Just Like Heaven

Big Deal

Mikey came over a little while later; I was home alone, bored out of my head and called him. He sat on the couch with me, and I could see his hands shaking a bit. I looked him over, his shoulders were tight.

I put my hands on his shoulders and began to massage them. He loosened up, "Mikey, what's up? Are you okay?"

He nodded, "I'm stressed out, M." 

I kept my hands working, "What about? The band?"

He shook his head, "She came over today."

I stopped momentarily, "Why?"

"Why do you think? To fuck me over." He grumbled, "I hate her, Morgan, she won't leave me alone."

I started to massage his shoulders again as he hung his head, "Did you talk to her flat out? Did you tell her that you don't love her?"

Mikey looked over at me, "Yeah, when I broke it off with her. I even exchanged my ring yesterday, I got a new one, but the jeweler is keeping it on hold for me."

"I don't know what to tell you, Mikes..." I put my arm around him, I rested my head on his shoulder, "Maybe you should talk to her again."

"I never want to fucking see her again." He growled, "I only...I just want you, not her."

"I think it'll do you some good if you tell her all that. Make her understand."

He coursed his messy, dark, shaggy head of hair, "I'll try."

I kissed the corner of his mouth, "Good luck, babe."

He turned his head and caught my lips, "Thanks." He whispered.

Then, he put his hand on my belly. He smiled as the baby kicked his hand. He exhaled lowly, "I can't wait until he's born...I'm so nervous."

"Me, too. Why are you nervous?"

He bit at his lip, "Don't laugh, okay?"

I nodded, "I won't laugh. Promise."

"I'm afraid I'll drop him."

My lips twitched, "Have you dropped a baby before?"

"One of my friend's kids." 

I giggled, "What happened?"

"The baby burped and I got scared. I haven't held a baby since." He grimaced at the memory.

I patted his cheek, "Mikey, you aren't going to drop our baby. Do you want to go to my lamaze class with me?"

"You go to lamaze classes?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, me and Paula go once a week. It isn't a full commitment thing; she goes to learn about how to help me through the birth."

Mikey frowned, "Shouldn't I be doing that and not Paula?"

"Well, I guess so. Paula suggested it; I watched the videos, I know what to expect and what to do." I explained.

"So...are you gonna let her in the delivery room with you?" He looked a little down.

I felt my heart in my throat. I didn't even consider Mikey, I never really thought about that stuff. I had the whole delivery over and done with in my head. It was no big deal to me, but it was a big deal to Mikey.

"I talked to my doc, he said only one other person in the room...I figured Paula, because she's my friend. It's no big deal to me." I told him, "But, if you want to be in the room with me, I'll tell Paula."

He exhaled, "I want to be there. I want to be one of the first person's Noah sees."

My stomach twisted and the baby kicked, Mikey felt it. Mikey then leaned down and kissed my swollen belly. My heart soared, I felt my breathing hitch.

Mikey looked at me, sitting up, "You're all the good I got left. You and this baby...that's all I need."

I saw him starting to tear up, I brushed my hand over his cheek and his hair, "You got your family, too, Mikes," I whispered, "I love you, they love you, and our son, he's gonna love you, too. Don't worry about anything, baby, it'll all work out. Even this whole situation with Alicia, it'll all work out, you just have to keep your head up."

Mikey kissed my forehead, "You're so damn wise."

I shrugged, "I've learned from experience. Keep your head up."

"I will. I promise."


Mikey had left after we had dinner, and Paula showed up. I was gonna tell her about Mikey joining me in the delivery room. She sat at the kitchen table with me, she poked at the salad I bought for her.

"How was your day? Did you go out and get some air?" She asked.

"Yes, I did. Oh, on Thursday, Mikey's gonna take me to the lamaze class."

"You sure?" She ate some of her salad.

I nodded, "He really wants to be there, Paula. I also want him in the delivery room."

Paula stopped eating and looked at me. I thought she was gonna be upset, but she smiled, "Oh, thank God. I was getting nervous, M. I love you, but I cannot see you give birth."

I laughed, "Hey, you didn't have to look at my lady junk."

"Still. I had have to see him covering in blood and all that stuff." She grimaced and shook her head, "Mikey can take my place."

"I'm glad you aren't mad."

"I'm cool with it. I'm happy that he's putting in extra effort."

"Me, too."

Paula licked her lips, "Are you guys together?"

"Not officially. We're working it out."

"Y'know...he can like...move in, if you want him too."

I raises my brow, shocked, "What?"

Paula wavered her head and grumbled, "I'm not his biggest fan, but that baby is coming soon, and he should be here, with you and the baby, 24/7."

"Are you positive, Paula?"

She nodded, "Yes. And, if you want me to move out--"

I stopped her, "No, no! I want you to stay, don't leave." I stammered.

Paula grinned, "Okay, I won't leave. No need to beg."

"Will you be able to stand Mikey?"

She nodded, "If he doesn't say mean shit to you."

"He's a saint, Paula."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm sure."

"No, really." I started slowly, "he's been...very sweet lately. He cares so much about the baby."

"As long as he keeps that up, we won't have a problem."

"Thanks." I said sincerely.

"You're welcome."

•••

The following day, I had been doing the stretches that my obstetrician suggested, and cleaned up. I didn't really have much to do; aside from talking on the phone with some of my friends. Once I had finished all that, it was the afternoon.

I sat on my couch, put my feet up and watched TV. I was deep in a food channel marathon about fried food, when the bell rang. I looked over at it, and got up, best I could. I waddled to the door, "Who is it?"

The person hesitated, I put my hand on the door, "Its...Alicia."

I looked at the door, confused. I decided to open it, wondering. I opened the door and saw her standing there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, the next chapter...can't tell you! You gotta wait, and I would like to see what you guys expect :)

Thanks for reading