Just Like Heaven

Thoughts

I woke up, happily with Mikey beside me. He was lying on his stomach, face buried in my pillow. I smiled, bringing my hand up his bare back and through his hair. He stirred, turning his face to look at me, "What time is it?" He croaked.

"I dunno." I answered.

"Why'd you wake me up?" He mumbling childishly.

"I didn't wake you up." I told him.

"Yes you did." He rolled over, onto his back.

I rolled my eyes, playfully, at him, "You're such a baby."

"I'm just kidding, M." He sat up, rubbing his face, "You're cute when you wake up."

"Am I?" I batted my eyelashes jokingly.

"Beautiful." He said with a smile, then he sighed, letting the smile drop, "I was suppose to talk to Alicia today."

I frowned, too, "Are you gonna tell her?"

He shrugged, "I dunno what I'm gonna tell her." He scratched the back of his head, "It's always been over, and she really needs to understand that."

I didn't have a response. This all didn't sit well with me. I hated the thought of him talking to her again.

"Don't worry about it," Mikey put his hand on mine, "It'll be quick."

"Yeah, I know."

He smiled, leaned over and kissed my cheek, "I don't want you to get too worked up, either."

"I won't."

Mikey eyed me, "Promise?"

I nodded, "Promise. But, you have to promise to come back and bore me to death."

He laughed, "I promise."

I pulled him up and kissed his face repeatedly.

I was extremely happy at how our relationship was turning into. It was something I was happy with and proud of. Despite all the shit I had to go through, I was okay with that. Sure, there were some things I would redo knowing what I know now, but I would definitely do it all again.

I don't think there is another person that could make me as happy as Mikey made me. There couldn't possibly be anyone else for me. So, I was willing to do whatever to keep Mikey; as long as he's happy with me.

But, there's always that thought in the back of my head. Would he ever pick Alicia again. That sort of scared me while he was gone; I didn't want that.

I didn't tell Paula this, ever though she could see how much of a nervous wreck I was. I had bit my nails down to the nub, and I tapped them, waiting for Mikey to call me. Paula almost shook me to stop; "Call him, M!" She told me.

"He's busy and I don't wanna be rude." I told her.

She let go of my shoulders, "Fine, fine. Y'know, can I ask you somethin'?"

I nodded, looking at her, "Sure."

"You mind if I leave tonight? I've been seeing someone and..." she trailed.

"And you didn't tell me because?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, I don't wanna jinx it."

I rolled my eyes at her excuse, "Hey, you always got on my back about Mikey. Tell me about him."

"His name is Greg. Ugh, he's gorgeous!" She squealed.

"And you're spending the night with him?"

She nodded, "Yep."

"Skank." I joked.

She laughed, "I sure am. I'm gonna float my boat while it's at sea."

"Wow, I've never heard that before."

She shrugged, "I just made it up."

Paula and I continued to talk until her date showed up, and Mikey showed up at the same time. Paula ran out the door, barely saying goodbye, and Mikey came in, closing the door after her.

I looked at Mikey, smiling at him, "Hey Mikes."

He smiled, just barely, back at me. I was a bit worried, he sat beside, and leaned back. I waited for him to say something...finally, he opened his mouth, "Well...I told her off."

I bit at my lip, "What happened?"

He sat up, forward, "She yelled, I yelled, my mom...she yelled. I don't even know how my mom got here so fast," he shook his head in disbelief, "I told her that I know about her little game, and she cried. My mom even fuckin' cried, M." He looked at me, "They do not want me with you."

I frowned, "Do you want me?"

He nodded, "Fuck yeah I want you. I just...I hate to lose my mom over her, y'know?"

I put my hand on his back, ribbing soft circles, "It'll get better, if she wants a relationship with you."

"I wish it were easy, Morgan. I can't just leave you and Noah. That'd be stupid. Noah comes first, then I'll try and fix shit with my mom."

I rested my cheek to his shoulder, "Whatever makes you happy, Mikey."

"Gerard's okay with it. He don't give a shit, as long as it doesn't pertain to him." He gave a short laugh, "I need to stay away from my mom for a bit."

"You can crash here." I told him.

"Thanks." He sighed and leaned back against the couch, pulling my arm out and pulled me into his, "I just wanna rest for a minute. I'm so tired of this."

"It'll get better, I promise."

He sighed contently, "I know it will. 'Long as I got you." I felt his lips leave a warm kiss on my temple.

•••

The days passed quickly, but things felt as if they were slow at the same time, you know what I mean? Like, all day, I would either be at the doctor, wishing time would hurry, but then as the day ended, I would think where did the time go.

I loved the lamaze classes with Mikey, I loved how intuitive he had become. I watched him study the baby books, and I wanted to spend all day talking baby talk with him. I loved that he loved that I was pregnant. At times, I wanted to be pregnant forever, but who wants that? I was ready to meet my baby, to see my son and raise him.

Mikey, in a short month, had moved into my house with me. It started with a small backpack of clothes, then Gerard started dropping off his soap and other toiletries, and then he got his own drawer in my bedroom. I didn't mind, neither did Paula, because she was always off with her boyfriend. And, surprisingly, Seth and Mikey had become fast friends; they bonded over football and comic books, just like they had with Max. That was probably the best thing to happen; I was real happy, they're real civil to each other.

My mom had come back to visit during the beginning of my 9th month. She and Mikey got along real well; I would catch him, unintentionally, telling her things about me that she hadn't known before, some things she was afraid to ask. Things like my favorite color, movie, food, songs and hobbies. I even heard her sob once, and I saw them hugging; that was a real shock, but it was nice.

Of course, I felt a bit awkward about asking Mikey about this, and even my mom. I decided to just let them keep that to themselves. He supported my growing relationship with my mom.

The one thing they really clicked on was the baby. They were both really excited about his arrival and counted the days. They had a calendar, and the 30 of May encircled with a big, sharpie, blue heart.

The last time I counted, there were 10 days until his arrival.

At night, while we lay in bed, I would read, and Mikey would talk to him -the baby. He yaked on and on about nothing, and everything. I didn't mind, because I thought it was cute.

I loved when he talked about the first time he knew he was in love with me.

"...It's when I couldn't stop thinking about her. The thought of seeing her made my chest tight. She had my heart in her hands, she was killing me." He was lying on his side, talking to my stomach, my shirt tucked up underneath my breast, "I already knew I liked her a lot...I just didn't know it was love."

I smirked at him, "You're turning me and the kid into fondue with your cheesiness, Mikey." I told him.

He looked at me and smirked, "I wasn't talking to you."

I laughed, "Well, you are talking to my cocoon, and I gotta hear it. You're turning me into a love fool."

He chuckled, "Whatever, you like it. Besides, he'll recognize me when he's born, remember?"

"Yes, Mikey." 

"Alright, let me talk to my son."

I giggled, "You're a silly man."

"I'm a smart man."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sad cause the story may end soon. I love it so much.
Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter.
The next one may take longer to get to you guys, I've been stumped as hell.
If you got any ideas, I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks for reading xo ali