy." She shook her head, "Hey, I never really...asked, but how are you and Mikey?"

I was surprised, "We're working things out."

She smiled, "I'm glad. Even though, y'know, I don't particularly like him, I want you guys to work out. My godson needs a daddy."

"Yes, he sure does. And, don't worry, everything is working out."

She let out a low breath, "Take care of yourself, M. I gotta go."

I hugged her as she walked over, "See ya."

"See ya, Morgan and Noah."

I giggled and waved as she left. 

I felt better that all my relationships were mending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please forgive any mistakes, I'm in a rush.
Shameless Plug time, yet again ---> Heavy