Just Like Heaven

Unbelievable

"Megan? Right?" Alicia looked me up and down, her dark hair pinned up and with nude lip gloss on her lips.

"Morgan." I corrected.

"Whatever," she scoffed quickly, "I need to talk to you."

"About Mikey. Why?" 

She gave me another round about look, "I don't know what he sees in you, honestly."

I rolled my eyes, "You came to my home to insult me because Mikey doesn't want you anymore." I stated, "Thus, trying to break me down and have me thinking bad about myself and always wondering if Mikey wants me honestly. Right?"

Her jaw slacked a moment, "He'll always want me." She countered quickly.

"Yeah, okay." I scoffed. 

"Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you automatically get him. I was pregnant once, but I can't imagine having a baby with him." She grimaced, my fist tightened.

I furrowed my brows, too, my jaw slacked like hers had done, "Excuse me?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"I got rid of that thing. You really think I want a baby with Mikey? God, I can't stand him. It's all about notoriety, you know that." She waved her hand off in the air.

I wanted to slug this woman. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How dare she? She's been using him all these years. She never really wanted him. My chest hurt so bad, I could barely breathe properly.

"You've been using that poor man for your own little pleasure?" I barked at her, "Do you know what you've done?"

Alicia rolled her eyes, "I've done nothing. You're a woman, you should know how it is. Jesus Christ, I had to go through hell with him, I got this tattoo for him, for Chrissake! He's mine, you need to back off." She warned me.

My body set on fire; I was pissed, "I'm going to tell Mikey--"

She put her hand up, "You think he's really going to believe you? I was his wife--"

My anger grew, I smacked her hand out of my face, "First off, don't you put your hand in my face, second, you...you're his EX wife, and third, you should be so fucking ashamed of yourself. You have no goddamn right to do what you've done to him; he's the sweetest man I've ever met."

She laughed, rolling her eyes too, "I don't give a fuck what he is, as long as he's Mikey Way. You can have your little baby, but Mikey is mine. His fame and money are mine. You better believe he's coming home with me."

My anger still flared, setting my heart to bang against my chest, "Get the fuck out of here, you conniving bitch." I slammed the door in her face and locked it.

I sat down on my couch and grabbed my phone; I called Mikey immediately. My chest was tight, my breathing was heavy, my heart hammered as the phone rang and rang. Finally, he picked up, "What's up, M?"

I felt like crying, the pain subsided, "Ugh. I...where are you?" I asked in a heavy, groggy tone, I pinched my eyes closed for a moment.

"I'm on my way over now, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He sounded panicked.

I hummed, "Alicia just came over." I rubbed my chest, the baby kicked lightly, "You're probably not going to believe what she just said to me."

Mikey was silent, then he spoke up, "What'd she say?"

"I'll wait till you get here. I really want to strangle her."

"I...I'm coming, I'll be there in a few minutes."

We hung up and I waited anxiously. It took less than three minutes for him to arrive and ring my door bell. I shot up, dizzying myself, but shook it off and rushed to the door, unlocking it and letting him in.

My head spun slightly, Mikey took my arm, "Whoa, baby, slow down. You're gonna fall over."

I shook my head, "I can't. I have to tell you."

He nodded, pulling me over to the couch and made me sit. I rubbed my head, Mikey flattened his palm against my belly and the baby kicked lightly, it was comforting. "What's wrong? What did she say?"

I swallowed thickly, looking at him, "Mikey, what I'm about to say may seem so damn unbelievable."

He furrowed his brows, "What is it?"

"She says you won't believe me, but you got to." I stressed

"I will, M, just...tell me."

I coursed my hair, "I can't believe it myself," I said slowly, "Alicia, she wants me to leave you alone. She wants you to herself."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I know."

"She told me why, and it ain't cause she loves you."

Mikey raised his brow, then I started to tell him, word for word, what Alicia said to me; except about her getting "rid" of their baby, I knew that would hurt him. He sat stoic, not saying a word, no facial movement. I waited for him to stop me, to call me a liar and to storm out, but he didn't.

When I finished, I had started to tear up, and held my breath a moment. My breathing had grown heavy, and Mikey still didn't move. Then, he leaned forward, exhaling heavily.

"Are you serious?" He asked quietly, he didn't look to me.

"It's like she didn't give a shit what she was telling me. I wanted to fucking hit her." I told him, sniffling and wiping my eyes.

He exhaled again, standing and walking away, turning his back to me. He stopped, by the door, he didn't move a muscle. I stood, slowly, "Mikey?"

He turned to me, "This is a big relief." He said slowly; he didn't look mad, he looked a bit happy, but only a little.

"You aren't mad?"

He nodded, "Mad that I wasted all my time with her...but if it weren't for her leaving me, I wouldn't've met you." He smiled crookedly, "I'm so glad I don't ever, really have to see her again."

"You're taking this easier than I thought." I said humorously.

"I just have more validation of not wanting to speak to her again." He exhaled happily, then he put his hand on my belly, "Are you okay? You weren't breathing alright awhile ago."

I nodded, "I'm okay, I think I was just...pissed off." The baby thumped Mikey's hand.

"The stress...you need to relax more, M."

"I know, I will. I just...Alicia really pissed me off." 

Mikey pulled me close to him, kissing my bottom lip, "I love you, Morgan," he said softly.

I gnawed at my bottom lip, feeling my cheeks warm. I kissed him back, "I love you, too. I want you to stay tonight."

"You sure?"

I nodded, "Paula won't mind."

He grinned, "Thank God."


Mikey sat up on my bed, while I laid back and watched TV. He was staring at my belly, he had lifted my shirt and was just looking at it. I didn't know what he was doing, but he just stared at it. As if it were going to change. Or, as if it were a TV.

"What're you doing?" I asked him; I looked over, he was still staring at it.

"I'm just fascinated. It's so...round." He's tone was full of curiosity and excitement.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, y'know, there is a baby in here."

"It's so...fascinating, M. I love it."

I blushed, "Why?"

"Because I love you, and I love what's inside." He put his hand there, again, like he always did, and watching my skin move, "That's amazing. That's my son." His voice was low and full of excitement, still.

"Still nervous?" I asked.

"Just a little. I'm just nervous about being a good role model for him. Y'know, I'm not that much of an idealic person."

"Well, neither am I." 

He smirked, "C'mon, you're like...an angel, or somethin'. I want to be you."

"Oh, whatever." I waved off.

"You are, Morgan. You're gonna be a great mom, I'm glad you're the mother of my first child." He said with a smile.

My heart thumped, I smiled back, "Well, the same goes for me." I bit at my lip again, "I'm very happy I'm with you Mikey."

Mikey licked his lips and crawled up towards me, kissing at my lips. We couldn't really do much because of my stomach, that didn't stop him. He pulled from me, looking down, "Remember the first time?" He asked in a husky tone.

I nodded, "Yeah, what about it?"

"You said I could always touch you." He breathed out, "Is that still valid?"

I giggled, "Oh my God," I flushed red, "I can't even..."

"Don't be shy, M, we're adults." He smirked again.

I rolled my eyes, "You want an honest answer?" He nodded, "Well, yes, it's still valid."

"It goes both ways, right?" He asked with a hopeful, snarky smile.

I exasparated, "Yes, Mikey."

He kissed my lips, "Hmm, I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have nothing against Alicia in real life, so please don't take anything I wrote seriously. After all, it is fan fiction
Thank you for reading :)